Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kypop

Make up for men?

Hello. I want to make up. but I'm worried that it clogs my pores. Pls, recommend non-comedogenic, non-oily(greasy) make-up products. So, I don't get worse acne.

I'll go to buy it to Ralph's or Walgreens.

anyone?

I'm on emergency. I have to go out with two girls and one boy for window shopping. I need your help.

Guys should not be wearing make up. I use to try to cover zits with make up years ago and if anyone notices it you got to explain yourself and thats so bad.

Guys should not be wearing make up. I use to try to cover zits with make up years ago and if anyone notices it you got to explain yourself and thats so bad.

Why the hell not? If it makes you feel better to wear makeup I say go for it. I'm would not hold it against any guy if he wanted to wear makeup and anyone who does isn't worth your time in my opinion.

Sorry I can't comment on the makeup brands either of those stores carry, but I would recommend some sort of powder mineral makeup (physicians formula & everyday minerals are two good brands). It's quick and easy and feels light on your skin. Shouldn't break you out just stay away from bare minerals some people have problems with it.

If he knows how to put it on without it being seen I guess hes fine. But what would you say if your friends said why are you wearing make up. Its just so hard to explain why unless you just say alright I'm covering up my zits.

I used to use it as welll

Made me feel 100 times better, but make sure you put it on right.

Once this gurl saw some on my face lmao that was the most embarassing thing EVER. Was in high school

So yeah just make sure you put it on properly

Oh and im not sure which ones dont clog your pores, sorry

Thanks for the abandunt information. I really appreciated the comments. Well, I didn't makeup today because of my flaky skin. Anyway, thank you alot.

My advice, just don't bother.

I used to use a light foundation to cover my acne when I was about 17 but I found it nigh on impossible to blend it in right as my skin was always too dry, it did make me feel better as obviously I thought my skin looked cleared, but it was always depressing when I would wash it off and see my face for what it really is.

Don't start wearing make up, it's not worth it and you'll look like a fag.

My profile picture is living proof of how much of a fag you will look

<<<<

My advice, just don't bother.

I used to use a light foundation to cover my acne when I was about 17 but I found it nigh on impossible to blend it in right as my skin was always too dry, it did make me feel better as obviously I thought my skin looked cleared, but it was always depressing when I would wash it off and see my face for what it really is.

Don't start wearing make up, it's not worth it and you'll look like a fag.

My profile picture is living proof of how much of a fag you will look

<<<<

Thank you for the advice. I'll remind it again. I don't want to get the bad experience as your experience.

Well idk about these guys, but i wear makeup all the time to go out. I just graduated highschool, i'v dated near 30 girls, and none of them either knew i did or had a problem with it. My acne has now cleared up and i actually got it really bad, thanks to this site tho i got through it. Now tho, I am left with the scars and redness, so i wear makeup to cover it up. It makes me feel so much more confident. But ill admit, there were times in highschool when people asked if i did on the days where i put it on horribly, like in the beginning. Before I knew how to feel comfortable with it i just said it was sunscreen, now if people ask I just tell them. I would recommend wearing it if it makes u feel better, infact i even go into the MAC store to buy it myself. Like i said, at first i was nervous, but now i dont care and i even dated one of the girls that worked there. And anyone who has been to a mac store can back me up when i say these girls are pretty hot.

All in all, just do what ever makes u feel comfortable dude. Me? I wear makeup, and i dont care what others think because i look great and feel great.

I would recommend MAC studio fix, though it may be clogging, and as for drugstore stuff at the moment im using, well i actually cant find it atm lmao i just looked, but anyway, i would go with a powder. good luck man

P.S at calabos pic, he is wearing eyeliner, which has absolutely nothing to do with covering acne scars/redness up. Although, you would be suprised how many girls think that is attractive, although off topic.

seriously, do what you feel comfortable with. honestly, if you want to wear make-up, i say go for it! what you'll want to do is maybe check out some you tube videos or ask an associate how to apply it in a way that looks natural. in my opinion for guys, less is more. maybe dot some concealer on active spots and blend so they don't appear so noticeable. then just use a powder to finish. try to get a shade that most closely matches your skin, and do a couple trial runs at home until you feel confident enough on your application. good luck.

I have a lot of guy friends that wear makeup, and for the most part no one can tell! Not all foundations and powders are bad for your skin! You just have to read the ingredients and do your research. Before considering minerals or foundation, I'd get a good concealer! Physicians Formula Conceal Rx Physicians Strength Concealer is my godsend, and it's not too overpriced (about twelve dollars at most). As for minerals, I'd say make sure it's talc-free so it won't clog your pores. Personally, I'm not a big fan of mineral foundation/powders, but a flat brush gives you a really nice natural look. Hope this kind of helps :D

P.S. It's okay for guys to wear makeup!

i think only the manliest of men can wear makeup. girls get to cover their blemishes, why shouldnt men? i always used to put a dab on my brother before he went out to the prom or whatnot. try bare minerals, it will even out your skin tone and reduce redness and hide blemishes. cant even tell your wearing it. they have it at ulta.com

i think only the manliest of men can wear makeup. girls get to cover their blemishes, why shouldnt men? i always used to put a dab on my brother before he went out to the prom or whatnot. try bare minerals, it will even out your skin tone and reduce redness and hide blemishes. cant even tell your wearing it. they have it at ulta.com

bare minerals is definitely worth a try, but beware. for a lot of people, it can make your face look shiney, and that's the last thing you want.

If your looking into minerals try out Everyday Minerals You can only order online but it definetly works and better than any other mineral makeup out there. Take the intensive coverage for really good coverage. Get yourself the flat top brush they have for sale there.Try out samples first its free you just pay $4 shipping for USA.

Natural coverage even men can wear this as it doesn't look like a mask on and you can't even tell that you are wearing makeup. Just make sure to get your color matched!!

I'm all for wearing makeup. I mean I hate that I have to wear it, but it definitely makes me feel better about myself. I've got way too much to cover to not wear it. I've gotten so good at it that absolutely no one notices anymore. It's just something that comes with time and practice.

As for the eye liner, that's just pretty. :cool:

don't let these people tell you that "wearing makeup makes you look like a fag" that's ignorant and stupid.

I wear makeup and it boosts your self confidence like no other. And if someone finds out, who the hell cares? If you're secure enough with who you are it shouldn't matter at all. BREAK DOWN THE GENDER STEREOTYPES!

Anyhow, I use Almay makeup, and it's really nice because it doesn't rub off at all and blends pretty well.

And if your skin isn't too bad, just wearing a concealer on the spots works just fine, and you don't have to wear it all over. But i have red marks all over and horrible complexion, so i just put it all over my face.

Bottom line, don't think of makeup as wearing eye liner, mascara, blush, etc. If you're just wearing it to cover your acne, then I see no problem with it whatsoever.

Good luck!

If your guy and want to wear makeup, but not in the traditional sense I would strongly recommend these two products by cosmedicine, the first is the self adjusting exfoliator and the second is Honest Face, its a lightspf20 with 4 different colors to choose from. Im about in beetween medium and dark so I go with medium and it blends in perfectly. I love using it at night for clubs, it nmakes my skin radiate light.