Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TommyBlates

Azelaic Acid (Skinoren) initial breakout

Hi all,

Ive been on azelaic acid for 6 days, and i have had a bit of a breakout at the side of my mouth, only small zits, and a few on my nose, and a couple here and there. Its a fair bit worse than it was before i started using it, at which point i was just spot treating with Dans BP and then Dans AHA.I know that skinoren is supposed to unclog your pores so i was wondering whether this breakout could be part of the process with azelaic acids. I know its not very common but was just wondering if anyone has experienced the same sort of thing on this med and then experienced good results. I like the product overall, good for controlling oil and gives my skin an even tone but just need to know if this initial breakout is anything to worry about. The reason i suspect it might be a 'purge' is because ive always had a fair few blackheads on my nose and these seem to have developed into microzits so i assume/hope my skin is just being unclogged and will settle down as time goes on. Any advice would be welcomed.

Many thanks,

Tommy

Hi, i've been using azelaic acid for over two years so I can't remember what exactly happened when I started, but I think it was the same. I think you get an initial breakout with any cream. Keep using it because it's the best one there is.