Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frizledizle6

question for the ladies

if a man has blue eyes, a muscular body, nice smile and good facial features, yet has severe acne scarring, can he still be good looking. i know this question is rediculous but im very self conscious about the way my scars look even i feel the rest of me looks good. im looking for honest to god answers, you wont hurt my feelings.

I'm not a girl but i am pretty sure that most girls don't like blue eyes

Girls like dark brown eyes best :wacko: you know tall dark and handsome

but I'm sure girls dig the rest of what you have and i would not worry about the scars.

Scares are not all that bad i don't think but like i said before... I'm not a girl :lol:

Hah, I think that's more of a personal preference than a gender thing. :rolleyes:

Anyway, how's your personality? Besides the obvious physical features, I think a good personality plays a huge role in the attractiveness of a person. First impressions aside, the better the personality, the more attractive the person. If you have a great personality people will like you, and will be more likely to readily notice your good physical qualities (you smile, your eyes, your physique, etc.). If you've got a god-awful personality people will tend to notice the less attractive traits, and will probably be more likely to nit-pick out even the small things (acne scars, ugly toenails, a crooked tooth, whatever).

Bottom line: if you've got a good personality, people will be less likely notice, or even care about the small things you find unattractive about yourself. For example, my boyfriend has a gap in his front teeth, a large forehead, and a barrel chest (psh, norwegians :lol: ), but he's got a great smile, nice facial structure, and broad, manly shoulders. Obviously I think he's very attractive, and much to my dismay, so do all the other girls. It's not that he doesn't have some awkward features, it's just that his great personality and friendly demeanor accentuate all the good things.

Anyway, it seems like you've got a lot going for you already in the looks department. And contrary to what super star says, I (and I'm sure many other girls) find blue eyes to be extremely sexy.

I do not think the coloring of eyes makes a difference but I do think that guys can get away with bad skin more then girls. I think scarring can be noticeable on everyone however, it seems to be more acceptable on a guy. Honestly the truth is a guy that works next to my office has really severe scarring and I can't bear to look at him. My own insecurities. It reminds me of my skin and makes me wonder if my skin looks that bad. The thing is he is a thug and if he didn't have scarring I would still think is a thug and unattractive. He has a real attractive girlfriend and I wonder how he scored her. If your good looking with scars your still good looking with scars and if your a thug with scars your still a thug with scars. I don't think the outside world looks at it with the same perspective as we do. It is our insecurities that make us judge with more critical eyes.

Hah, I think that's more of a personal preference than a gender thing. :rolleyes:

True i think men like brown eyes more as well (i do)

Brown eyes are just better but i guess there are people out there who like blue.

I will let you in on my experience with women and my scars

I am 23 and before this year I had only even kissed 2 girls in my life

This year alone I have met 13 girls...from meeting them on myspace :( and "at least" made out with 11 of them on the 1st night I met them in person. That was without flirting with any of them or spitting "game". I was just nice to them and acted like myself and didnt feed them bs. I didnt even have to make a move on any of them, I just let them make it on me. Of the 13 girls though I only managed to get 1 of them as a girlfriend which only lasted 3 days. These girls were all at least pretty and seemed very nice at the time. They werent desperate chicks that had 13 cats at home. The more I got to know them in real life though the more of who I thought they were started to fade. Four of them had bfs that I didnt even know about and 1 was engaged. Yet they were still ok with coming to "hang out" with me and do "whatever". The others ended up hooking up with other guys out of nowhere and the gf I had messed around on me with a guy she hooked up with on a "girl's night out" at a club that she randomly met.

So this brings me to this conclusion....can you meet chicks and still have severe acne scarring...the answer is yes bc I never thought anyone would be able to stand the site of me to want to even touch me....much less 11 out of 13 girls that were "at least" willing to make out with me...and sadly do more which I highly regret wasting myself on them.

But can they live with the site of your face every day....so far the answer for me is no....scarring can still let you be good enough for a good time or a 1 night stand.....but not good enough to live with or be with for anything meaningful....but I cant blame them.

I have only met 1 girl in person 1st though that I have ever kissed....all the others I met and got to know online.....so the fact is that your scarring will most likely put up a wall and keep most if not all girls depending on its severity from even giving you a chance....but them getting to know me online 1st and talking to me helped them feel more comfortably with me and helped them look past what they saw when they met me.

But really what I have learned going from not even kissing a girl until I was 21.....to kissing 11 this year...is that none of it was worth it....all of them were a waste of myself on people who never really cared about me. Like there is only 1 girl that I even know...period....that I have any real interest in what so ever that I think would be worth it or that could be trusted to have anything meaningful with.

Having scarring isnt all bad....for a long time it saved me from wasting myself on the games people play to use you and take advantage of your kindness to make themselves happy....but the true downside of the scarring is the 1 person that isnt absolute garbage that it keeps you from being with...because you know yourself that you cant really blame them for not wanting to be with you just bc of how you look.

Here are pics of my scarring

http://www.pcbuilder.biz/dermarolling.html

The day 4 shows the severity the best

Here is my myspace if you wanna see what the rest of me looks like...I have blue eyes and I am in really good shape too...however being in shape really didnt seem to be a big deal to them when they met me

http://www.myspace.com/peytonthelegend

and no none of my pics have been touched up or editted on there....you cant see my scars on there....but there is no way I'm about to put pics on there that look like the ones on my dermarolling site

Hey dude!

Girls really dont care if you're in shape or not .. i've been there and done bodybuilding etc, now I just do it to keep healthy ... I've also travelled to a few places and some girls hate big guys, they just want a normal looking guy ........... also I noticed your eyes more so than your scarring in your pics!

We can only do what we can and people will accept us or deny us, but this my friend is life.. enjoy it and have many experiences whilst you are young .. dont regret things, dont hurt people (try not to)

If someones nice enough to kiss you or have sex with you than be greatful they did ... if they dont want anything more then who really cares, it wasnt meant to be ...Just thank them and move on :)

well I dont want people to kiss me or have sex with me bc they are being nice.....they are either doing it bc they like me and they want to make me happy bc they care about me....or they are doing it for themselves to make themselves happy.....and if they arent doing it for the 1st reason then its not worth the risk with everything that comes with sex and its definately not worth adding another person to your total you have been with.

I'd much rather live life with regrets...because it takes a much stronger person to admit to their own mistakes even if those mistakes were made toward a good reason with good intentions....the people that live without regrets are the users and most self-centered people I know...they go through life seeing it only through their own eyes without a care in the world about what it looks like through someone else's

Regrets make you stronger....regrets can change you and build a much better human being.....I'd much rather suffer with regrets to be a better person than live without them just so I wouldnt have to feel accountable for what I have done in the past...people with no regrets...never change

Hey dude!

Girls really dont care if you're in shape or not .. i've been there and done bodybuilding etc, now I just do it to keep healthy ... I've also travelled to a few places and some girls hate big guys, they just want a normal looking guy ........... also I noticed your eyes more so than your scarring in your pics!

We can only do what we can and people will accept us or deny us, but this my friend is life.. enjoy it and have many experiences whilst you are young .. dont regret things, dont hurt people (try not to)

If someones nice enough to kiss you or have sex with you than be greatful they did ... if they dont want anything more then who really cares, it wasnt meant to be ...Just thank them and move on :)

to say girls dont care if you're in shape or not is a generalization. many girls do care about a guy with a nice physique. and on top of that who cares what any girls think anyways. you talk about people accepting you for who you are well then they will have to accept that part of you seeing as fitness is usually the center piece of ones life in most cases. no offense bro but it sounds like a cop out to the fact you dont train hard anymore.

Girls like dark brown eyes best :wacko:

Uhm...what?!?

Define severe. Honestly, if it is really that bad, you can do things to improve it. The people who are most frustrated are those of us caught in the middle of very minor scarring and very bad scarring...scar revision can only get you so far. If your scarring is really severe, I would work on at least improving it, so you can at least feel better about yourself and give you more confidence.

Uhm...what?!?

What part did you not understand :think:

from my understanding...people tend to be more attracted to...or at least make a bigger deal about blue eyes....I have never heard of someone getting contact lenses that make their eyes look more brown...yet I have heard of people getting contacts to make their eyes look more blue quite often

But your eye color is just part of the initial attraction that causes interest in you....kinda like a pretty cover that makes you more interesting in opening a book....but it doesnt mean the book is worth a damn...but a lot of people dont really care about your content...just the cover....but they are garbage and your better off without them anyway

Uhm...what?!?

I've honestly never head of women having a preference for brown eyes. If anything, it's the opposite. If someone cares about eye color, they almost always have a preference for blue, hazel or green eyes.

the legend you look like Zac Effron :lol:

Well anyway, in real life I tend to be more attracted to dark eyes, Spanish type guys, but when a gorgeous man walks by with sparkling blue eyes or gorgeous hazel eyes I can't help but stare in amazement. To the original posters, yes with your description, you can still be found attractive. Of course you can, since when has blue eyes and the features you described not been attractive. Acne tends to be less of a problem for guys than girls. :(

Well, Brad Pitt has many acne scars on his face, but have you really noticed them? lol

To add my 2 cents, girls in my area, me included, prefer guys with blue eyes. Maybe that's because I'm Mediterrenean and southern people tend to like northern people and vice versa.

Uhm...what?!?

I think she (and I included) didn't understand how you could make a generalization of an entire population about their personal preferences for eye color. It's ridiculous that you are assuming just because you like brown eyes best, that everyone else likes brown eyes best also.

from my understanding...people tend to be more attracted to...or at least make a bigger deal about blue eyes....I have never heard of someone getting contact lenses that make their eyes look more brown...yet I have heard of people getting contacts to make their eyes look more blue quite often

I know people that have brought brown contacts

guys like big brown eyes and girls also like brown eyes (not all but most)

I've honestly never head of women having a preference for brown eyes. If anything, it's the opposite. If someone cares about eye color, they almost always have a preference for blue, hazel or green eyes.

Isn't Hazel a shade of Brown ?

in real life I tend to be more attracted to dark eyes, Spanish type guys

See

To add my 2 cents, girls in my area, me included, prefer guys with blue eyes.

I like blue eyes best.

Are you two Asian by chance ?

I think she (and I included) didn't understand how you could make a generalization of an entire population about their personal preferences for eye color. It's ridiculous that you are assuming just because you like brown eyes best, that everyone else likes brown eyes best also.

Of course i cannot speak for everyone

but from what i have heard and from the people i know

brown eyes seem more popular.

To the original poster,

It is what a coincident that i asked the same question to myself ( i am a girl) 2 days ago when i watch the film " PEARL HARBOUR" . I looked at Rave and Dany ( the soldiers in the film) and thought do they still look good if they have scars? The answer is definitely YES !

But it is what a pity that some local forum in my country have topics about this question and most men and women answer " NO NO NO " " a girl with acne or acne scars are not pretty at all ....." " no way "...................which make me very depressed........................

I know people that have brought brown contacts

guys like big brown eyes and girls also like brown eyes (not all but most)

Isn't Hazel a shade of Brown ?

in real life I tend to be more attracted to dark eyes, Spanish type guys

See

To add my 2 cents, girls in my area, me included, prefer guys with blue eyes.

I like blue eyes best.

Are you two Asian by chance ?

Of course i cannot speak for everyone

but from what i have heard and from the people i know

brown eyes seem more popular.

I myself love brown eyes (probably because I look at blue eyes every day in the mirror), but that doesn't mean I don't completely melt when a blue or green eyed person looks me in the eye. I think the difference is that dark eyes are warm and welcoming, but lighter eyes are striking and much less common. As for hazel eyes, they're not brown, but a mix of colors like green/brown, blue/brown, etc. You really can't keep arguing your point that brown eyes are more popular for everyone. What you have heard from the people you talk to is only a TINY portion of the entire population, and basing your assumption off of that alone is biased and not at all accurate. Please think before you make any more outlanding assumptions about everyone else's personal preferences.

Girls can wear make up and cover up any scars

and even without make up scars are not something that would bother me.

If the girls pretty then shes pretty scars or no scars

They dont really make a difference.

I myself love brown eyes

the difference is that dark eyes are warm and welcoming

See you just underlined my point :cool:

:doh: lol, but you totally disregarded the second part of that sentence, where I said lighter eyes are striking and alluring, or something to that effect. I love brown eyes, yes, but I also love my blue eyes and would not trade them for any other color, nor do I think blue eyes are unattractive at all on other people. In fact I find them quite irresistable on others. This is an impossible argument :wall::rolleyes:

if a man has blue eyes, a muscular body, nice smile and good facial features, yet has severe acne scarring, can he still be good looking. i know this question is rediculous but im very self conscious about the way my scars look even i feel the rest of me looks good. im looking for honest to god answers, you wont hurt my feelings.

its weird how superficial some people are. both guys and girls. like, i have some pimples, but i have never dated a guy that had pimples. like all of the people that i date have had perfect skin. but aparently guys arent turned off because i have imperfections. yea, i cover them up but they are obviously still visible. there are treatments that you can get for scarring, but remember that no one is perfect. so if the rest of you is sexy, than that should be good enough.