Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beautifuldoll

Makeup and Accutane

Hi.

For people that have done the accutane, more specifically for girls, were you told by the doctor that you would have to stop wearing foundation?

I'm thinking about accutane and if you have to stop wearing foundation, I have no idea how i'm ever going to manage to step out the door :shock:

you can wear alllll the makeup you want. it just gets difficult going from OILY skin to DRY skin. so ive been experimenting with different foundations... but you can wear makeup no problem

i even feel better about putting on makeup now. like before i started accutane, i was like, oh great...more makeup=more pimples. now its like, load on the makeup! accutane is doing its job. haha

hmm i wear tons of make up and i've been fine :) I wouldn't worry too much. The only thing that is tough is putting foundation on dry skin but get a good moisturizer and you'll be fine

I thought that if I didn't wear make-up it'd let my face "breath" but then when I bragged to my derm how good I've been he kinda laughed and said it is not going to make a difference as long as my make-up is good and oily.

I think makeup and moisturizer has to be oil free - at least that is what I think my dermatologist told me. Anyone know for sure?

as long as my make-up is good and oily.

Uhhhh...it should absolutely be oil free...always! It can be moisturizing, but not oily.