Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rightyo I just really need to vent right now and this seems like a good place to do it. This afternoon I got a SMS on my phone from some number I’ve never seen before sayings

“Clearasil stayclear deep cleansing wipes on special at Woolworths from the 1st of December for 2 weeks.†and it made me angry. Who the hell does this person think they are? I went to ring them back to abuse the hell out of them and the gutless person doesn’t even have the decency to answer their phone. I know my skin is far from perfect but up until about half an hour ago it didn’t really worry me. I’d gotten past feeling so insecure and really didn’t think anyone noticed or cared. But now I just feel shit and know next time I’m out in public I’m going to be worrying about my skin and people judging me because of it.

I’m probably overreacting but I just feel so angry right now.

heyy dont worry about it.. i can understand why you feel angry about it, hell, i would be pissed too but honestly these little things shouldnt get to you, you will prob get over and find it silly gettin angry over it but its a wonderful idea to vent it out on the message board, thats a good start for getting some angry off your chest.

i hope you feel better soon!! :)

Thanks you two. I was just having a shit day yesterday and that message didn't help. I still would love to know who sent it so I can abuse the hell out of them but I know that's not going to achieve anything and it's just sinking to their level.

That's so, so underhand. I'm angry for you. I'd be thinking about where they got the number from...one of your 'friends'? The best thing I suppose you can do would be to completely ignore it and not let it phase you. If this person who has messaged you sees that it's affected your confidence their malicious intent will have been vindicated. If you can do that though, your a much stronger person than me.

Ouch. I don't think you're overreacting .... that would hurt, and I'd be angry too.

But Nike is right, it's just one pathetic asshole out there with nothing better to do. You're better than that. :)

I've still got no idea who sent it. Tried ringing the number back and it tells me it's been disconnected so looks like i'll never find out. I still can't get over how childish and gutless some people are.

beat whoever it is at their own game.

Find a way to get their number, not sure how but do it, then find something they don't like about their life. Then rub it into them, they deserve it.

Thats terrible, I would be so pissed off if someone did that to me. Thats just so immature and ignorant. I really don't mind discussing my skin or being asked questions about it. But what you described just crosses the line.

As a few people said, thats just one asshole out of maybe 10,000 people. I have met maybe around 3000 people since I have had acne, and nobody has even commented on it. Another 7000 to go and I might get an sms as well :D

Don't take it too hard, once you get clear, you will feel sorry for whoever sent it. Take comfort in the fact that people who behave like that get screwed over, if not by you, then by somebody else. This wasn't a one time thing for them and they won't change their behavior, and so one day.. they will screw up and face the consequences. Probability is that they will not go down gently, since they usually escalate in terms of "badness" so to speak. If they are already at this level I wouldn't be surprised if they went to jail or something in the future.