Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I am Snow

I would like to see how many of you...

...have had success with doing nothing.

I have not used anything on my face for a while now and the results are wonderful. I do not even wash my face with water. I do shower, but the water that touches my face, I just let run off.

I believe I was irritating my skin more than anything by using all these products. Now, when I step out of the shower, my skin is not tight, I do not flake, it has been an REAL instant cure for me. I have stopped worrying about acne and stopped all of it. It has been a very freeing experience for me.

I have not been on lately because I have defeated my acne, but I think I should stick around and still offer advice from time to time to give back to this place. This forum is a wonderful place where anyone can come to get all the advice they would ever need for acne. I do not think doing nothing will help everyone, mostly just people who really should not be having acne (over 20, does not run in the family).

I am not over 20 (coming up on 19), but acne does not run in my family at all. Had I never been on these forums, I do not think I would have learned so much about my body, mind, and acne. I would never have actually thought doing nothing would help me either.

This is my acne story and, if you can relate to this, I urge you to quit trying to fight your skin:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Mind-Acne...60#entry2457160

It seems that most people that have success with this disappear from the forums, so I would like to start a list of people who have had success with this.

-SnoW

I tried it for about 3 weeks and even though I had less breakouts, they got worse in places that I really did not have acne. I wear makeup so I have to cleanse. I do find that the less scrubbing I do, the better my skin is, so I don't scrub anymore. I found that it actually introduced bacteria into my skin. So microfiber cloth, basic cleanser and the taz will keep me clear. I'm older, so I need wrinkle control too. It sucks..acne and lines..ugh.

I'm glad you have found success with using nothing. Keep an eye out for clogged pores. That can happen after not cleansing. But really if you think about it, most younger kids (I say under 12-13 ) don't really wash their faces very much and don't have acne. My son is 10 and if you put a cleanser near him in runs in revolt (LOL). So maybe there is something to it. At your age, maybe your hormones are calming down and the stress of not keeping up with products is making you more relaxed and less prone to breakouts.

Just remember acne is not a one-size fits all kind of ailment. We all have different triggers and have other things that make it worse or better. You may be just growing out of teenage acne and will be lucky enough not to have it follow you as an adult. I did not get acne until I was an adult, so I don't have the same experience.

Yeah. I do not think anyone with cystic or severe acne will benefit from this. I guess its the difference between acne (the disease) and pimples (ailment).

I think if you do not have cystic or very severe acne, you should at least try the doing nothing.

well, i can't stop washing my face because i wear powder... but i've stopped washing my face with soap in the morning, only at night to remove makeup before i sleep. my skin looks a lot better now that i'm not stripping the protective layer of oils from my skin all the time.

when i shower in the morning i steam my face and apply lavender or tea trea oils in the shower. i lightly rub them off before i get out, and it feels so refreshing.

in the evenings i wash with ultra gentle cleanser and then do the same thing with the oils.

my complexion has gotten so bright!

HEY PPL PLZ HELP ME OUT!!!! I have a veryyy mild acne ...my skin is just oily and i have a few tiny spots at times on da areas near my nose on both sides.....the prob is the oily skin...so i took roaccutane the first time for 2.5 months some years bak and it cleared my skin like perfect in weeks and i contined on a 20mg perdday.(I FORCED MY DOC TO PRESCRIBE IT)..experienced hair loss and dry lips and skin were easilly dealt wid ..now in dese years i had a good skin but oily to some extent..i got a few spots due to face threading which actually wasnt required but i always want things to be perfect so that gave me spots prolly cuz of contact dermititis!and i felt like i shd go on a 2.5 month course again and i am but wid no prescription! NOW THE QUESTION IS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im a medical student and i have my finals after 20 days ...am already done wid a month (20mg per day)I started loosin some hair days bak and i have a feelin of tiredness!now im not sure if this is due to studyin all day long or da drugg????MUM TELLS ME TO STOP>..my exams wud be from 15dec till mid jan! MY skin now only and only has pores on the cheek area visible from a very close distance else its a normal skin!!!SHD I STOP ??? OR NO? DOES THE TIREDNESS HAS SUMFIN TO DO WID ROACC?DOES IT EFFECT UR MEMORY!!! BTW MED EXAMS ARE TUFF CUZ U NEED TO STAY AWAKE DURIN THE PAPERS!

HEY PPL PLZ HELP ME OUT!!!! I have a veryyy mild acne ...my skin is just oily and i have a few tiny spots at times on da areas near my nose on both sides.....the prob is the oily skin...so i took roaccutane the first time for 2.5 months some years bak and it cleared my skin like perfect in weeks and i contined on a 20mg perdday.(I FORCED MY DOC TO PRESCRIBE IT)..experienced hair loss and dry lips and skin were easilly dealt wid ..now in dese years i had a good skin but oily to some extent..i got a few spots due to face threading which actually wasnt required but i always want things to be perfect so that gave me spots prolly cuz of contact dermititis!and i felt like i shd go on a 2.5 month course again and i am but wid no prescription! NOW THE QUESTION IS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im a medical student and i have my finals after 20 days ...am already done wid a month (20mg per day)I started loosin some hair days bak and i have a feelin of tiredness!now im not sure if this is due to studyin all day long or da drugg????MUM TELLS ME TO STOP>..my exams wud be from 15dec till mid jan! MY skin now only and only has pores on the cheek area visible from a very close distance else its a normal skin!!!SHD I STOP ??? OR NO? DOES THE TIREDNESS HAS SUMFIN TO DO WID ROACC?DOES IT EFFECT UR MEMORY!!! BTW MED EXAMS ARE TUFF CUZ U NEED TO STAY AWAKE DURIN THE PAPERS!

Uh...You are a med student?

jeez...

Take some time, revise that post and then I will answer you.

---------------------------

I suppose this method should be geared more towards people who do not wear make up.

Basically the idea here is to apply NOTHING to the face. So really this is more geared towards males only.

I think I'll give this a go once I get pretty much clear from the regimen as I think that is actually working for me yet I don't want to be on it for the rest of my life.

I did notice that when I started getting more spots I soon took to washing my face more and more often, around 4 times a day. It got worse and I took to washing my face more which is a bad cycle to get in to. I'm glad I found out about this site and that the real cause of acne has very little to do with "dirt and impurities" as the adverts would have you believe.

I think I'll give this a go once I get pretty much clear from the regimen as I think that is actually working for me yet I don't want to be on it for the rest of my life.

I did notice that when I started getting more spots I soon took to washing my face more and more often, around 4 times a day. It got worse and I took to washing my face more which is a bad cycle to get in to. I'm glad I found out about this site and that the real cause of acne has very little to do with "dirt and impurities" as the adverts would have you believe.

Yeah. Acne is more of an internal thing. The problem is acne products are a huge market that many people do not want to go away.

yeah :) By doing nothing (wish means not picking my face, that was difficult) & washing my face & being super hygienic I just got rid of my acne & then I just bought an acne mark fading peel froom neutrogena & that's how I'm getting rid of those ugly scars that my past acne left, thanks God it was very light ;)