Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DNG

New home face mask recipe!

-One big teaspoon of honey.

-One big teaspoon of basic water-based moisturizer.

-8 Drops of rubbing alcohol/surgical spirit.

-6 Drops of apple cider vinegar.

-4 Drops of 100% tea tree oil.

-2 * 300mg aspirin pills (has to be a very fine powder like flour, no chunks!)

-2 * 200mg ibuprofen pills (has to be a very fine powder like flour, no chunks!)

This makes enough to cover the entire face.

This has everything you will need to get rid of acne. Its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, very mild-peel, moisturizing, pain relieving, cheap, easy, and also anything else which any of the products do. Once it dries slightly, it becomes really sticky :) Wash your face before applying it.

Heres a short success story:

I decided for a weekend (the past one) that I would just stay in. I had this on for the entire weekend, and replaced it once every 24 hours. Every morning I would wash my face with regular soap, and reapply the mask. I did not get one single new pimple, the existing ones were as good as gone, and the size and redness of my red marks had reduced by about half. It gets very very sticky to sleep with, if you can't sleep on your back then youre in for one hell of a ride :D I had to wash my sheets once a day but it was worth it.

I havent tried it for shorter periods of time, say 1 hour.. but I took it to the extreme and it worked very well. I had it on for 72 hours straight and it was amazing.

Have a go at it, and tell me how it worked for you.

My program for today was cancelled, so make that like 100 hours... Still going strong :D My skin is really starting to look quite good :D

In my opinion it did, although I haven't been following their progress as closely as the red marks and active acne. They do seem to have reduced quite a bit, expecially the blackheads on my nose. I won't hurt to try it :D

That I was I also thought, until I came across an interesting piece of information.

The alcohol acts as a carrier for the ibuprofen, so that the ibuprofen can penetrate the epidermis, and the dermis. This is why all ibuprofen gels for muslce pains/ sports injuries have alcohol in them.

The very small amount doesn't irritate my skin, although if you are concerned then you could decrease the amount, but do not remove it completely. I think that 2 drops might be enough.

Hmm, what is rubbing alcohol? :S

It is basically pure ethanol. Although sometimes it may also contain methanol. 100% alcohol.