Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wiganfcfan07

THE BEST THING I'VE EVER TRIED FOR RED MARKS...

Updated*;

It's been 6 days or so now using this technique and my red marks have gone from a dark/bright horrible redy swollen colour to a pinkish light red colour which for me is excellent. (i had a new pimple 4 days ago which was bright red like ruldolfs red nose but in two days it' went(I guess i was using an ice on that pimple atleast 3 times a day for 2 days and it's gone now!), it would be great to hear back if anyone else has tried this and whether it works for them or not- atleast a week of testing would be great, ANYWAYS GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!)

ok i'll start off with what made me think of this,(some of you may have already tried this) but i was playing in a football match and my mate got hurt well a big bruise down the side of his leg, they used an ice pack and it help out and good rid of the bruising ina few days.

Well i decided to get some ice cubes from the freezer and apply them to my red marks(works amazing for imflammed red marks) and from what i've seen these past 3 days it's made a hell of a difference.

But if you are going to try this do it at night because it can leave your face red for a while and wash your face after.

I've had acne for 2 years now and it's actually starting to look better but theres still a long way to ago.

IF theres anything u'd like to know feel free to pm me or reply to this, it would be great to hear if it help/s anyone else.

you put ice cubes on your face

and your red marks are significantly fading?

lol, not an ice pack but ice cubes? you just leave it on wow lol

maybe i'll try it sometime

But this is for new pimples, right?

I highly doubt it would even phase the deep ones that I've had for a year or so. :(

Yea ice cubes! If you have any imflammed acne or red marks it reduces the redness and takes the swelling down(and any painful ones, well they ani't painfull after 30 seconds of a ice cube placed on them)

I usually hold the cube on the red marks which stand out most and hold it there and do circular roations on the others. I've had acne for 2 years and i also use;

-2 different type of multi vitamins

-zinc tablets only 15g's

-omega 3 fish oil tablets

-Drink ACV twice a day(used to help when i first started using it)

But i'm seeing the best result from these ice cubes as they seriously take the redness away from the mark or pimple!

I was reading a magazine today and it said some people freeze water, lemon juice and a little bit of olive oil and it has helped with red marks and made you look less tired. I am not sure how much they used... I am sure it can be googled. I might try it tonight.

Sweet, hope it works for you! Get back to me if it does or doesn't, it would be great to hear that it has but everyones different i guess...??? i'm just glad that i've found somthing which is helping my acne and if it helps anyone else thats a bonus! GOOD LUCK

olive oil and lemon juice frozen sounds great, maybe a little aloe vera ha ha!

Haha, well if anyones going to ty it give it atleast a week before u may or may not see changes i've seen my red marks fade more in the last 4 days then in the past two years. I've got marks on the my checks and chin which usually take 10 months to fade but are hardly noticable now after a few days freezing them.

I'm gonna now try to use ice cubes in the morning and night as my face doesn't stay red for too long after they are applied.

Lenpopz - Good luck with it, hope it helps you as much as it's help to fade mine.

For me, I wake up in my warm bed and my red marks are hard to notice-- then once I go outside in the cold on my walk to work, my red marks are very visible. It seems like in my case, cold temperatures make it worse. :think:

For me, I wake up in my warm bed and my red marks are hard to notice-- then once I go outside in the cold on my walk to work, my red marks are very visible. It seems like in my case, cold temperatures make it worse. :think:

That happens to everyone (i think) when i wake up i look at my best and before i go too sleep or around 5ish at night(don't go to bed that early lol) . It's got something to do with adrenaline (I think) not sure why my red marks are hardly noticeable when i wake up but they look shit an hour or so after.

...tempted to try...

I sometimes submerge my head in the bath to control flakiness. Maybe i should try that with cold water instead.

I'm very curious, any more info wold be helpful.

I just tried this for the first time... I left an icecube on my face and moved it around. I'm not sure if I did it too much though. I did it for about 5 minutes and my face went completely numb but now it's getting really hot so I'm not sure if it was worth it. Isn't the fact that it's burned up again just cancelled out the cooling? It feels like blood's rushed back into my face and I thought this was bad for acne so am worried my acne will get worse.

Wow! :surprised: Ok so it's obviously too early to tell if it's helped my red marks but the inflammation from a few pimples I have has gone down a lot! There's still some nasty stuff in there that I can feel so I'm going to try putting some ACV vinager on to try and draw it out but the redness/inflammation has gone down considerably. I'll definitely be continuing this over the next few days and would recommend others try it too!

One thing though... do you think it would be ok to try freezing my face when it has makeup on? I'd like to try doing it 3 times a day but I wear makeup and can't wash it off 3 times a day (it's bad to wash your face too often). So does anyone know if it's ok to do it over the makeup?

Wow! :surprised: Ok so it's obviously too early to tell if it's helped my red marks but the inflammation from a few pimples I have has gone down a lot! There's still some nasty stuff in there that I can feel so I'm going to try putting some ACV vinager on to try and draw it out but the redness/inflammation has gone down considerably. I'll definitely be continuing this over the next few days and would recommend others try it too!

One thing though... do you think it would be ok to try freezing my face when it has makeup on? I'd like to try doing it 3 times a day but I wear makeup and can't wash it off 3 times a day (it's bad to wash your face too often). So does anyone know if it's ok to do it over the makeup?

Good to here, as my face looks like crap afer i use the ice cubes on my face(i usually do it at night) i was doing it 3 times a day on some really nasty ones but after 15-20 mins my face goes back to normal. The next day my pimples usually look alot better abd my skins improving aswell, like the smoothness(i guess) which is always a bonus!

As for trying it with makeup on i really don't know as i'm male but wont it mess it all up?(Don't know but i guess u could try?)

P.S Djh123 - i posed a topic which may or may not answer your question= http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Ance-morn...ht-t218544.html

Ice is great for newer pimples/red marks; it works by reducing inflammation (the redness). AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) and BHAs and other things that you can see in the pinned posts above are good for persistent red marks.

Good to here, as my face looks like crap afer i use the ice cubes on my face(i usually do it at night) i was doing it 3 times a day on some really nasty ones but after 15-20 mins my face goes back to normal. The next day my pimples usually look alot better abd my skins improving aswell, like the smoothness(i guess) which is always a bonus!

As for trying it with makeup on i really don't know as i'm male but wont it mess it all up?(Don't know but i guess u could try?)

P.S Djh123 - i posed a topic which may or may not answer your question= http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Ance-morn...ht-t218544.html

I was thinking I could put it in a sealable sandwich bag and just put that on my face (so like an ice pack). That way the water won't drip on my face.

Thanks for posting this... I really hope it works!

Sweet! No problem creating this post, hope it works for you and others as good as it's been working for me. Hope the sandwhich bag thing works out aswell, but it'll be hard to keep the ice frozen but i guess you'll think of something.

Sweet! No problem creating this post, hope it works for you and others as good as it's been working for me. Hope the sandwhich bag thing works out aswell, but it'll be hard to keep the ice frozen but i guess you'll think of something.

I work from home so that won't be a problem... I can just go to the freezer to get the ice. I was just going to put it in a bag so water doesn't drip on my face and ruin my makeup.

I couldn't believe how good my skin looked this morning :D I have no inflammation from the pimples I had and most have gone down to almost nothing. I do think I freeze-burned my face though because it's still a bit red... a bit like very mild sunburn but it doesn't look bad at all. I'm just not going to leave it on for as long tonight.

I agree..when I wake up in the morning, my skin looks its best. Almost as though the red marks are smoother and blend in more....Then a few hours later BOOM! There they are. :(

I've never tried this for red marks but it works wonders on really inflamed acne. You ice it and then put a spot treatment on right after. Reducing the swelling helps the spot treatment work more effectively.

i freeze my aloe vera that my mom grows in our backyard. would that be the same thing as icing? would it be better if i use that instead