Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I have arm acne or ingrown hairs on my arms for 3 years now and its embarrising. If anyone knows any good regimens to clear this up please share them with me.

I get a lot of it on my arms and shoulders too, then it leaves a mark after the pimple's gone

worst part is...the hyper pigmentation doesn't go away

sometimes i put some benzaclin on any little bit of arm acne i have. try a toppical antibacterial or benzoyl peroxide on there.

I have arm acne or ingrown hairs on my arms for 3 years now and its embarrising. If anyone knows any good regimens to clear this up please share them with me.

Try following "The Regimen" as found here on the site. I use Neutrogena On-the-Spot for my arms. I can pretty much keep my arm acne under control nowadays and only have to do the regimen on my arms once a week- which makes using that tiny tube viable. If you need to start from scratch and do the regimen daily until your acne is under control then you might consider getting the Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment since its a much larger bottle- you'll be saving money getting the larger bottle.

Good luck!

I have the same problem. I've found that using Milk of Magnesia on my arms does help to clear it up for the most part, however, I still have plenty of scars left over and they sometimes look like acne rather than scars. Its really annoying because I can't figure out how to get rid of the scars. Anyone had any similar experience or know how to get rid of the scars?

Where abouts on your arm? If its little red spots around your tricep, then that is most likely Keratosis Pilaris.

Keratosis Pilaris is difficult to treat, unfortunatly. Some people find shaving, sun bathing, moisturzing, exfoliating and topical retinoids to help.

I personally just use tinted moisturizer on it to cover up now, and quite happy with the way it looks. I also have it on my thighs, but i dont care about that.