Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have had acne for over 5 years now, and I have recently become clear using the ACV method, ive noticed a few strange things now that im clear.

everything seems the same, except from the fact that now i can look at myself in the mirror and not feel bad.

People are the same around me, nobody comments on how good i look, people still stare at me and i still wonder what people think about me.

Im surprised im saying this but i don’t think acne has had allot to do with me being lonely all my life, i think its me, because i felt so unsure of myself because i had acne.

To be honest, acne is only a small part of what we have to deal with, its because we let it get to us that it becomes such a big issue.

Im grateful im clear, and life is better, its just not... as good as i thought it would be...

Its the same... :|

Im surprised im saying this but i don’t think acne has had allot to do with me being lonely all my life, i think its me, because i felt so unsure of myself because i had acne.

if youre saying this, then acne is/was @ least partially the problem

i know what you mean, though

& yeah, i dont know why youd expect your life to be spectacular post-acne

i mean, plenty of people w/o acne have problems as well

but, clear skin is one less thing to worry about, no?

:)

everything seems the same, except from the fact that now i can look at myself in the mirror and not feel bad.

I think that is what a lot a people are wanting.

I myself aint looking for people to compliment me all the time i would prefer just to look kinda normal :P

its true bro. having no acne people treat you the exact same. its just people with acne wanna blame their failures in life on the fact they have acne. same thing with cripples and fat people

well if you think the way people look at you wasnt because of your acne, aleast you were able to say the way you look at yourself changed because of your acne. atleast now you have the confidence to look at yourself in the mirror, and be happy with who you are (hopefully). now you have the ability to increase your confidence and hope that people see your personality shine through whether or not on how good you look.

this same thing has been said time and time again, but i'm not sure if it will ever get through to me.

everyday i look at myself in the mirror, promising myself that one day this pain and misery will be over and that i'll be happy again. I disregard all of these posts, but when I know in the back on my mind that nothing is going to change when I clear up. I'm going to find something else and form an unhealthy obsession over it. i'm going to find another way to make my life a living hell. and i think thats a major lesson, life is rough. the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I think the main point everyone can take home is that you shouldn't be waiting to enjoy an amazing life AFTER the acne is gone.

As the OP described ~ there aren't going to be miraculous 180 degree turns in life for most people who suffer from acne. If you had severe acne that stopped you from being able to go outside or be in any kind of a social situation, maybe that will be a different story.

But from my personal experience as well, and those of others, acne will be the only thing that is gone. It's going to take your effort after that to get you where you want. Don't expect everything in the world to start falling in place before your feet when acne is gone.

The best mindset is to live your life as if you were to live it without acne, right now.

Obviously everyone has their own idea of what a "normal" person looks/acts like etc. Especially when you have acne, you don't "feel" like a normal person I guess? But like a lot of people are saying, acne is only a small underlying problem. Once it's gone you're going to have to deal with interacting on your own. Courage doesn't happen overnight, just like treating stubborn bastard acne. :]

hey wow i am glad you have cleared up!! I'm still using the ACV and I'm almost there. Its been 3 weeks today, I just finished my first bottle. I have not had any new pimples, still just an issue with the clogged pores that turned into little pimples on my cheeks. They are so annoying but each day they are better and better. I have not had any pimples what so ever on my chin/jaw which was prime target prior to the ACV... nothing painful, nothing big. I cant believe it. I'm sorry you don't feel any different, I really really do. Remmeber how I told you I wanted to be able to wake up next to someone and not feel like I am going to scare them away without my make up... today was the first morning I looked at myself and thought that I could actually do that. Sure, it's not perfect, but I don't expect that it will be. All redness is gone from my skin thanks to ACV and I have never felt more confident.