Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heres johnny

What no one knows about me(the hidden truth)

hey guys,

After years of hiding I made this post to reveal what I have been hiding for years. no one(except my family) knows about this and knows how much pain it causes me. I'm tired of hiding yet still afraid of how people will look at me.

chest

http://i34.tinypic.com/30uu4ud.jpg

back

http://i38.tinypic.com/25socpj.jpg

sorry for the bad pic its a mission to take pictures of your back

I think that needs some serious top of the line scar treatment, like lasters and augmentation stuff.

i have back acne just around my shoulders. and i think i will need somethin whether it be chemical peels. dermabrasion, or lasers.

im sorry man, at least you can cover it up, im sure theres some top of the line treatment that will help that a ton, just do a lil reasearch. good luck.

I think that needs some serious top of the line scar treatment, like lasters and augmentation stuff.

i have back acne just around my shoulders. and i think i will need somethin whether it be chemical peels. dermabrasion, or lasers.

im sorry man, at least you can cover it up, im sure theres some top of the line treatment that will help that a ton, just do a lil reasearch. good luck.

yeah i know. Im hoping something will work. Having severe bacne all this years really ruined my self-esteem. I'm a mess i tell you(but yet people don't know this about me)

Well, that must hurt a lot...certanly can understand why you hide it. I hope you can follow a healthy lifestyle so it doesn't aggravate the condition. I hate to say it, but the scars that's already there, will be there for years, but it will fade over time.

Well, that must hurt a lot...certanly can understand why you hide it. I hope you can follow a healthy lifestyle so it doesn't aggravate the condition. I hate to say it, but the scars that's already there, will be there for years, but it will fade over time.

yeah i suffered from severe bacne at about the age of 13. I continued to breakout with severe cystic acne until I finished my 2nd dose of accutane(finished it earlier this year). I'm really happy that I'm not breaking out in those areas anymore. but yes as you can see I'm left with horrible ugly scars that make me embarrassed to show to anyone. I don't even want to look at them myself.

Definately make sure you do your research especially regarding lasers etc. Inexperienced people operating lasers can do more harm than good.

my guy's back looks similar, except he also has active acne to boot (it looks like you just have scars at this point). To be honest it never really bothered me that his back was like that. It might not mean anything to you, me saying that, but it just goes to show that we are often way more critical of ourselves than others tend to be. I know that feeling the need to hide a part of you like that for years is not easy to live with (I am hiding scars of my own, of a different nature. It's all hard to deal with), but maybe you posting these pictures means that you're ready to let go of the past and all the pain this causes you. How long have you had the scars on your back? Have you tried any treatments for scarring or hyperpigmentation?

As for your chest, the scars there didn't even register with me as acne scarring. I bet you could make up a pretty badass story about how you wrestled with a hungry bear to save a family of jackalopes, or maybe how you were watching a volcanic eruption (your favorite pasttime :cool: ) when a falling piece of smoldering ash landed on your chest. Hey, it could happen :shifty:

Anyway, it's good that you've decided to come out of hiding :clap:

my guy's back looks similar, except he also has active acne to boot (it looks like you just have scars at this point). To be honest it never really bothered me that his back was like that. It might not mean anything to you, me saying that, but it just goes to show that we are often way more critical of ourselves than others tend to be. I know that feeling the need to hide a part of you like that for years is not easy to live with (I am hiding scars of my own, of a different nature. It's all hard to deal with), but maybe you posting these pictures means that you're ready to let go of the past and all the pain this causes you. How long have you had the scars on your back? Have you tried any treatments for scarring or hyperpigmentation?

As for your chest, the scars there didn't even register with me as acne scarring. I bet you could make up a pretty badass story about how you wrestled with a hungry bear to save a family of jackalopes, or maybe how you were watching a volcanic eruption (your favorite pasttime :cool: ) when a falling piece of smoldering ash landed on your chest. Hey, it could happen :shifty:

Anyway, it's good that you've decided to come out of hiding :clap:

I had these scars since about 13 I am 20 now and turning 21 in Jan. Yes I do feel that I am getting more comfortable about myself. Honestly it was very hard to post these pictures on here! I had many 2nd thoughts, but I feel really great that I did go through with it and I feel better about myself. haha as for the comment about the volcano I did think of many things to tell people if they did ask me. One was that I ran into a burning house to save a bunch of kids.

I still dont think that i will be able to show and tell my closest friends about my scars and suffering i had over the years.

I bet my friends would be completely shocked if I did show them. I don't know why but they tend to think of me as a ladies man for some odd reason. I guess its because I don't show my insecurities around them.

Do you have scarring (sp?) like that on your face?

nope my face is pretty good. I still breakout but hey its really nothing really to complain about. I have a few scars but its really minimal.

Hi! I am sorry- a lot of people don't understand how acne can stop your whole life! I am very jealous of the people who don't have to worry about it. Hopefully you will find something- have you tried spironolactone? That has been great for me! Good luck!

Hi! I am sorry- a lot of people don't understand how acne can stop your whole life! I am very jealous of the people who don't have to worry about it. Hopefully you will find something- have you tried spironolactone? That has been great for me! Good luck!

Can guys take spironolactone too? I've read that its used mainly for women with hormonal acne.

I still dont thing that i will be able to show and tell my closest friends about my scars and suffering i had over the years.

I can agree and understand you there. Unless they were there and knew me when I was going through the darkest times in my life (and were aware of what was happening), I have a don't show-don't tell policy. Unless I feel it is necessary to explain myself in order for someone to better understand who I am and where I come from (such as a significant other, in which case it's hard to hide stuff like this), I keep that part of my past and the pain it caused me private. Of course retelling and confronting certain things of your past is painful, but laying it all out on the table like that almost feels liberating, doesn't it? (Maybe it's just me? :think: )

I still dont thing that i will be able to show and tell my closest friends about my scars and suffering i had over the years.

I can agree and understand you there. Unless they were there and knew me when I was going through the darkest times in my life (and were aware of what was happening), I have a don't show-don't tell policy. Unless I feel it is necessary to explain myself in order for someone to better understand who I am and where I come from (such as a significant other, in which case it's hard to hide stuff like this), I keep that part of my past and the pain it caused me private. Of course retelling and confronting certain things of your past is painful, but laying it all out on the table like that almost feels liberating, doesn't it? (Maybe it's just me? :think: )

yeah i know exactly what your saying. I remember when I told my ex girlfriend. we were dating like 2 months then. I felt that I had to show her what I was hiding. I felt that It wasn't fair for a girl as beautiful as she is to be dating a monster like me. Yes, thats how I viewed myself privately. So yeah I remember I just told her and showed her my back full of scars and to my amazement she was completely fine with it and just told me that she wouldnt leave me because of a stupid reason like that. haha, I remember I begged her while I was crying not to leave me when I showed her.

Well the back scars are definitely more noticeable than the ones on your chest. But to be honest there really are plently of people out there that will love you anyway. If you do decide to treat it I'd go with the ultra high tech laser treatments (although I KNOW that's easier said than done due to the high cost). For now I'd just focus on being you and if your friends ever wonder why you feel reluctant to take off your shirt (like if they wanted to go swimming or whatever) I would just be real with them and see how they respond. Anyone with a soul isn't going to like you any less for it.

hi,man,its doesnt matter,just some scars,you must know Frank Ribery,how cool he is and his scars is even on his face,i have scars on my chest and back too.I think you should begin to bodybuliding,scars on muscle is so cool,cuz i am,haha

hi,man,its doesnt matter,just some scars,you must know Frank Ribery,how cool he is and his scars is even on his face,i have scars on my chest and back too.I think you should begin to bodybuliding,scars on muscle is so cool,cuz i am,haha

scars on muscles huh? yeah sounds like a great idea!

yea accutane did the same thing to my body acne. i have like little keloid scars on my back and chest, but mine are raised a little and pinkish. maybe because mine are newer? thankfully it didn't scar like that on my face.

have you tried any OTC creams for the scars, it might help.

i.e. Mederma, Emu Oil, etc

and to get the ladies, just make up some cool story about being a spy and those are your scars from fights and stuff. at least its not on your face though right?

have you tried any OTC creams for the scars, it might help.

i.e. Mederma, Emu Oil, etc

and to get the ladies, just make up some cool story about being a spy and those are your scars from fights and stuff. at least its not on your face though right?

YEAH battle scars!

chicks dig that!! haha