Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcidVision

Disaster recovery - BP burned dark circles around my eyes..

I've been very careful up until 2 days ago, it's summer here, weather is hot and I was in a rush to catch my bus to work. Put on BP and applied moisturizer + jojoba oil. I must have smeared some BP the under of my eyes areas.. now both my eyes have this dark brownish half circles under them!!! It makes me look like a drug addict :(

I don't know if it will stay on forever and won't go away or should I just wait it out, or apply moisturizer to it, or put AHA+ under the eyes (risky I think). Anyone had this happened before can you please advise what to do?!

Hey it's been a while since you posted this but I thought I may as well respond. I had this problem one time. You must be very careful to avoid the tender skin around the eyes. For me, the problem resolved itself after a few days, but like you described, it was horrible while it lasted. Like you, I took on the appearance of a junkie. Usually when I apply BP, the cheek bone is the highest I go on my face. The BP will spread upwards from there simply while it pernetrates. But as long as you keep it away from the thin skin around the eyes you will be ok.

You probably just dried out and irritated the skin. In the future, just be careful not to get too close to your eyes, and for now, moisturize the heck out of the irritated area (try dabbing Vaseline or something similar on the dry spots at night to help lock in what little moisture is left there).

I second (and third) the above poster's advice - everytime I get BP to close to the under-eye area I always regret it!

Yeah, I had this happen to me at school. I was just a little careless, and applied it too close to the eyes. It healed in about 3-5 days I think, but it was soooo embarrassing. I could feel the strange looks everyone was giving me, but I just told them I had a allergic reaction to a product I was using on my face. lol I now go very slowly when applying bp, and make very very sure to avoid the eye area. Don't worry it will be okay in a couple of days. Also be sure to keep moisturizing it too!