Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi-My doctor changed my dose of Sotret from 40mgs (1 pill), to 60 mgs (2 pills/30mgs each). Does anyone have an opinion about taking both at one time, or one twice a day? Does one way work better than the other?

Thanks

Well I would say to take one in the morning and one in the evening so they are split up. I am currently taking 120mgs a day. So I take one 40mg pills in the morning and 2 - 40mg pills in the evening. One day I accidentally took 2 pills in the morning and I felt terrible all day. I can see why my derm wanted me to take the large part of the dosage in the evening.

I'm sure you will get mixed answers on how to take the pills. So you will just have to make your best judgment on what will work for you.

My doctor was very very specific that I should never split up my two 40mg pills. He said to take both of them together in the evening with food - preferably a food with a few grams of fat to aid absorption.

I'm currently taking 60mg (one 40mg pill and one 20mg pill). My derm suggested that I take them both at the same time because it's easier to remember to take medication once a day rather than twice a day. I asked if I could take one in the morning and one in the evening, but she just reiterated that she would just take them both at the same time because it's easier. So I'm not sure if that's the only reason, or if it works better to get the full 60mg into your body at once. So I just take both in the evening.

hey i've wondered about that too....

i'm currently taking 60mg with dinner.... my derm told me 20 in the morning then 40 at night, but i'm a student so some days i wake up at weird times, plus remembering to take them was a pain in the ass

i used to have an average of 2 or 3 active cysts (or maybe papules), all the time... clearing, then reappearing.... in an average month, i'd get about 5 days max with no cysts at all..... now 3 months in, and since i started i've only had about 4 or 5, with the last 2 being over a months ago..... hopefully the last

i know some people take 40mg on even days then 80mg on odd days so i cant see anything wrong with splitting or combining your doses

REGARDING FAT & ABSORPTION

*** i make sure i always take with a good source of fat...... like at least 10grams..... unless you're drinking whole milk i'd recommend something more.... meat, nuts or olive oil should do****