Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AutonomousOne1980

Holism vs Manipulationism

if we are in tune with all the natural biological laws of the organism, then im not sure we could ever go wrong. some of what science produces is merely motivated by capitalism and a desire to manipulate nature and have power over health which is then sellable to the public, but what science and medicine should have as a goal is informing people about the laws of the human body, such as staying on a strict light dark cycle and how sugar was only meant to be consumed at a certain time of the year when that plant naturally ripens, a desire to be in tune with nature and then start from there.

Once you start from there, only then should you have any desire to manipulate anything. Lets examine the laws that govern the bodys processes and live by those instead of trying to manipulate all the specifics of one area of the body, its beneficial but to me just seems insane, and im sure everyone here can see the progression of frustration that is common with acne sufferers thats starts with these promises of manipulation with topical crap then antibiotic crap then accutane crap, all just trying to manipulate and control the body without abiding to the very hardcore laws that have always governed all organisms, the sun and the dark. I would really be jumping the gun to claim that this is all there is to the human body i do realize bad genetics are a reality but i also know that genetics arent stationary as is proven by acccutanes effects on the skin. would it really be out of all range of possibility that by just strictly abiding by the light/dark cycles and diet and eliminating stress from the environment through lifestyle and psychological modification be sufficient to reverse disease?? well hopefully in another 3 months of my endless search for a solution that is lasting almost two years, will finally end and i will be able to have that answer for you, but i know that manipulation is never the absolute answer. How many people will i come across that have gone on accutane 3, 4, 5 times even be enough to convince me that science is doing just that, manipulating it.

or perhaps im totally wrong and manipulation IS the only way. i doubt it though.

feel free to add whatever you want to this.

I don't know - the body DOESN'T always do what's best for it. Cancer, for one, is an example of a body turning against itself, against the naturual regulation of what it should be doing. I'm not saying that there ISN'T some very valid points about a holistic approach towards some of life's ills, I just think that being vehemently against all popularized medicine is just as silly as being vehemently against all holistic treatments.

I don't know - the body DOESN'T always do what's best for it. Cancer, for one, is an example of a body turning against itself, against the naturual regulation of what it should be doing. I'm not saying that there ISN'T some very valid points about a holistic approach towards some of life's ills, I just think that being vehemently against all popularized medicine is just as silly as being vehemently against all holistic treatments.

well they suspect many cancers are due to lack of melatonin in the blood, this could be dues to too much stress in your life as cortisol inhibits melatonin production and keeps you from deep sleep, and because of light pollution so even there the REAL cause and therefore cure would be less stress, and better sleep with more exposure to darkness. but yes i do know sometimes the body is just fucked up like that, but stick to the basics first before jumpng to any erroneous unjustified conclusions.

I agree. I believe I wasn't told how to take care of my body the good way (naturally). I was raised on artificial foods and preservatives. When I got into my teen years I had unnatural sleeping patterns. I also wasn't eating enough nor the right things, and this was majorly damaging to my skin. I think I've been dehydrated most my life. I've been stressed. I've abused my face with chemicals.

I don't believe there are 'bad' genetics skin wise. I don't think you have bad genetics if you get lung cancer. I think some people are more susceptible and put their bodies through more crap than others. Our genes have been around longer than our modern lives and they've shown to be incompatible.