Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anticyst

the regimen and neutrogena

I'm just starting with the regimen and watched Dan's video on using neutrogena on the spot treatment. I'm just wondering how he's able to "glide" this product on his face for so long? When i put it on my face, that stuff absorbs within 30-45 seconds and hardened. I realize that he uses a bit more than i do while I use about half of my index finger amount. Could it be because my face absorbs faster and I have drier skin?

Neutrogena On The Spot is a cream, so it does dry a bit faster than Dan's gel based BP. I use Neutrogena too, and when I first started The Regimen, I wondered the same thing as you, "Am I doing this wrong? Why is it drying so fast? They say it's supposed to take a while to absorb, but mine is drying out in, like, thirty seconds!".

I've been on The Regimen for about six months now, and even though I can't rub my BP in for as long as they say, it's worked just fine. Just be gentle, and make sure to cover your whole face. I use about a finger's worth of BP, and I've found that I can usually glide mine on and move it around for about thirty seconds before it gets tacky, and then I gently pat it all over until it's completely dry.

Just stick with it, and do the best you can. : )

ok just checking because neutrogena really dries quickly.

2nd question, i'm using Oxy10 wash instead of a regular cleanser because i'm afraid my breakout will be a lot worse. Before trying this regimen, I stopped using Oxy10 for a while and went back to Purpose cleanser but things got really bad. But using both Oxy10 and BP 2.5% all over dries out my face and lips a lot even with moisturizer. I'm thinking to stick with the BP wash and just apply more moisturizer. What does everyone think?

I would strongly recommend ditching the Oxy wash. Using two bp products is just contributing to the dryness you are experiencing.