Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do any of you feel as if you're only purpose in life is to die? I wake up every morning and hate, and then I go about my day as any other human being, but with a catch---I hate myself. Then I put my head down at night hating, only to wake up the next morning with the same impressions. I'm trapped in a nightmare that's stuck on repeat. All of it---everything---is shit. It's just absolute shit and pointlessness. Nothing has any meaning or any worth except the thought of dying.

There's no real discourse in this post for there aren't any words that could possibly spur my outlook on life. It's just liberating posting how much I truly hate myself because I do----ohhh I do. But, there is one positive and slightly vexing idea that I can procure from all of this shit: death is okay. It's okay and very fucking welcomed.

Hey man, I too have come to the conclusion that we are all in life to die anyways. However, death is not welcomed by me. I think that, as you say, everything is ultimately pointless, who fuckin cares if I discover a great scientific discover or live as a bum on the streets? We all die and we all become fertilizer for the earth so, does it matter? No.

This discovery led me to say that, as a human being, who can feel all the wonderful feelings in the world, the only purpose in living is to live as happy as possible, because what better way to arrive at death than a live overflowing with happiness? Thats all anybody wants to do anyways is live happy. I'm not talking about 'oh I got a new car im so happy' I'm talking about TRUE non-materialistic happiness. a PURE essence, a pure sense of euphoric feelings that can only be achieved non materialistically. You know how sometimes you get (or used to get) those absolutely profound senses of happiness? Where you might just be walking and something all of a sudden sets you off for maybe if you're lucky 60 full seconds and you are just so happy that you can't even describe it? Imagine that, except eternally. That is the goal of human beings who live. The sad thing is, nobody ever lives it because we are so wrapped up in society that it is almost impossible.

Uh, actually the point of life is to reproduce and then its okay to die. But of course, sexual selection takes its toll and those who end up not wanting to live probably won't get a chance to reproduce and thus putting an end to that miserable bloodline.

Uh, actually the point of life is to reproduce and then its okay to die. But of course, sexual selection takes its toll and those who end up not wanting to live probably won't get a chance to reproduce and thus putting an end to that miserable bloodline.

As a species we want to reproduce yes but as an individual, as a human being our purpose to ourselves, the livication to oneself is to be happy.

You shouldn't completely hate yourself - because it's amazing how you can make the idea/sentence/thought: "I hate myself." and extend it beautifully into a fuller idea, and a fuller paragraph of inspiring words.

Your writing is inspiring.

Ever since the first post I read that you had written, I thought it was utterly inspiring. Everytime I read something you post I just want to write a poem or something.

you know ive thought about that quite often too maybe too often.. however i dont accept death yet but its weird how i think im goin to die young or something idk why.. you shouldnt welcome death without thinkin about the things you havnt done yet..thats what i think.. there soo many things i wanan do and see in the world that i dont want death right now or am i waiting for it...its jus something to consider.

yea thats usually how atheists feel since they dont have any purpose in life

I think that's a ridiculous generalization.

To the OP - Everyone has their own unique impression of what their 'purpose' is in life. For most of us, the best we can do is be happy and make those around us happy, in turn.

I appreciate the majority of the empathy prescribed here...thank you very much.

No death is not ok and shouldn't be welcomed.

Though yes, we all feel like this sometimes not just people with acnee. It could be millionaires, people that seem to have it all...everyone feel like this sometimes. Even if you don't believe in god you have to ask yourself, if it is even 1% true and I do "end it all" would burning forever really be better than what i'm going through right now? And another question you should also ask yourself I guess is why do you really hate yourself? Is it your acnee? the people around you? where you live? what? if you can answer that maybe you can also find the strenght to say you know what, one day it will be ok. Maybe I shouldn't focus on who I am right but who I will be, and work on it. Don't give up. :( when we compare ourselves to people that seem to have it all that's when the problems begin. We don't know what they're really feeling, what their lives are really like when they close their doors at the end of the day. Focus on making yourself a better person. There's only one of you. :(

Yea, I'm sure many athiests are committing suicide right now because they don't believe in some jewish zombie that walks on water. I hope you die slowly and painfully.

Ive felt that ALOT of times.

and after multiple attempts of suicide, I will say this, the attempts never worked because it wasnt my time to go.

I didnt need a therapist or depression medicine to realize that.

wait it out, itll all pass.

things must always get worse before they can get better.

As a species we want to reproduce yes but as an individual, as a human being our purpose to ourselves, the livication to oneself is to be happy.

But there is a relation between reproduction and happiness. Our minds are still based upon our more primitive goals and it's been proven one is much happier if they are sexually successful. Of course there are exceptions, but have you noticed one is much happier with a partner than the guy sitting in the corner alone moping about how hopeless his life his? Ever heard of a sexless marriage? Most of the time they are full of arguments and fights. Yes, there are exceptions though don't get me wrong. But, generally speaking one's goal is to have a partner in life.

Do any of you feel as if you're only purpose in life is to die? I wake up every morning and hate, and then I go about my day as any other human being, but with a catch---I hate myself. Then I put my head down at night hating, only to wake up the next morning with the same impressions. I'm trapped in a nightmare that's stuck on repeat. All of it---everything---is shit. It's just absolute shit and pointlessness. Nothing has any meaning or any worth except the thought of dying.

There's no real discourse in this post for there aren't any words that could possibly spur my outlook on life. It's just liberating posting how much I truly hate myself because I do----ohhh I do. But, there is one positive and slightly vexing idea that I can procure from all of this shit: death is okay. It's okay and very fucking welcomed.

yes, exactly my thoughts, I believe something horrible was done in my previous life, and this is my punishment.. I have accepted it, and moved on. I believe there are just things you cannot have, and its for other people. The thing that keeps me going is I deserve this somehow, and my next life I will be better. This is just purgatory.

I dont have thoughts of killing myself, I just want years the passby until I am finished with this prison sentence. :) I have tried to cope with it, I mean there are burn victims out there that I have seen, im sure they all feel the way we are feeling..... we just have to accept it and move on.

Yea, I'm sure many athiests are committing suicide right now because they don't believe in some jewish zombie that walks on water. I hope you die slowly and painfully.

insult all you want goochgobbler but fact is research shows religious individuals have far lower suicide rates and far lower depression rates than atheists

insult all you want goochgobbler but fact is research shows religious individuals have far lower suicide rates and far lower depression rates than atheists

when did religion get into all this?

Why shouldn't death be okay and welcomed? It is a part of life after all, but to go to the extent that everything you do is pointless is a bit ridiculous, no? Just because death happens and is inevitable doesn't mean you have to live everyday thinking about it. It's only one thing of a thousand other things people will experience before they die. Whether you're not religious or you are, regardless, why not just give a little thought into what you might want to do with your life before being buried in the ground? What exactly is the point in self-loathing until you're dead and gone?

Been there, assumed i'd never get out of that place, even willed myself to stay in that state of mind for some time. Then things turned around, as they likely can for you.

Small steps, whole situations are overwhelming. There is nothing to be gained from self pity, it simply feeds the depression and de-motivating nature of suffering from something like acne.

I think you need to find a positive outlet. Achieve whilst recuperating.

I know, right? And religious people are absolutely never, ever, EVER prone to feelings of depression.

Now go pat yourself on the back for being a wonderful, understanding, open-minded individual.

Okay yeah...you're right. There is no meaning to life unless you decide to give it one.

Severe depression? Truth is, when people tell you it's temporary...it is.

However, you're not going to get anywhere by sitting around and moping about it. You have to WANT to feel better. It's all in your mind. If you can correct your negative thinking patterns, you'll be just fine.

Being happy is hard work, but totally possible.

That aside, I don't think you need acne.org. I think you need to find yourself a good doctor or therapist if you can't handle it on your own.

oh and just because I feel like adding my two sense:

"An atheist is someone with no invisible means of support"

I must confess that I did not read all the responses. However, I believe that the purpose of life is to GIVE life a purpose.

At one point I was in the same situation as you were. I understand that there is no talking you out of hopelessness; once you've lost hope, it is so hard to gain it back and trust that it will stay.

But, you still care. I think that if you truly wanted to kill yourself and were 100% apathetic about death, you wouldn't be here asking for one last piece of something that could turn your perspective around. That in itself should show you there IS still something left for you.

I know, right? And religious people are absolutely never, ever, EVER prone to feelings of depression.

Now go pat yourself on the back for being a wonderful, understanding, open-minded individual.

they are its just that they can usually overcome them because god gives them the strength to fight through it. hence the lower suicide rates.

religion drives people crazy and insane.

I stay away from those people. But hey whatever keeps you going believe in something imaginary if it makes you feel good, just dont try to convert me because its all bull shit :)