Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adorsey27

This burns so bad.....

Hey all,

Well this is what I used and right after I got finished my face was red as fire and burned soooo bad I had to wash everything off and just apply lotion.

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Neutrogena On the Spot 2.5% BP

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

I put the BP on my entire face and it set me on fire but I put the lotion on thinking it would cool it down but it did not. After 30 mins of my face on fire I washed everything off and only applied the BP to the pimples I have now which are 3 small ones, all right beside each other. I let all that dry and put lotion on and it seems okay but is still red as can be.

Any advice?

This is my first time using BP on my entire face, I usually use Tretinion Gel only on active pimples and zits.

If this is the first time you're putting BP on your face, you should start off with a small amount. Dan has videos/pictures somewhere on the website showing the right amounts of BP to use on your face.

I also find that it's much better if I wait 15-20 minutes for the BP to dry before putting any moisturizer over it.

Good luck!

By the way, if you're using BP, don't use any other medicated treatment (salicylic acid, etc.) because that just adds to the irritation.

I used what he showed in the picture and it set me on fire. I also waited a while before putting the moisturizer on. Maybe I shouldn't use BP. This is what I currently use and my doctor gave it to me:

1 500MG Ampicillin

Wash face with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser morning and night

At night I use Tretinoin for on the spot treatment

I also have Clindamycin in a little rub bottle so its liquid form and I rub that on the zits and pimples as well

What do you think?

I used what he showed in the picture and it set me on fire. I also waited a while before putting the moisturizer on. Maybe I shouldn't use BP. This is what I currently use and my doctor gave it to me:

1 500MG Ampicillin

Wash face with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser morning and night

At night I use Tretinoin for on the spot treatment

I also have Clindamycin in a little rub bottle so its liquid form and I rub that on the zits and pimples as well

What do you think?

Well, like minty said, since this is your first time using Benzoyl Peroxide on your face you should use a very small amount to cover your face, maybe a half pump. Also, make sure you're not mixing in these products your doctor gave you because that would definitely irritate the hell out of your skin. If the burning doesn't subside after an hour or so you might to consult your doctor and see if you're allergic to the BP. Best of luck.

Another suggestion, maybe try Dan's BP? It could be the cream BP you're skin is not agreeing with.