Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luvskincare13

scars under chin

These are caused from years of being aggresive with plucking, electrolysis. This looks real bad too me. Do you agree? I try not to let it bring me down and at least it's under my chin so it's not right in your face but I do not like it never the less. Do they look deep or shallow? Honestly, how bad does this look? Do you think anything can repair this damage? Really though on a scale of 1-10 how bad is this? Don't sugar coat it. Tell me like it is. I need to learn how to accept my skin but I need a objective point of view on exactly what I am accepting. I am gald to hear that the rest of my face looks okay to the rest of you at least theres that. Thanks!

These are caused from years of being aggresive with plucking, electrolysis. This looks real bad too me. Do you agree? I try not to let it bring me down and at least it's under my chin so it's not right in your face but I do not like it never the less. Do they look deep or shallow? Honestly, how bad does this look? Do you think anything can repair this damage? Really though on a scale of 1-10 how bad is this? Don't sugar coat it. Tell me like it is. I need to learn how to accept my skin but I need a objective point of view on exactly what I am accepting. I am gald to hear that the rest of my face looks okay to the rest of you at least theres that. Thanks!

That will probably go away if you use Retin-A. My friend used retin-a for a year and her superficial scarring around her chin from "picking" as a teenager went away. It's very shallow scarring and easily corrected.

I am so blown away to hear that. I swear when I noticed the scars under my chin I just about hit the floor. I see it and think damn that looks so bad bad bad. It is nice when people comment because it really gives me some perspective however, I can't understand how this cannot look bad. I guess I will wait to hear some more comments to get a overall conclusion. I think I may have some body/skin image issues but I swear when I look at my skin I think it probably looks real close too lawrence fishburne or someone with pretty severe scarring. It could be my mind playing tricks on me but thats what I see. When I see some photos like pakifairy and others I wish my skin looked like that and my family tells me it's similar but I think the worse. This totally sucks. I think scarring on the face can truly tramatize a person even if it's no big deal. I really need to learn to accept and move on so I can enjoy my life and not let scarring rule it.

Those aren't noticeable at all. Even looking at them up close you cant really notice. Their extremly shallow, and im being really honest too. But to prevent any damage, be gentle on it. Most scars slowly improve.

since they appear to be shallow do you think a peel or microdermabrasion would remove them?

Microdermabrasion would help, but it would take several treatments before you would begin to see results (meaning more $.) Peels are very abrasive and personally my skin can't handle it, but if your skin isn't too sensitive it may be perfect for you. I would definitely recommend combining it with copper-peptides. I use Super CP Serum and the healing of my scars have accelerated when combined with microderms/peels.

Good luck!

I wouldn't try microdermabrasion. I have only heard a few sucess stories, and alot of people say that their scars got deepper after doing it. I would leave you skin alone for atleats one month and do not do anything to it at all. If it doesn't improve at all, then look into treatment if your self-conscience about it.