Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wj4

Going to try out the Regimen..just have some questions.

I've spent the last 2 hours or so browsing the site and reading about the Regiment. I'm seriously thinking about giving it a try because of all the reviews I've read and the attractive price.

I guess since this is my first post, I'll go ahead and do a little introduction. I'm a 23 yr old male with moderate to severe acne..pretty much been facing them since middle school. I've tried most of the over counter stuff including ProActiv, but nothing worked.

About 5 weeks ago I started using Differin gel, the .3% version. It didn't really aggravated my skin, and I don't see an improvement as well.

I accident ran into this site on Google when I was searching for reviews of different acne products. My winter break from the university is about to start in 2 weeks so I'd figure that I'll give this a try during winter break.

My first question is whether if I should stop using the Differin nightly for a week or so before going on the Regimen?

And secondly, I've watched the vids of Dan demonstrating the techniques to put on the stuff. I see that he uses a lot of the moisturizer..my skin is naturally very oily as is..should I be using less than normal?

Lastly, I watched the vid where Dan says to only leave the cleanser on your face for only 10 seconds. But in another video when he's shaving, it appears like he left the cleanser on for more than the 10 seconds?

Thanks a lot! And I will say that this is a great board...for both support and sharing info.

Start on the regimen anytime you'd like.

He uses lots of moisturizer because he's been on his separate regimen for a very long time.

I sorry to hear that nothing has worked well for you so far since teen years, hopefully after finding interest in this product and giving it a try, for it to work for you would be great to hear.

Give this regimen at least 3 months, if you still don't see any improvement than you can try another.

Im pretty sure you'll be satisfied like most of us here on the forum.

I ordered the kit after I made the thread. I'm hoping to try it out in a week or two after my finals are over with. :)

Welcome. I would strongly encourage you to try the regimen, and it sounds like Christmas break would be a good time to do it.

If you've decided to give up on Differin and go with the regimen, I would just give up Differin altogether, instead of both simultaneously. Using both could seriously dry out your skin.

I am a 24 year old male who had mild to moderate acne for about 10 years. It wasn't at all "severe" but it was insanely persistent and wouldn't go away no matter what treatments I used (that includes ProActiv, Differin and Tazorac). The regimen saved my skin. I was shocked that something so ridiculously simple could be so effective, especially since I had used many other BP treatments in the past. I was incredibly skeptical but I'm so glad now that I gave it a shot.

Anyway, I would recommend easing into the BP. You know your skin best, but I'll tell you what I did. My first few weeks on the regimen I used 1 pump of BP only at night so my skin would get used to it. Gradually I moved up to two pumps of BP at night then gradually moved up to 2 pumps of BP morning and night (this is your ultimtate goal for the regimen to take full effect). As time went on my skin gradually continued to get better and it was noticeable. Many people here clear up 100% within 3-4 weeks. Though I saw significant improvement, my skin wasn't perfect and I even had a big break out a couple months after starting. But by the time I had been the regimen for 3 months my skin was 100% clear. Since then I haven't had a single pimple (months later). It's amazing.

I would strongly urge you to try the regimen and stick with it for 3-4 months before even thinking about giving it up. Follow Dan's instructions religiously. I did and I'm so glad I didn't give up. I can feel what you're going through and wish I would have known this information earlier. I tried to make this post as comprehensive as possible so that you wouldn't have a lot of the questions I did initially.

Also, I strongly suggest you buy Dan's products. They're the best I've ever used and it's easy to measure how much BP you need (2 pumps).

I hope you try it. Good luck!

EDIT: Awesome! Glad to hear you orderd the kit. That must have happened during my extremely long post. :D

Theman- thanks for your story. I don't plan on using this kit with the Differin. I'm just not sure if I should use the Differin one day and start with the Regimen on the next day. Or stop using the Differin for a week or so to give my skin time to 'rest' and use the Regimen.

I spent a little over $100 for everything and I think it was quite a bargain. I can't wait until I get them.

I also plan on easing into the kit like you did and something I did with the Differin. I started applying every other night for the first 2 weeks then after that it was every night.

Items Ordered: Price: Status:

# 1 of : 6 oz. AHA+ (10% Alpha Hydroxy Acid + Licochalcone)

$16.11 Processing

# 1 of : 8 oz. Organic Jojoba Oil

$14.75 Processing

# 1 of : Big Kit, 16 oz. bottles (3-4 months supply)

$60.93 Processing

Well Good Job on the Big 3-4 months supply kit along with the Jojoba Oil.

A few things you've messed on though. You should of just bought the 8oz to see if its really for you or not. 3-4 months supply isn't bad as long as you show commitment in this.

The AHA+ would take some time in order for you to use it since you need to adapt to the Treatment(Benzoyl Peroxide) before you could even lay your fingers on that 6oz bottle.

Well Good Job on the Big 3-4 months supply kit along with the Jojoba Oil.

A few things you've messed on though. You should of just bought the 8oz to see if its really for you or not. 3-4 months supply isn't bad as long as you show commitment in this.

The AHA+ would take some time in order for you to use it since you need to adapt to the Treatment(Benzoyl Peroxide) before you could even lay your fingers on that 6oz bottle.

I was going for the 1-2 months supply at first. But I read that it should be given 3 months before deciding to quit..that's why I went with the big set.

I read the same thing you said about the AHA, but I figured that I was going to order stuff anyways so I wanted to do everything at once, lol.

I abruptly stopped my derm topicals. I was using differin, duac, and ziana. It was the best decision I ever made. Just stop them cold turkey and feel how much better Dan's regimen makes your face feel. I love it. It's also working 10x's better than that derm stuff. Check out my log I've been keeping.

here

I abruptly stopped my derm topicals. I was using differin, duac, and ziana. It was the best decision I ever made. Just stop them cold turkey and feel how much better Dan's regimen makes your face feel. I love it. It's also working 10x's better than that derm stuff. Check out my log I've been keeping.

Thanks for the post, Tara. I checked out your log and your progress is coming nicely. I just got an email with tracking number from UPS. I'm hoping it comes within a week or so! :D

I agree with the consensus. This is probably just a moot point now, but when they say not to add extra products, they mean it. I read in a study that BP dissolves most other medications (topicals) on contact. I could be wrong, but that makes sense. I know that BP definitely dissolves some kind of category on contact.

Anyway, no matter what, it's been proven again and again that BP combined with any other kind of topical medication just makes the irritation so much worse and that leads to more break-outs.

good luck!

p.s., If I don't make sense, it's because I haven't gotten enough sleep.

good luck with your finals, mine are start on Friday next week haha!

I agree with the consensus. This is probably just a moot point now, but when they say not to add extra products, they mean it. I read in a study that BP dissolves most other medications (topicals) on contact. I could be wrong, but that makes sense. I know that BP definitely dissolves some kind of category on contact.

Anyway, no matter what, it's been proven again and again that BP combined with any other kind of topical medication just makes the irritation so much worse and that leads to more break-outs.

good luck!

p.s., If I don't make sense, it's because I haven't gotten enough sleep.

good luck with your finals, mine are start on Friday next week haha!

Thanks. Yeah I don't plan on mixing the Regiment with anything else. When I start using the Regiment kit, it will be strictly the products from Dan's site.

yayay, hopefully you will receive the product in no time so you can begin your journey of becoming clear. I want to hear all about it :]

yayay, hopefully you will receive the product in no time so you can begin your journey of becoming clear. I want to hear all about it :]

Haha, I just checked the UPS tracking number again. Expected delivery date is this Thursday. :)

Well in UPS nothing is always expected. I bought a few things online a few days ago and it said i would receive it on the 2nd. Now it changed to the 4th..

Expect the unexpected. >.>

Anyway, I would recommend easing into the BP. You know your skin best, but I'll tell you what I did. My first few weeks on the regimen I used 1 pump of BP only at night so my skin would get used to it. Gradually I moved up to two pumps of BP at night then gradually moved up to 2 pumps of BP morning and night (this is your ultimtate goal for the regimen to take full effect). As time went on my skin gradually continued to get better and it was noticeable. Many people here clear up 100% within 3-4 weeks. Though I saw significant improvement, my skin wasn't perfect and I even had a big break out a couple months after starting. But by the time I had been the regimen for 3 months my skin was 100% clear. Since then I haven't had a single pimple (months later). It's amazing.

Hi, how much of the BP did you used in the morning when getting started?

I just got the package today and will try it out in about a week after finals!

Hi, how much of the BP did you used in the morning when getting started?

I just got the package today and will try it out in about a week after finals!

He didnt use any, he only used at night. I started the regimen yesterday for the first time, and morning and night using about 1 half of a pump each time. It seems pretty good

Gotcha. 1/2 pump and slowly easing into the full 2 pumps, right?

Are you using any sunscreen after the 3rd step for the morning?

I'm going to start week 4 tomorrow and I'm still using about 1/2 - 3/4 a pump because my face is red. I would start with the 1/2 pump as best you can for the first 2 weeks to see how your skin reacts. i don't ever want to use 2 pumps, that is a lot of BP to put on your skin. Who knows, I may change that opinion in a couple months. After this week, I'm going to add AHA as a nighttime moisturizer to see how that works.

I'm going to start week 4 tomorrow and I'm still using about 1/2 - 3/4 a pump because my face is red. I would start with the 1/2 pump as best you can for the first 2 weeks to see how your skin reacts. i don't ever want to use 2 pumps, that is a lot of BP to put on your skin. Who knows, I may change that opinion in a couple months. After this week, I'm going to add AHA as a nighttime moisturizer to see how that works.

Hi Tara, this is the 2nd day that I'm on the Regimen. So far no redness or weird irritation. I'm using about 1/4ish of a pump for the BP. When I fully pumped the cleanser bottle, I was surprised at how long you need to push down for a full pump, lol.

At your week 4...are you seeing a difference yet?