Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

a/s/l? 21/m/jersey. im glad thats out of the way.

to start things off, here's a list of everything tried (not all at once, haha): Triaz, Zoderm, Neobenz, Ziana, Solodyn, Adoxa, Clean and Clear, PC BHA, Proactiv, Cetaphil, Aveeno, Toleriane.

and finally, here is a log about a dive headfirst into the somewhat unforeseen world of accutane.

First dosage starts tomorrow with 20mg of Sotret for the next month. The cost? Well, for those who are curious, it was $148 without submitting the claim to the insurance company yet. i thought it would've have been much worse. it's cheaper than the antibiotics i've gotten filled. at least i dont have to sell the prize-winning cow to make the sotret payment, lol.

i've got my chapstick and moisturizer ready to go. anyone else starting around now?

hey i started 11 days ago. i am 21 and a female and they put me on 40 mg. and after 10 days, i started to feel the negative side effects. i just carry my chapstick in my pocket and dont let it out of my sight! i drink tonssssss. and oh get some face moisturizer but none with a fragrance or anything that will burn ur face. also stop using any acne face wash. just a gentle one. i use dove. good luck. accutane sucks balls. but since i started it, i havent gotten any new blemishes. just the ones i had are taking their time to go away. good luck!

thanks NJcollegegirl, im constantly applying this chapstick called Lypsyl. It's by far the best lip moisturizer i have applied.

Day 3: Since starting Sotret and changing my washes to gentle cleansers instead of harsh benzoyl peroxide products, my skin has recovered its healthy tone. while i know that its not the sotret working, but sometimes when i rub my face, blackheads literally just fall out.

due to the extra moisture from the cleanser and the moisturizer, my face feels so much better. i dont know how long it will be before i start feeling the side effects of the Sotret but im trying to enjoy the moisture while it last, haha.

Sounds like your getting some improvement pretty fast that's always a good sign.... For the lips i would have to recommend aquaphor works great just apply a good amount at night and lips will feel fine the next day

Hello People

I just started Sotret on Friday 12/12 so I am still a newbie. :D I am a very lightskinned female and I have had acne off and on since I was a teenager. The scars..the bumps..the red marks..UGH!!! :wall: I too have to confess that I have tried everything under the sun to control my acne and I have been successful with quite a few products buuuut the acne always came back. The bottom shelf of my linen is filled with acne products that either didn't agree with me, worked for awhile or didn't work at all. For the last year I was taking doxycycline and using tazorac...which worked well once I got the hang of it buuut here I am almost a year to the day later and the acne...red marks are back! :evil: My derm actually recommended accutane to me BEFORE she gave me the tazorac but I refused. :naughty: Then I found myself crawling back to her hoping she would write me a prescription ASAP :pray: *sigh* Yes the side effects had me scared sh*tless but this acne is too much for me. So wish me luck folks!!

PS...SORRY SO LONG!

Day 18: I think it's an IB. Not exactly sure. It feels early for someone on a low dose like me. It could be finals too. I'm leaning towards finals, lol. I know the next two weeks are going to be rough though. I can see that there has been a lot of redness and blackheads by my ears that are eagerly awaiting their opportunity to get out of my face.

all the developments have been in spots where i dont normally break out. im excited to get my dosage increased though. i've been drinking water like crazy and taking the pill with a fatty meal. so that has been keeping me feeling pretty good. the placebo effect combined with the water has been doing great things psychologically. the goal is to get the dosage up to 60mg. it think its doable.

oh yeah, thanks for reading! tell me when you got your IB so i can stop/start worrying! thanks!

I never really experienced a inital breakout. I have been on accutane for 5+ weeks now, and I rarely get a pimple (since like week 2-3) and all that is really bothersom right now is some redness. But that is to be expected. I have been using Eucerin Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser, it works pretty well. It says to use twice a day but I only use it before I go to bed, because when I use it in the morning i think it makes it look worse before it makes it look better.

I use a ton of Cetaphil Moisturizer (apply it all the time)

Day 32: Well i recently just got my dosage upped to 40mg per day. For my weight, 145lbs/m , it seems a little low, but i can't really complain since im seeing results. My derm told me that he would be putting me on a 7 month cycle so the side effects wouldn't force me to quit early.

funny story: went to labcorp to get the bloodwork done. i made the mistake of looking down, seeing the blood coming out of my arm, and just looked away. felt fine for 5 seconds, and started to see everything get dimmer. started laughing, hard. i thought it would be the funniest thing in the world to hit the floor. as soon as she saw me laugh, she pulled the contraption out of my arm. just in time! hahaha

overall, water seems to be the trick to keeping the headaches at bay. still breaking out. far less severe. skin is constantly recovering its tone. blackheads keep falling out. the bumps on my cheeks, where i would normally break out, are going down. thumbs up so far!

anyone have any tricks they use to keep their side effects to a minimum?

damn dude glad you are doing well with sotret. I dunno, I haven't really experienced any side effects besides for chapped lips and dry skin - although one day I had like blurred vision for like 5 mins that was horrible lol - luckily i wasn't driving or anything. hmm drinking lots of water helps for me too - to keep me moisture that is. good luck bro.

Hiya, FE. 40mg for your weight isn't bad at all. I hope you do well. I took Sotret also and it did wonders. WONDERS! I really hope it does the same for you.

Thanks for the little blood story. It was funny. I bet the plebotomist looked at you like you like you were nuts. :)

Day 41: Hope everyone had a nice New Years btw!

nosebleeds! its not like running out of my nose, but when i blow my nose, there's a considerable amount of blood. oh well. lesson: don't blow your nose if you dont have to, haha!

Anyway, the skin actually looks worse than it did before. no actives but the healing process takes WAY longer. since the redness and everything is still going down, you can reallllly see alllll the imperfections in the skin. lots of red marks. i can't see many scars or anything. *crosses fingers*

still no major side effects though. that's a nice feeling. i get back pain while lifting but its nothing major whatsoever.

overall, the course has been going much smoother than expected. i would like a higher dosage though, haha. does anyone think 7 months is a loooooong time as well? lol

hello! I don't know if you ever get on this log or not b/c you haven't posted in quite a while... but here goes...

I've never seen anyone on here before on 120 mg/day. How do you feel? I've only been on Amnesteem for a little over a month, 80 mg/day. I weigh 120 lbs. So far I feel fine just a little crappy every now and then. Luckily I won't have to experience the side effects of having dosage bump-ups like others where I started on such a high dose.

Anyways, you should post pictures if you have any of before/during/after. I imagine your acne was pretty bad to be put on 120 mg.

Good luck!!

Steph

Day 41: Hope everyone had a nice New Years btw!

nosebleeds! its not like running out of my nose, but when i blow my nose, there's a considerable amount of blood. oh well. lesson: don't blow your nose if you dont have to, haha!

Anyway, the skin actually looks worse than it did before. no actives but the healing process takes WAY longer. since the redness and everything is still going down, you can reallllly see alllll the imperfections in the skin. lots of red marks. i can't see many scars or anything. *crosses fingers*

still no major side effects though. that's a nice feeling. i get back pain while lifting but its nothing major whatsoever.

overall, the course has been going much smoother than expected. i would like a higher dosage though, haha. does anyone think 7 months is a loooooong time as well? lol

Hey buddy,

I just calculated your cumulative dose on accutane. It came to 336mg/kg, thats alot! I"m really curious to see how you did with side effects towards the end of your treatment and how you are doing now Additionally how is your skin now?