Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OneLoveLetsGetTogether

I guess I can call myself a cystic acne sufferer now

yeah well my acne has always been moderate but yesterday not thinking it would be TOO bad to just HARDLY break my diet (which keeps my clear of actives and does nicely when I follow it strictly) to enjoy a little bit well I woke up to a fucking surprise this morning. The worst part is I ate green beans, a little bit of pork, a little bit of turkey and some raw pecans. I told myself it would be best to just instead eat an orange or whatever and I would have but my family was over and we were having our thanksgiving (they live out of state so we were visiting) and I knew they'd expect me to eat. So I'm like thinkin 'oh I'll be fine its just greenbeans and some meat at least its not pie' or whatever and I wake up int he fucking morning with god damn cysts on my face. I've never had cystic acne and now its worse than ever! What the hell did I do to deserve this seriously? I can't fucking take it anymore, the worst (most ironic) part of all this shit is that the ENTIRE week I stayed away from bad foods despite the holidays and temptations and my face was looking BETTER THAN EVER and then fucking sunday comes round and my face explodes! And we have school tomorrow how great.

Anyways...I told you that story so I could get some advice on that (in my opinion horrible) drug accutane. My dad told me that I should drop the diet and go to a dermatologist and get some antibiotic for it so I have the option of going on it if I wanted to...I've done some research and etc. and it doesn't seem too bad (although the dry lips doesn't sound too cool at all especially since I'm planning on askin this girl out soon and cystic acne along with corn flake lips isn't too appealing) and I guess that 2-3 months to get clear (and actually be able to eat a spoonful of peanut butter without fucking breaking out) would be worth it. I dunno I kinda wanted other peoples opinions on it cause I do wanna take it (despite the fact that I hate the idea of taking any kind of medicine for it...I'm just hopeless now and willing to try anything) and if anybody could share their experience with it then please do.

I suppose its just discouraging because I could kinda cope with moderate acne but now its cysts and deep deep red marks on my face (you know the ones where the color is so dark that it almost looks black and just looks like a fucking burnt crater in your face or something) which I've never had and ugh I never have had things this bad hit me. I mean I've always been lucky when it came to things, never had many allergies, was always lucky in some way and I remember as a kid or growing up before moderate acne came I would feel sorry for kids I knew who had allergies or this or that and I'd tell myself "I'm lucky" cause I wasn't allergic to animals or foods or lactose intolerant or all those bad things. Then its like I have this horrible cystic acne its like how the fuck did this happen to me or WHY did this happen to me?

Another funny thing is NOBODY in my bloodline has EVER had acne. Nobody in my immediate family, nor their parents, nor THEIR parents. I guess my bad skin genes trace way back to some guy in the 1500s in ireland or some shit haha.

Nevermind, I actually just found a site which gave me a full rundown of accutane (not just bits and pieces like I've been finding) and I've decided not to take it..I don't really have a problem with actives I just have ugly skin lol I think if I continue my diet and stay strict it'll heal up. And so the (50th?) pickup begins...

I just eat healthy and drink plenty of water. I know there has to be a balanced and structured regimen but I don't have the resources to put myself on one yet, that is why I am not doubting the fact that dealing with this in a natural way works because I haven't actually given it a chance. I just know that when I follow my diet really strict (nothing but raw fruits and veg and some raw nuts) my face looks amazing (amazing for acne at least). My skin tone evens out nicely and my skin starts to get smooth etc. This usually occurs after only 2 or 3 days. Imagine an entire month I could be completely naturally clear. I just haven't been able to get enough food to sustain me for a long enough time or rather I tend to eat it before I get more resulting in a break in my diet which causes me to break out. I just applied for a job to get money to buy food and lo and behold the fucking bastards didn't hire me go figure. Another failed attempt. Sigh.

I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.

You're having the best skin week of your life, and you're thinking "Wow. Wow. This is amazing." And you fail to remember that acne has a mind of its own, and will attack you when you least expect it.

Waking up, looking in the mirror, and finding new zits on your face just when you thought you had nearly celebrity grade skin is the worst feeling in the world.

And I really think that's acne's best feeling in the world.

It's out to kill all of us emotionally.

You're having the best skin week of your life, and you're thinking "Wow. Wow. This is amazing." And you fail to remember that acne has a mind of its own, and will attack you when you least expect it.

Waking up, looking in the mirror, and finding new zits on your face just when you thought you had nearly celebrity grade skin is the worst feeling in the world.

Yep..sucks. The thing is though what sucks the most is that I KNOW how to keep my skin clear I have finally (after months of trial and error) figured out the foods and things in foods that break me out and I know how to keep actives from popping up but I dare to deviate just a TINY bit and kaboom fucking cysts?! Mmm....talk about tough. Another thing that sucks is the fact that I was actually going to ask this girl out tomorrow and now I feel so fuckin low that I can't even do it. I think I'll ask her wednesday when my skin evens back out (if it does) and perhaps some of these big bumps may smooth out (the left side of my face ironically is almost entirely smooth while the right side is like the appalachian mountains haha).

Tomorrow I plan to start a super strict regimen which hopefully will change things by Wednesday/Thursday and things will get better. Just gotta pick myself up and start all over again...whew.

Yeah and I don't really mind the zits as much as the skin tone I mean new zits are fine if they're small or not really red but when I get those big fuckin blotches that had been nicely evening out the entire week and now back and SUPER red ughhhh so stressful. Both suck though lol.

Hey! On the bright side though, my forehead is mostly clear now. I mean I usually never get breakouts up there but recently I had a afew zits coming up (especially between my eyebrows frustratingly) and now they are mostly faded. So I know eating right has done at least SOMETHING positive for me lol (an entire range of things actually).

Yep..sucks. The thing is though what sucks the most is that I KNOW how to keep my skin clear I have finally (after months of trial and error) figured out the foods and things in foods that break me out and I know how to keep actives from popping up but I dare to deviate just a TINY bit and kaboom fucking cysts?! Mmm....talk about tough. Another thing that sucks is the fact that I was actually going to ask this girl out tomorrow and now I feel so fuckin low that I can't even do it. I think I'll ask her wednesday when my skin evens back out (if it does) and perhaps some of these big bumps may smooth out (the left side of my face ironically is almost entirely smooth while the right side is like the appalachian mountains haha).

Tomorrow I plan to start a super strict regimen which hopefully will change things by Wednesday/Thursday and things will get better. Just gotta pick myself up and start all over again...whew.

Yeah and I don't really mind the zits as much as the skin tone I mean new zits are fine if they're small or not really red but when I get those big fuckin blotches that had been nicely evening out the entire week and now back and SUPER red ughhhh so stressful. Both suck though lol.

Hey! On the bright side though, my forehead is mostly clear now. I mean I usually never get breakouts up there but recently I had a afew zits coming up (especially between my eyebrows frustratingly) and now they are mostly faded. So I know eating right has done at least SOMETHING positive for me lol (an entire range of things actually).

Ahhh, I just started that process. :/ It's really hard, though. I haven't tried the whole 'no milk' thing since milk is my savior. I love it.

But anyway, I'm 99.9% positive that girl would say yes either way. You seem like an amazing guy, so.

Hahahaha that happened to me two weeks ago. And I was calling my self 'two-faced' when I looked in the mirror. Which remined me of the Batman movie. LOL. I loved Heath Ledger. ....

My forehead was so clear a few days ago! Then these 3 small pimples popped up, and...I popped them D: ..With cutips though! (probaly makes no difference.)

I can't wait until my next 'clear' week :(

Ahhh, I just started that process. :/ It's really hard, though. I haven't tried the whole 'no milk' thing since milk is my savior. I love it.

But anyway, I'm 99.9% positive that girl would say yes either way. You seem like an amazing guy, so.

Hahahaha that happened to me two weeks ago. And I was calling my self 'two-faced' when I looked in the mirror. Which remined me of the Batman movie. LOL. I loved Heath Ledger. ....

My forehead was so clear a few days ago! Then these 3 small pimples popped up, and...I popped them D: ..With cutips though! (probaly makes no difference.)

I can't wait until my next 'clear' week :(

Heheh well I'll tell ya changing the diet works wonders (if you can stay consistent...i'd probably be clear right now if I stayed consistent, when I am it clears up like magic its almost unbelievable).

Its good to have a sense of humor about the thing though, if we kicked ourselves down everytime we were down well...we'd just get more down haha.

Thanks for the compliment, I would hope this girl doesn't care about my face and I'm sure if she didn't then a few new ones or a little bit more red ones or whatever wouldn't bother her but eh I guess its kinda myself making me think like this. Oh well lol we'll see.

If you are getting more cystic acne then you should definitely go and see a doctor. I used to have cystic acne and when I went to see a doctor he said the only treatment that could have any effect on this acne is accutane. It made my lips really dry but apart from that nothing.

i think pork may contribute to cysts. after i got my first cyst like back in october it was kinda gone by november except you could feel it in a way underneath but not active and one day i ate pork and the next it was like it flared up . maybe pork is what caused your cyst since you said thats what you said you ate on thanksgiving? i dont know haha