Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alyssa2008.2008

BREAKING OUT MORE MY SECOND WEEK OF ACV

hey ...its been just over two weeks since drinking acv and using it as a toner after i cleanse my face and my face is breaking out in tiny comedones more...does anyone know whats going on ?

thanks....

I have no idea, I saw improvements immediately, I got no new breakouts from the day I started drinking it and using it topically. Although some people get what the call "initial purges" not exactly sure why, maybe one of them might come along and answer your questions.

Since I started taking I've noticed I'm getting a few more as well too. I use it topically and I drink two teaspoons twice daily. I've been using it two weeks as well, hopefully it's just the purging and it'll get better.

mabye you're just purging but a few questions- what brand do you use? Do you dilute it with water when using it as a toner? Are you using anything else on your skin?

laindever, this is what i do..... i'm in canada so i'm using eden organic apple cider vinegar, it has the mother ingredient and its 5% acidic. so i wash my face with aveda tourmaline charged cleanser, and after that i take the acv put it on a cotton pad undiluted, and use it all over my face. sure my face gets red at first and stings a bit from the acv but the redness goes away after 5 mins, and the stinging doesn't bother me. also i'm drinking bout 2 - 5 tablespoons in my water daily. i've been doing this for 2 weeks and 3 days now. .....

Your increase in breakouts could be due to irritation from the undiluted ACV. If your face is getting red and stinging after you apply the ACV, then you are irritating your skin, which can lead to an acne flare up.

Yeah... what willow said :D If your acne is mostly concentrated in one area e.g. your forehead. Something that works very well for me is to make a 50/50 solution of acv and water or green tea.

Fold a few pieces of toiletpaper so they can cover the acne prone area. Then pour the solution on them so they are completely wet, so when you carefully lift them they should be dripping. Then just stick it to your face and leave on until its dry.

I would agree that you should dilute it. I mix mine with a little filtered water in a glass and then dip the cotton ball with it. At one point I tried it undiluted and it seemed to irritate my skin. At least try diluting it for a few days and see how it goes. Good luck with it.

i don't dilute mine. Today is officially week 3 of drinking and applying ACV. I broke out terribly in the 2nd week. I had tiny clogged pores all over my one cheek which turned into tiny little zits but they are almost all gone now and the clogged pores are non existent. I think some people have an initial breakout and some dont. keep doing what ur doing for a little while longer. i was really freaked out but I havent had a single new zit since the breakout started healing. I am almost clear short of a couple remaining tiny little zits that you can barely see.

i don't dilute mine. Today is officially week 3 of drinking and applying ACV. I broke out terribly in the 2nd week. I had tiny clogged pores all over my one cheek which turned into tiny little zits but they are almost all gone now and the clogged pores are non existent. I think some people have an initial breakout and some dont. keep doing what ur doing for a little while longer. i was really freaked out but I havent had a single new zit since the breakout started healing. I am almost clear short of a couple remaining tiny little zits that you can barely see.

Hey Mustang! Ok I'm officially on 3 weeks and 1 day of drinking and applying it! lol thats what i've been getting are tiny little zits that you can only see really close up and feel! I DO have about 5 big pimples on both sides of my jaw line..yuck...but i'm keeping at it....you really think its gonna work?? (fingers crossed)

How is the ACV going now??

Today is the first day of my 4th week on ACV. All those little zit things are officially gone, but I did get a few regular zits this week. Luckily, they are healing VERY fast. I've only had them a day and they are almost all gone now. If it means anything to you, I'm having my hormonal week so the zits could just be from that, and if thats the case, a couple pimples is no big deal. I am comfortable with getting a zit or two once a month, but before I was getting a new zit everyday. I'm really very happy with my results with ACV. I won't claim that my skin is perfect, but I do feel like if someone spotted me without make up they wouldn't think I was a monster... I havent felt that way since I was about 12 sooo I can't really ask for anything else. Acne never bothered me that much because its easy to cover up mostly but when I realized that I want to spend the night at someones house I do not want them to wake up and be like "omg what happened to your face?!" Hahaha. I think it will take a while for it to sink in that I dont have red marks and zits all over as the thought still scares me to sleep at my boyfriends house but i think I am going to give it a try over the next couple weeks.

that means your skin is irritated. Wean away from the ACV a bit or dilute it a lot please. I dont want your acne to get worse. Just be gentle that is key.

hey ...its been just over two weeks since drinking acv and using it as a toner after i cleanse my face and my face is breaking out in tiny comedones more...does anyone know whats going on ?

thanks....

Alyssa,

This is normal for most people that use ACV, I had the same problem but mine was in the 3rd week of ACV.

Take a look at this http://www.acne.org/messageboard/ACV-Guide...ar-t218978.html its my guide to ACV and how I used it to get clear.

Just keep drinking it and youll stay clear soon, give it 3-5 weeks.

Alex

Hey,

Been drinking 5 teaspoons a day and applying it on my face before bed (somewhat diluted).

I'm getting zits in strange places, like 1 on either side of my nose by my eyes. Its not entirely unheard of for me to get some there but that is a strange place, especially 2 at once. Also on my neck.

I hope I am just purging or something. I drink over 2 L of water a day with lemon juice, no milk or chocolate, seriously cut back smoking, don't pick, change my pillowcase, and I just don't know what else to do.

Just switched to Bragg organic, though I can't see that making all the difference.

I have no idea, I saw improvements immediately, I got no new breakouts from the day I started drinking it and using it topically. Although some people get what the call "initial purges" not exactly sure why, maybe one of them might come along and answer your questions.

I immediately stopped breaking out. I'm on my third day of drinking it and using it as a topical. It works so good! I can't believe it! God Bless the Apple Cider Vinegar! LOL