Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RipperJack

Tretinoin Cream Log 0.05%

My doctor prescribed it so I think that this one is finally gonna work :D

I shall be logging my experience so that you all can learn from my expierence ok? ok :D

I am also using Checks and Balances by origins which is GREAT!

im also using a moisturizer by Gunilla of sweeden but i might find a new one, maybe a jojaba oil or whatever.

Well i gotta go put this stuff on nows! xD

Tomorrow i will detail my first night of the stuff! (exciting much?! :D)

HERE I GO!

WISH ME LUCK!

DAY 1

Face: Moderate acne around my mouth and smile line. Small puss filled bumps on chin.

Side Effects: None so far.

I put it on last night after using my cleanser and it didn't do much today but I have to be patient! I read that there is a small worsening period so I am anxiously awaiting that. I think I used the right amount because I have no peeling at all. It might have made my skin red for a couple of minutes but after that nothing really. I think that i might have gotten a tiny bit light headed and my face got a little numb but that is probably imagined xD

This morning I used my cleanser and my moisturizer.

Happiness: 7

DAY 2

Face: Unchanged if not worse

Side Effects:none really yet

Not much to report really. Im gonna wait a while before i expect anything good. It said up to 12 weeks.

Happiness: 6

My face is getting worse and worse but I think thats just how it works... I HOPE! xD

I think my moisturizer isn't the best thing for my skin right now, is there another that goes good with Retin-A?

I was thinking something from origins and then adding jojoba oil, sound good?

Also when should i be using my cleanser? If ever

The cream, or as I have gel, will dry your face out but that's what its suppose to do. I was told not to put it all over your face, just the pimples because what it does is peel away layers of skin in order to treat the pimple. I have the 0.025%.

My face is getting worse and worse but I think thats just how it works... I HOPE! xD

I think my moisturizer isn't the best thing for my skin right now, is there another that goes good with Retin-A?

I was thinking something from origins and then adding jojoba oil, sound good?

Also when should i be using my cleanser? If ever

Hey I am on my sixth week of retin-a micro. I am still breaking out and it sucks, but apparently that is how it works- stick in there.... hopefully within a few months we will both have beautiful skin.

And using a cleanser in the morning and at night (before applying the retin-a) is usually suggested. Make sure it is something super gentle!! cause within the next few weeks your skin will most likely become irritated and start peeling.

If you are going to start applying a lotion, one with SPF will help your skin.

DAY 3

Face: The spots that popped up are red but no whiteheads. Kinda dry but other than that its not THAT bad.

Side Effects: Dryness but no too severe.

Well its not getting any better, kinda a bit worse, but better than yesterday. However, I HAVE A PLAN!

My mom was telling me about this stuff called Obagi which is supposed to be INCREDIBLE and how she was on Obagi, Retin-A, and getting micro-dermabrasions and her face was MAGNIFICENT!

Im going to try and do this as well, she said she would pay for it and stuff but i might start helping pay for it because im getting a job as a guitar teacher.

I CAN'T WAIT! xDDD

Happiness: 8

Oh you're in for a ride! I'm at week 9 and my skin just started getting better last week. I suggest for your initial breakout to not be too bad, use either a topical antibiotic or benzoyl peroxide in the morning (or both together). It will help at least a bit with some of those nasty spots you will get. I wish I had started using those from the beginning, I paid the price...now I have so many deep red marks.

Good luck!

hey i jus wanted to see where u are right now. I started 5 days after you did, and im still pretty pissed off at my skin. But it definently started getting pretty goodishish around 8 weeks. Im on week 10 but i still have spots and redmakrs. Im praying this stuff will clear me SOON.

o and i got a really bad initial breakout at 3 weeks. and 6 weeks.