Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arizonaheat

My solution after trying everything ... nothing!

Years.

That's how long it's been since I've felt this good.

Years of trial and error. After experimenting with every over-the-counter topical, prescription BP, minocycline, even regular ibuprofen usage: I've finally found my perfect regiment to curing years of horrible cystic acne.

The cure is nothing.

It was my last resort. I decided to stop everything and just let me skin relax for a few days. No excessive twice-a-day routines, no pills, no antibiotics.

I'm currently 19. I've suffered four years of acne, with the last two producing severe cysts and bacne — all over my forehead, cheeks, chin, jawline, even neck. They wouldn't stop appearing no matter what I did. Before moving out west, I spent the previous year traveling 1.5 hours to the top-rated dermatologist in the northeast. She urged me to go on accutane, and even said I was one of her worst cases. Dozens of bottles prescriptions sit in my desk, all piled up on top of the large (and intimidating) Accutane manual. (A college student... not drinking excessively?)

Basically, I said f*** it.

And bizarrely enough, everything turned around. All I did was splash water on my face at night and apply a good amount of moisturizer. I haven't had a cyst in about a month!

That's it. A splash of water and moisturizer. My theory is that because of my excess amounts of BP, which completely dried out my skin, my body was forced to produce extra oils to keep my face moisturized. In tern, those extra oils clogged deep in my skin, producing cysts.

Now keeping my face is moisturized has made all the difference in the world. No more pills, topicals, etc.

I could look back and say, "wow, that was a waste of thousands of dollars, time and effort." But really I'm so happy right now that I don't even care! It's truly remarkable. I really want to thank all of you on this board. I never post but I read often.

To those of you who are struggling out there: Keep at it and never give up. There's always a way.

Hit me up ladies.

-ArizonaHeat

This shit is absolutely crazy! If you look around, there is a multitude of stories being posted lately eerily similar to yours. Basically saying that very little/no products is curing their acne.

I am actually trying something similar as we speak. My main problem is that I can't figure out the right type of moisturizer that will not clog my pores/make my face shiny and nasty, while still moisturizing enough.

Any suggestions?

Also, do u only wash at night, not in the morning?

And hot or cold or lukewarm water?

And did it get worse before it got better, and how long did it take to get better/clear?

THANKS

I use Clinique's oil-free moisturizer, but I'm starting to think the one for dry skin would work even more effectively, since it's giving your face the oils that your body won't have to produce. The one I'm using now (oil-free) doesn't make my face look shiny, either.

The water is just luke warm water, but that part is not really important.

It took just a few days - everything just seemed to calm down.

If you think you've done everything, ask yourself: What have you got to lose? Take a chance.

Do you wet shave?

If so, what kind of shaving cream do u use? Does it seem to not cause dry skin/breakouts?

Thanks a lot.

Do you wet shave?

If so, what kind of shaving cream do u use? Does it seem to not cause dry skin/breakouts?

Thanks a lot.

I just use a regular razor with this Edge cool gel stuff. I usually apply more moisturizer after shaving, as the skin is usually drier.

Urs must hv been a puberty acne..mine ain't i am 26

and i dont think ignorance is bliss

If you're 26 (and male), I think there is a greater chance that your skin is irritated and therefore needs to heal on its own.