Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NYschulo69

My accutane log male 18 latino Sotret

this is all about my accutane experience. My name is Denis im 18 and have mild to moderate acne. I hate everything there is about acne tho people i say i overreact those same people never had acne problems so they wouldnt know. Well im on day 9 of my medicine (sotret) and my acne got pretty bad my forehead is loaded with pimples and i have a good share of them on my cheeks. Oh yeah m only on 20 mg so far. im also getting a couple of pimples on my chest where i dnt get too many and my shoulders and lower back where ialso dont get too many, is this normal? As for side effects only mild dry lips. I know accutane is supposed to cure acne on your face but is it supposed to cure your body also? This is all for today wish me luck ill update soon :)

Yes it is very good at treating even the worse cases of acne, excpecially back acne and chest.

it worked excellent for me, i was completely clear in 5 months of the stuff, pretty much clear on the 3rd month acutally.

its a miracle.

that it says it may worse before it gets better when on it, thats just one of the side effects, dont worry about it.

thanks for the advice Nick,im glad it helped u=). Do u have any suggestions to what i should do to make this journey a little easier? i would appreciate it man

Under your user name

My Menu

My Controls

On the left side of the page you will see Personal Profile and under that its Edit Avatar Settings

Then Upload

Yea no prob.....I saw that you asked what could make the journey easier and i would have to suggest Aquaphor by Eucerin for dry cracked lips....Works real well

Day 10-pretty much the same thing as yesterday im still broken out and cant wait to see my derm so he could pop these things i rather not touch them myself. The fact that i broke out like this i guess means its working because from what i know it gets better before worse. So hopefuly these things calm down because this just sucks i havent had this many zits on my face in a really long time.

And well i was having sex today with my girl, and i got extremely tired and my head was spinning like crazy this never happened before so i blame tane, anyone know if this is normal im also wondering when the wost part of acne (what im going thru) is over?

would appreciate please reply, thanks

Good luck man, keep staying positive. Im on day 79 or so and finally starting to see some better results, although its different for everyone

thanks ill try lol and im happy your seeing better results, cant wait til i hit that part but its only day 11 its still the worst part of it. if u can please keep me updated on ur satus and info that can help me, hope all goes well =)

Day11- my face still isnt getting any better :( just dryer i actually noticed some flakes today. This process is too slow manggg, gets frustrating at times but what can i do. I went to the gym today and iv never fet so frail in m life i litteraly have NO energy, i hope i feel better tomorrow i see the derm this thurs which is always a good thing. As u guys prob feel as well. My face is also alittle redder which also sucks, life is great!!

Yea im on the tane been on it for a about 3 in a half months works pretty well better than any other scripts i have tried......... I know how you feel on the whole gym part its pretty hard to work out in the beginning on the tane i also had no energy when I hit up the gym ... I don't know about the whole getting tired while having sex i feel great every time no probs wit getting dizzy while on the meds must be one of those side effects for you

i guess its prob me..tht sux. Im a gym rat so if im restricted from the gym i would spazz i hoe i stop getting these dizzy spels. So your3 half months in to this shit,?hows it goin for u anything hectic?,or that should look out for? Im guessing ur prety clear at this point

Day-13 So the rediculous breakout has calmed down. I went to the derm today and he messd wih my face as usual and now my acne looks to b getting dry. I also have to get my blood test in order to get a higher dose of this stuff. 20mg i guess can only do so much. Starting to get pain in the lower back. I always had a bad back but now its just getting pretty painful especialy at the gym or at work where i do nothing but sand and sell donuts (dunkin donuts) my lips are getting a little dryer as well so thats always a great sight"/. The derm said that i should b clear in three months.....ughhh i hope hes right, im sick of this acne state of mind i have at times

Yea its not to bad sometimes i think the tane plays games with emotions but i just brush it off.....Im also on a different dose than you are im taking 40mg on odd days and 80mg on even days, so i cant really tell you what to look out for except for the dry lips...... Im actually not clear yet have 2 actives but they will prob be dried out by tomorrow............Idk man that sucks that you got some back pain i haven't ran into any probs wit my back yet...I know how you feel on that acne state of mind it will diminish after time just have a little bit of patience with a positive attitude...

Day 52-

Yeah its been a while since iv posted,...actually its been

pretty damn ong lol, but so far no great results. Dry lips is an eveyday

thing and my dose is now 40mg. Surprising my face is not that dry. Im

drinking alot of water these days and i thik thats why my face isnt so

dry. My chest is breaking out a bit tho:( i dont really get backne any

more but i got a pimple on my back today. I guess i have to be patient

but if this persists by next month ill get a little worried. I just hope this

medicine works, because if it doesnt i wont know what to do because i dont

know what else i can take to get rid of this. Best of luck to everyone im going

to start posting more often

Nice to hear back from you man its been a while..... Sounds like your getting some improvement that's always good to hear......It should all work out in the end..... You just gotta give it some more time to effect you.....I'm in pretty far and still get an active here and there.....So i wouldn't be to stressed about it just take it day by day.....

[im a pretty patient person but i just cant wait to finish this dude. Nice to know your still replying. Btw im not having those sex problems anymore so thats a huge relief i hope everything goes uphill from here. What day are you on btw and hows the treatment going

That's good to hear that those problems that you had before went away........The treatment is going pretty well still get an active every once and a while.....I'm on my last dose and have about 36 pills left.....So i guess ill just have to wait and see what happens.... Stay Positive

Hey! I have had acne since I was in eighth grade (now in tenth) not to long but to all you who have had acne know that a long time. I don't have SEVER acne such as NOdular acne or cyst, I mean any acne is BAD acne but still it ain't that bad. So I went to the derm today to get a chemical peel and they recommend Accutane the derm. said, "YOu will get some break outs before getting better," I thought, "Wait this medicine is going to give me acne before it gets better." I wasn't to comfortable with that. On a scale of 1 to 10 ten being really bad, what would you scale the break outs you get after taking the medicine, keeping in mind the acne you had before, how much worse did it get?

That's good to hear that those problems that you had before went away........The treatment is going pretty well still get an active every once and a while.....I'm on my last dose and have about 36 pills left.....So i guess ill just have to wait and see what happens.... Stay Positive

Thats good to hear man, your almost done with this and could move on with your life

Hey! I have had acne since I was in eighth grade (now in tenth) not to long but to all you who have had acne know that a long time. I don't have SEVER acne such as NOdular acne or cyst, I mean any acne is BAD acne but still it ain't that bad. So I went to the derm today to get a chemical peel and they recommend Accutane the derm. said, "YOu will get some break outs before getting better," I thought, "Wait this medicine is going to give me acne before it gets better." I wasn't to comfortable with that. On a scale of 1 to 10 ten being really bad, what would you scale the break outs you get after taking the medicine, keeping in mind the acne you had before, how much worse did it get?

i dont have severe acne, cysts either. But yeah your probably going to break out, i did. I would say 7 out of 10 in terms of bad. I recomend you take this medicine its worth the bs it puts you thruogh.

Day 59-

Day 59-

Results are finaly starting to show. Other than about very small pimples i

m pretty much clear. This is an awesome feeling. I still got these red marks,

but i just bought this emu oil on the internet and hopefully that helps it heal faster.

My back is clear exept fr a few on my shoulders but my chest hs like a good 4

pimples i guess i just have to wait it out. I guess its all uphill from hear.

Day 59-

Results are finaly starting to show. Other than about very small pimples i

m pretty much clear. This is an awesome feeling. I still got these red marks,

but i just bought this emu oil on the internet and hopefully that helps it heal faster.

My back is clear exept fr a few on my shoulders but my chest hs like a good 4

pimples i guess i just have to wait it out. I guess its all uphill from hear.

Hey Man. My acne is mild as well and I just started accutane 10 days ago .... you havent updated in a while so i was just wondering whats happened in the last little while.. It would really help me out so i kinda know what to expect.

thanks alot :)