Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PinkElephants

Please help, peroxide burns!

I have been on accutane over 2 months, and had some really stubborn spots. I put a tiny bit of benzoyl peroxide over the area, and it was fine for 2 days. Now I have horrible redness over the area and it hurts so bad. I really need the redness to go away, anything I can do that won't make me break out again?

oooh i know EXACTLY what you are talkin about! i did the same thing to make sure the infection was gone. my post acne marks turned into eczema! so the skin was really red, dry, and rough. so that might be what happened to your skin. I acutally have been using this cream called Vanicream on my face at night which is for eczema and has almost completely healed in the past 2-3 days. You can get it at most drug stores and its like $7 for tube. it hasnt caused any breakouts.... you can also use a tiny bit of antibiotic ointment if you cant find that cream anywhere. that hasnt made me break out either. good luck!

oooh i know EXACTLY what you are talkin about! i did the same thing to make sure the infection was gone. my post acne marks turned into eczema! so the skin was really red, dry, and rough. so that might be what happened to your skin. I acutally have been using this cream called Vanicream on my face at night which is for eczema and has almost completely healed in the past 2-3 days. You can get it at most drug stores and its like $7 for tube. it hasnt caused any breakouts.... you can also use a tiny bit of antibiotic ointment if you cant find that cream anywhere. that hasnt made me break out either. good luck!

Thanks a bunch, i wasn't able to get out to the drugstore yet, but I had some antibiotic cream. That seemed to have calmed it down a bit until I get the cream your recommended.

Thanks!

and if you are looking for a good lip treatment... try Nivea Kiss of Moisture... its the one in the dark blue tube. i havent had dry lips AT ALL since ive been using it! i seriously have like 7 of them lol