Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well first of all, i think you're really pretty.

and second, yes, you are good at makeup.

and third, i've definitely considered this foundation after reading this post. i've heard about it before, but never really thought about it, but since you said such great things i think i'll try it out.

but i was wondering, and i'm sorry if you already answered it in these 5 pages, but how do you apply it? because i have the MAC 187 brush that i use to apply liquid foundations, do you think that would be okay? and another question...do you use any sort of power/setting powder on top?

thanks so much.

:)

well first of all, i think you're really pretty.

and second, yes, you are good at makeup.

and third, i've definitely considered this foundation after reading this post. i've heard about it before, but never really thought about it, but since you said such great things i think i'll try it out.

but i was wondering, and i'm sorry if you already answered it in these 5 pages, but how do you apply it? because i have the MAC 187 brush that i use to apply liquid foundations, do you think that would be okay? and another question...do you use any sort of power/setting powder on top?

thanks so much.

:)

haha i dont blame you for not wanting to read through all those pages! i just use the este lauder foundation brush... but any brand of foundation brush will work. you CAN use your fingers, but i think the brush gives a more even coverage. for a setting powder i use Bare Minerals mineral veil... that one is my absolute favorite. and i use the bare minerals foundation on a small concealer brush to cover any difficult red spots that that still show through. good luck! i hope you like it! you can always go to the makeup counter and get a free sample to try it out

.... see this thread has made me wonder how many girls out there I would assume are blessed with perfect skin, are doing the same thing as you. ;p

Seriously thats both hilarious and ridiculously impressive at the same time. Good job..

I am sooooo switching to this foundation....I thought I was good at make-up but I have to say..you're just GREAT....thanks for sharing with us...

WOOHOOOO this foundations is the best you guys. I have it and its like a miracle worker LOL :dance:

haha im glad you like it too!! i had a small break out this week... and mineral makeup just doesnt cover as well as Double Wear!

WOOHOOOO this foundations is the best you guys. I have it and its like a miracle worker LOL :dance:

Hey girly you did a fabulous job:) I have been using this stuff for about a year now. At first I didnt wear makeup at all bc I had acne everywhere on my cheeks ugh sux. I tried everything proactivv,clinique,differin, etc. Even went to dermatologist. Nothing nothing worked. I reliased I have sensitive skin and those harsh products can effect my skin alot. So I finally tried Aveeno Clear Complexion products. OMG in like 3 months using it my face is not as blotchy, red, or acnefied at all. Like no pimples just acne scars on my cheeks:( (I tend to pick when I'm nervous) Aveeno helped soothe my redness, blotchiness, and acne alot. Plus it helped even out my skin tone. So now my only problem are my scars though that will take some time. Other than I'm so happy with this product and the foundation. Bc key to good foundation is the bare canvas itself. The face LOL You have to allow ur face to heal first then makeup IMO. OMG rambled alot sorry :wub: But ya just my two cents:)

Hi Adrienne,

First congrats are in order on your 13 week accutane progress. You look great in the no make up pics!

I've been on Spironolactone for 45 days and am 98% clear!! Thanks to your recommendation I went out to Macy's and got some EL Double Wear to help me through the tough times.

I still have a lot of redness from past breakouts so I continue to wear it because I really do love the coverage it goes on perfectly and stays on and in place.

My one question is what kind of wash do you use to remove it at night? I know you mentioned an exfoliant type scrub but can you tell us which brand? Sorry if you posted that already and I missed it in the archives.

I wash my make up off with cetaphil at night and then run gycolic pads over my clean skin and I can still see the foundation on the pads after a couple swipes. The stuff really gets in deep to your pores. Which is suprising that it doesn't break you out. I've had no breakouts since using it. My skin has only gotten better.

Soon as my red marks fade more I will plan to switch to the EL light.

Thanks again for all the great make up advice.

Your makeup skills are amazing, but I just have to say you look soooo pretty without it! Congrats on the accutane working! That's so nice to see it work

That's very impressive, you look great. :) Now you've got me thinking about that foundation for myself, lol. I don't have bad acne, I just have some redness that gets to me some days. :P

I am looking for the right make-up....I have been using Revlon Colorstay for many years. Unfortunately, I am too embarrassed about my skin to not use make-up. Does anyone know the best make-up to use to avoid break-outs? I am so frustrated with my skin. I tried Bare Minerals for a couple of weeks. I loved the way it looked, but it burned so badly at times (especially when I was hot.) If anyone could give me some advice, I would soooo appreciate it.

Well my acne has it's days..

but to keep it moderately under control I use DermaBlend corrective foundation for touch ups ( for over dark spots ) I let it sit for a minute and then I use Natural FX water Based foundation with SPF 15. I perfer liquid over presspowder because it goes on easier plus it has sunscreen in it. All over a good moisturizer ( because my skin gets overly dry). You could give it a try, it doesn't burn from my experience and it's light to wear. :)

greeneyes44... i use Clean and Clear face scrub to get it off. anything with exfoliating beads works really well... Cetaphil definitely doesnt take it off completely. the only thing i dont like about it, is that it is hard to take off!! it never caused any breakouts though. glad you like it!!

and thanks for the support everyone!

Thanks YoAdrienne, I will pick some up next time I'm at CVS!

Totally agree - the only downside is that it doesn't come off as easy as other foundations seem to.

accutane is supposed to be really really bad for your skin!! apparently it makes your skin like peel off and get all raw, and give birth defects? thats what my doctor said. your brave for trying it. and nice cover up job by the way. i wish i could do that AND keep it lookin good all day lol.

accutane is supposed to be really really bad for your skin!! apparently it makes your skin like peel off and get all raw, and give birth defects? thats what my doctor said. your brave for trying it. and nice cover up job by the way. i wish i could do that AND keep it lookin good all day lol.

accutane only causes birth defects if you get pregnany WHILE on accutane (and 1 month after) and i dont plan on having kids for quite a while. there are a lot of side effects with accutane... but im REALLY happy with my decision to take it. my skin is now 100% clear and i couldnt be happier! i dont even have to use this makeup anymore. the pics i posted originally were from the initial break out on accutane... but mine was abnormally bad. my only regret is that i didnt go on accutane sooner. it's saved my skin and my self esteem

accutane only causes birth defects if you get pregnany WHILE on accutane (and 1 month after) and i dont plan on having kids for quite a while. there are a lot of side effects with accutane... but im REALLY happy with my decision to take it. my skin is now 100% clear and i couldnt be happier! i dont even have to use this makeup anymore. the pics i posted originally were from the initial break out on accutane... but mine was abnormally bad. my only regret is that i didnt go on accutane sooner. it's saved my skin and my self esteem

I agree with you. I used Accutane 2 years ago, and for the past year I've been enjoying clear skin. It's also the one thing that cleared up acne on my back. I wish I took it in high school, it would've saved me from so many years of anguish.

Holy! I wish I could cover mine that well, your skin looks perfect! Not to mention you can't tell your wearing that much cover up at all

ive had acne for 10+ years and im on week 11 of accutane... and my skin is worse than ever!!! but hey... ive gotten really good at covering my acne with makeup! ive attached 2 before and 2 after pics. i have not edited these on my computer at all... i swear. and all 4 pics are REALLY me... taken before makeup... and after. haha lemme know if you want some tips

Yo Adrienne, Your so Pretty!! what kind of eye makeup do you use?

:D

ive had acne for 10+ years and im on week 11 of accutane... and my skin is worse than ever!!! but hey... ive gotten really good at covering my acne with makeup! ive attached 2 before and 2 after pics. i have not edited these on my computer at all... i swear. and all 4 pics are REALLY me... taken before makeup... and after. haha lemme know if you want some tips

Yo Adrienne, Your so Pretty!! what kind of eye makeup do you use?

:D

aw thank you!! i definiely feel a lot prettier now that my skin is clear. i use various eye shadows, mostly stuff from sephora. in that pic, i used a copper/gold on the lids and a shimmery blue in the crease. and i use liquid eyeliner on the top, then lancome waterproof eyeliner on my bottom rims, and Maybellene Lash Stylist mascara (i love the comb!)

YoAdrienne, I have another question...

(and I mean no offense by this whatsoever! :))

I have pretty intense red marks, and when I put on makeup, they're still noticeable and my makeup often looks pretty caked on and what not...

but when I take a picture with my makeup on, my skin looks near flawless, like yours...

So I was wondering, in "reality", does your skin look just as flawless? Or is the camera working some of its magic as well?

Again, I mean no offense by this - you seem to have great skills.

I would like to invest in the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, but I want to be sure before I do! ;)

YoAdrienne, I have another question...

(and I mean no offense by this whatsoever! :))

I have pretty intense red marks, and when I put on makeup, they're still noticeable and my makeup often looks pretty caked on and what not...

but when I take a picture with my makeup on, my skin looks near flawless, like yours...

So I was wondering, in "reality", does your skin look just as flawless? Or is the camera working some of its magic as well?

Again, I mean no offense by this - you seem to have great skills.

I would like to invest in the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, but I want to be sure before I do! ;)

I know what you mean about the camera thing! i mean, my skin obviously couldnt look 100% flawless but Este Lauder Double Wear definitely cover better than anything ive ever tried! and it stayed on alllll day... so my skin looked pretty damn good with this makeup on. my derm even argued with me that i didnt have acne! but i think the makeup looks just as good in person as it does in pictures

fantastic! Thank you so much for the thread and being brave enough to post the pics! Congrats on the clear skin.. u da bomb! : )