Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ive had acne for 10+ years and im on week 11 of accutane... and my skin is worse than ever!!! but hey... ive gotten really good at covering my acne with makeup! ive attached 2 before and 2 after pics. i have not edited these on my computer at all... i swear. and all 4 pics are REALLY me... taken before makeup... and after. haha lemme know if you want some tips

*4/8/09*I just wanted to update this post since it seems to be popular. I finished accutane about 2 months ago and i am 100% clear and my skin looks amazing!! but i still recommend Este Lauder Double Wear foundation for anyone who has SUPER oily skin or a really bad breakout that they cant cover. That stuff seriously saved me when my skin was at its worst.

good luck everyone!! i hope you find something to clear your skin!!

post-86407-1228029560_thumb.jpg

post-86407-1228029565_thumb.jpg

post-86407-1228029570_thumb.jpg

post-86407-1228029573_thumb.jpg

post-86407-1228029560_thumb.jpg

post-86407-1228029565_thumb.jpg

post-86407-1228029570_thumb.jpg

post-86407-1228029573_thumb.jpg

1. Esta Lauder Double Wear foundation (with a foundation brush),

2. Bare Escentuals mineral veil (large powder brush)

3. Bare Escentuals mineral foundation in the hard to cover spots (with a small concealer brush)

4. Clinique blush on my cheeks

the makeup is kind of expensive... but SOOOO worth it!! especially the Este Lauder foundation! great investment! i would say that would be the #1 thing to buy

haha thanks for the compliment!! i just wish i was pretty WITHOUT makeup. hopefully the accutane will start to work soon and my skin will look good on its own. until then... gotta keep wearing loads of makeup

I'm so envious of this! I'm a boy and have to just face the world with whatever's on my face!

Maybe I should become a tranny until my skin clears?

You look great girl. You remind me of that English model that was a bit overweight but has lost all the weight now, can't remember her name.

I'm so envious of this! I'm a boy and have to just face the world with whatever's on my face!

Maybe I should become a tranny until my skin clears?

It looks good....but I have to be honest. You shouldn't wear so much eye makeup! You've got big blue eyes, I think they'd stand out more with less eyeliner, or just eyeliner on the top. Don't cover your natural beauty.

suzy_rondelle haha i like wearing a lot of eye makeup. especially when im going out at night. i know i have big blue eyes... so i CAN get away with dark eye liner. plus it distracts from my skin flaws... thats a huge part of it. my skin is slowly getting better so i would LOVE to not wear makeup everyday... trust me! but for now... i like my eye makeup thanks

i hate when people say dont wear so much eye makeup . i think you should wear it how ever you want as long as your comfortable with it. btw, you look really prettY :)

i love your make up, you do a beautiful job at everywhere, i need a good foundation that will cover my acne and tons of scars that WON'T break me out even more. it's este lauder u said?

dude, i thought i was good with makeup, but you definitely take the cake. p.s. i think u should get bangs. they are all the rage these days. and i think they would compliment you nicely

haha i didnt post these pics for everyone to critique my hair and eye make up... i posted it to show everyone that makeup can definitely hide acne and to tell everyone what works for me! im sure everyone will have a different opinion on my appearance... and thats fine... please dont pick me apart!! it took a lot of guts for me to post those pics of my skin!!

tired princess... yeah it is este lauder double wear. it wont break you out. i love it

NJcollegegirl... i used to have bangs and i hated them... i actually have "side bangs" right now... my hair wasnt completely styled in that pic

to the others... thanks for the compliments haha i could use some kind words

haha i didnt post these pics for everyone to critique my hair and eye make up... i posted it to show everyone that makeup can definitely hide acne and to tell everyone what works for me! im sure everyone will have a different opinion on my appearance... and thats fine... please dont pick me apart!! it took a lot of guts for me to post those pics of my skin!!

tired princess... yeah it is este lauder double wear. it wont break you out. i love it

NJcollegegirl... i used to have bangs and i hated them... i actually have "side bangs" right now... my hair wasnt completely styled in that pic

to the others... thanks for the compliments haha i could use some kind words

looks like i'll def have to give that make up a try, cus no matter how hard i try u can still see bumps and scars on my face ;( i wish i had u everyday to do my make up! lol. best of luck on accutane! the first month my eyelashes all kept falling out as well, but it eventually stopped. i gave up after 3 months, now i'm back to before. neways, your beautiful hun good luck!

That's amazing! I'm a guy so don't have a clue what your talkin bout when you just say foundation...any chance of a more indepth description of how to use each product. Or better yet a YouTube video?!

My dear! If you have been on Accutane for 11 weeks and your acne is worse than ever - PLEASE get off it right away! Accutane wreaks havoc on your system and can really hurt you physically and emotionally/psychologically. NOT WORTH IT --- especially if it's stopped working!! And promise not to share your makeup with friends, let it get hot, and don't put anything liquid or that doesn't come in a pump bottle onto your skin! You will just spread and flourish the bacteria. You are so good with make-up try using pure mineral based powders to cover up . . .

;-)

tired princess and Giselle23... you guys can get this look! you just have to experiment with different products and brushes. its taken me many years to find the products that i really like

Lucky9- i wont do a youtube video... but i'll definitely give you more details

1. Foundation- it is like concealer for the enire face. you put it on everywhere to cover spots and give you a smooth complexion. It comes in many forms, but liquid is probably the most popular. I use Esta Lauder Double wear.. it comes in a glass bottle and i pour a little bit out and use a foundation brush to put it on. It is almost like painting on your skin.

2. Powder- i use a loose mineral powder (Bare Escental miner veil) over the top of my foundation. this is a colorless powder that "sets" the foundation and makes it look smoother and helps it stay on longer. I use a large powder brush (it is big and kind of fluffy) to dust on the loose powder.

3. Concealer- I use Bare Escentuals mineral foundation (it is a powder) ONLY in the spots that are hard to cover (like a pimple.... or a healing pimple) This seems to stick better to "raw" skin than the liquid founation. I use a very tiny brush so that the makeup ONLY goes on the pimple

4. Blush- It is the pink stuff you put on your cheeks to give you more color

If you are a guy... you might want to try starting with some liquid concealer and work up to other stuff

ZitlessInSeattle... a lot of people's acne gets worse on accutane in the beginning. i had a TON of acne under the skin that you couldnt see... but it has all come to the surface now. thats why it got so bad. its gettin better and better the last few days... so im not going to give up just yet. and trust me... i dont share makeup or anything with ANYONE. i clean my brushes after every use... im VERY clean about it. I know what im doing. and i HATE mineral foundation.... it only made my skin look worse. However, i do use the mineral powder.

My dear! If you have been on Accutane for 11 weeks and your acne is worse than ever - PLEASE get off it right away! Accutane wreaks havoc on your system and can really hurt you physically and emotionally/psychologically. NOT WORTH IT --- especially if it's stopped working!! And promise not to share your makeup with friends, let it get hot, and don't put anything liquid or that doesn't come in a pump bottle onto your skin! You will just spread and flourish the bacteria. You are so good with make-up try using pure mineral based powders to cover up . . .

;-)

That's how accutane works, as an employee the clinic you're promoting in your sig, and under your avatar, and in your username - I would expect you to know that. Odd.

---------------------------------------

Adrienne - you look fan-flippin-tastic! I wish I had your skill - I can never cover up red zits, they always come out purple - you should consider being a makeup artist.

I agree, good makeup work! :) You look great.

I have to say though, I hate liquid foundation anymore...I am all about easy and I love the easness of the mineral powders. Bummer you don't like them, I have to say I don't like a lot of them either but finally found some I really like.