Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teh

What if a pimple bleeds? Is that considered Popping it?

What if im just washing my face with soap and water, and a pimple started bleeding?

Is that considered popping it?

Will it leave scars?

What DOES a scar look like? Is it like a darker color on your skin?

Because all my past pimples have left a darker mark on my skin.

What if im just washing my face with soap and water, and a pimple started bleeding?

Is that considered popping it?

Will it leave scars?

What DOES a scar look like? Is it like a darker color on your skin?

Because all my past pimples have left a darker mark on my skin.

I'm still newbie at the whole acne-technique stuff, but in my opinion you should wash your face more gently with no pressure at all, and then nothing will pop :), and yes it is considered as popping, it's same thing really, once "something" comes out from it, it's popped. If it was a small one, but it probably wasn't that small it will leave a scar (a brown mark). Give me a minute I will attach screen shots.

There you go, at number 1's I've done those pictures around 3-5days ago, and the number 2's, just recently today.

That screen shot is close-up, so it might look big :)

I say not to worry about it. just make sure it doesn't get infected and your fine. if a pimple pops in the shower your skin is usually already soft and your pores are open so having a pimple pop shouldn't leave you a big mark or blemish.

Thanks.

And you cant get rid of scars right?

Uhh, I'm sure you can, like I mentioned before, I'm still newbie about the whole acne thing, I will also see dermatologist Wednesday, and he'll tell me what to use, so if you have more than one "scar" I suggest you see dermatologist aswell ;)

Goodluck !

Suggestion: Face mask ! (not sure if it'll work, but I think it's really worth a try :))

The red marks are usually hyperpigmentation from the breakout and will eventually go away (though it takes months and sometimes years). Scars tend to be actual indentations in the skin that are permanent.

The red marks are usually hyperpigmentation from the breakout and will eventually go away (though it takes months and sometimes years). Scars tend to be actual indentations in the skin that are permanent.

If you won't do anything about them, then sure they won't go away, but if you'll try some kind of face-mask or other products which would peel-off your skin, then you will definitely get rid of the scars/brown marks.

If you won't do anything about them, then sure they won't go away, but if you'll try some kind of face-mask or other products which would peel-off your skin, then you will definitely get rid of the scars/brown marks.

Actually the best thing to do for red marks is leave them alone, they will go away in time. If you try to do too much you run the risk of aggravating them more.

Actually the best thing to do for red marks is leave them alone, they will go away in time. If you try to do too much you run the risk of aggravating them more.

Sorry, but I just can't agree with you on this one. They will go away "in time" which would be around 2-5 years until they're gone? That's just too much time... :ninja:

I have poked and prodded and made many a pimple bleed. The results range from a dark red bump that lasted a few years to tinny pink ones that were gone in days. Don't try to bleed it all out with force though, you just end up with a massive swollen red lump on hyour face that only spawns more acne (depending on your severity). After it does finish bleeding though an ice cube in a dixi cup or paper towel is your best friend to reduce swelling.

my pimples always bleed when i pop them...and yes some do scar but don't worry about it! aloe vera (drinks lots of water) and it will heal:)

Sorry, but I just can't agree with you on this one. They will go away "in time" which would be around 2-5 years until they're gone? That's just too much time... :ninja:

2-5 years? Wow that's a long time. Mine usually fade within a couple months.

2-5 years? Wow that's a long time. Mine usually fade within a couple months.

Well it depends, hyperpigmentation can last for years and years. Whereas you probably just have blood under the skin or an inflamed area. The blood and the inflammation go away within a few weeks to a few months.

For some people...when they pop a pimple...they got red or brown marks only...and for those people who can't resist to pop a pimple and they do it as a habit...they turn to deep/minor scars... :cry: