Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anonanon

Reducing Redness

I'm in week 4 of the regimen; breakouts have ceased, but my face still is still quite red, is there any way to speed up the transition to normal skin tone?

Thanks

I'm in week 4 of the regimen; breakouts have ceased, but my face still is still quite red, is there any way to speed up the transition to normal skin tone?

Thanks

Vitamin C?

I just put BP on my face for the first time in probably 4 years and it made the entire area where the BP touched red as blood. I put moisturizer on there afterward and took 2 Aleve since its anti inflammatory so hopefully that will help.

What are some things other people have tried and that have worked to reduce redness?

Thanks

Vitamin C?

Already getting 100% RDA from taking multivitamins. I was thinking more of a topical treatment,.

i think drinking loads of water help. also airconditioner. thats what i used during the summers.

I already drink a lot of water.

Anyway, i'm gonna give sudacrem a try, it's good for rashes and stuff, so it might help. Gonna see if i can get some jojoba oil as well.

i think drinking loads of water help. also airconditioner. thats what i used during the summers.

I already drink a lot of water.

Anyway, i'm gonna give sudacrem a try, it's good for rashes and stuff, so it might help. Gonna see if i can get some jojoba oil as well.

Did you try the jojoba oil? I got some and it helps during the day when I use it with moisturizer, but as soon as I wash my face at night, the flakes are in full force and I wake up even more dry. AND my face is still flush. I'm in the middle of week 2.

4 weeks in is about where I'm at. Not too much trouble with redness since I was using 10% all over face fairly often before DKR. So I haven't tried much lately.

The redness at this time in DKR is likely mostly related to normal full-face irritation, which I think you are referring to, rather than only just around the breakout spots that have stopped. For the full face redness, I've had some success in the past with:

- putting moisturizer on quite a bit sooner than usual

- oatmeal paste-type masks

- using cooler water

- I don't recommend, but have tried short term (day or two), and only for more severe inflammation: hydrocortisone. Research it first cause there are side effects/risks.

- aloe vera gel, for some people. My skin didn't react well to it.

I wouldn't use glycolic acid (AHA) at this point. It is more for old acne marks anyway I think, rather than for the irritation/inflammation/redness you describe. See Dan's recommendations for the logical use of glycolic acid.

I also don't recommend using a toner. I haven't had any good experiences with them, and besides, other products shouldn't be used with DKR, if you follow it as directed.

A few ideas anyway.