Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadbeat007

Oyoyoy (my very first emo topic)

I just need to rage a little, and I guess I need some "aw it's okay, I can relate, it'll get better" etc. replies to lift me out of my 3AM funk. :(

A few weeks ago, things were going beautifully - my skin was cleared and my Rosacea was calm. The past week, though, my Rosacea has been flaring severely for no apparent reason. My very worst flushes can cover my entire upper body and are very red and painful. >.< Right now, my face looks like I took red lipstick and drew over my cheeks (though I could have done a better job with the lipstick, imo), and it feels like a rubber band is snapping over my face when it flares. Rosacea treatment, like acne treatment, is unpredictable, so I don't know when I'll get it under control.

What really bothers me are the missed opportunities (which I'm sure most browsing the emo section can relate to). I always told myself I wasn't interested in meeting dudes because I wasn't interested in relationships, but it's just because I flush so painfully each time I talk to a guy that I gotta duck out of the room. With acne, I could use makeup and try to ignore it, but the flushes hurt so badly that I can't focus on anything but sticking my head under a cold tap (which looks as stupid as it sounds, but helps). I can't imagine putting my life on hold for years just because I can't get this thing treated... It seems so stupid, too. >.<

I feel really idiotic for posting about this of all things, but why not. :lol::doubt:

wow i have had crappy acne for years but i have been lucky in that i haven't had rosacea before. Its sounds awful and im sorry you have to go through that.

I have had missed opportunities before as well, but i know and other people should know that these things really doesn't matter and it isn't worth worrying about. When you find a really great guy, and there are plenty about, then he wont care about your rosacea.

It also appears from your post that you have a good sense of humour and that is a great quality to have. Also if that's you in your profile pic then you are a very pretty and you will certainly get many more 'opportunities' ;)

So to sum up i think that it will be ok and i relate and im sure it will get better ;)

Aw Lauren, I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now. Just know that you are an amazing girl...and since you are part of the org....that makes you attractive by definition! lol

But really, I understand what you mean about missing opportunities with guys. A few years ago I used to think that any guy who was interested in me was doing it out of pity. I didn't have low self-esteem in anything else except guys. It was odd, but honestly, you will find someone who doesn't care about your rosacea, because the best guys see past such superficial worries. =)

I am sorry to hear about your rosacea flaring up. It sounds quite painful and I wish I could offer advice or something about that. I hope you figure a treatment out soon. If you ever need to vent, I'm avaliable.

Hey Laur, sorry about your rosacea :(

I don't know much about it but I've heard it can be worse than acne. Accutane would surprise me with what seemed to be rosacea flares (even though I don't think I have it) every now and then. I don't know about you, but I was back to normal within a little bit or so. When you come off of tane it shouldnt be so bad. :comfort:

I'm very sorry about your latest flushing. The same goes for me with breakouts. I might go days or even weeks where I am happy with my face and feeling good and then boom, I get a couple cysts or something I just focus on that so much. It's hard, but after having moderate acne for quite a few years I guess you just get used to some things. Anyway, I hope everything clears up soon. And I know what you mean about talking to guys lol, I'm the same with most girls :P

aww, deadbeat007 you don't need to worry about it :) accutane makes you super sensitive to everything, once your off it you'll probably go back to normal with ur flare ups. I can say that now i have my redness under control for some reason it kinda went away, BUT on accutane i started to get red easily. my derm says my skin is so dry and sensitive it reacts to weathering. Like if i step outside i get windburn easily or sunburns if im out more than 5 or 10 mins without sunscreen hah. sucks but tomorrows my last pill! Also when i avoid the sun and use sunscreen i am WHITE. but anyways i do blush, and when i see girls do it, it can be kinda cute ;)

so dont let that get u down, your acne is probably better 10 fold as mine is noww :]

i had times just like u where i was really upset but yeahh, they all passed. I don't really blush unless its something REALLY embarassing just be calming myself down mentally. I know obviously a different case with me since I don't have rosacea, but just keep your hopes up ;)

From your pics you look cute, btw im from AZ too! :D