Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Franklins Tower

Where to Find Surgeon for Scar Revisions?

How would I go about finding a great surgeon that performs scar revisions? Ideally I would want someone who would use mesenchymal stem cells (isolated from adipose tissue) and ECM scaffolds to direct regeneration.

I live in AZ and I haven't found any surgeon willing to preform excision at all. I have searched and the closet doctors to me are in CA. Dr. Berman in San Fran. and a Dr. Hilinski in San Diego I have posted their names on this site to see if anyone here has been treated by them and I havent so . The surgeons here only want to use lasers and I know that won't help with my ice pick scars so I'm going to have to travel if I want to get the care I need.

How would I go about finding a great surgeon that performs scar revisions? Ideally I would want someone who would use mesenchymal stem cells (isolated from adipose tissue) and ECM scaffolds to direct regeneration.

some people here have had success (not me though) with e-mailing plastic surgeons with questions such as yours. Unfortunately, in my case, here in Chicago the PS want an in person consultation(for the $$$) and to push lasers. Its very frustrating. But you may have luck trying via e-mail..

..as for finding a "great' surgeon..they will all tell you they can do "whatever" the best. It all depends if they feel like trying that day or not..they know they will still get paid whether they do a crappy job or a good one....seriously, its a crap shoot. I'm sorry I'm coming across as negative. Ive been to many arrogant PS's who wont excise. Im desperate to find one nearby who isn't in it for the buck and is actually willing to help..im having no luck.

some people here have had success (not me though) with e-mailing plastic surgeons with questions such as yours. Unfortunately, in my case, here in Chicago the PS want an in person consultation(for the $$$) and to push lasers. Its very frustrating. But you may have luck trying via e-mail..

..as for finding a "great' surgeon..they will all tell you they can do "whatever" the best. It all depends if they feel like trying that day or not..they know they will still get paid whether they do a crappy job or a good one....seriously, its a crap shoot. I'm sorry I'm coming across as negative. Ive been to many arrogant PS's who wont excise. Im desperate to find one nearby who isn't in it for the buck and is actually willing to help..im having no luck.

You said it- it's all a crap shoot. Its like playing a game with your face- it mght work, it might not- but the doctor still gets his money. I found that most cosmetic surgeons will do excision- but you have to be very direct and persistent because they will insist that the holy laser machine is the answer. I'm on day 11 after my excisions and the jury is still out on whether or not I just wasted another $1000.00. Everytime I get something done, its like the story of the emporer's new clothes-- the doc and techs swear there is an improvement and I'm looking at before & afters wondering what the hell they are seeing that I'm not.

I posted a similar thread. Amazing that you couldn't find a single surgeon in AZ who wouldn't perform excision. I'm in LA and also looking to get my scars excised. I spent 5,000 on lasers! Do you just call the clinic/surgeon and ask if they perform excision? What's the deal?

Hey Snooze I think they best way to find a doctor would be to do a little research on the web. I just called every doctor that I found and asked alot of questions and you can find out pretty quickly who is willing to help and who is in it for the money. The two doctors I mentioned earlier have been really helpful and they perform ALL forms of scar treatments which makes me feel that I'll get what is best for me not just a blanket treatment that is used for everyone. Also this site has helped me a great deal, so many people have been kind enough to share their treatment stories. I have learned so much.