Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dipoliotic

Itcy, Flaky Skin

Heya.

I never wash my face. Not even just with water. And I dont because I was completly clear in summer and all I did was eat healthly and get sun:)

Now, back in cold wet england, my skin is itcy and seriously flaky. If i rub the sleeve of my jumper over my forehead my sleeve will be basically white, and my skin is itcy.

How can I stop this?

Thanks Dipo

It's great that eating healthy and getting sun worked so well for you, but really - you should try to wash your face, regardless of how clear you skin is. No need to go on a regimen, but washing your face can help gently exfoliate your skin which would help with the flaking and help keep it clean; the fact that your skin was so good without washing could be attributed to wherever you were when not in England, and things that work in some climates may not in others, so be careful by getting too used to one method.

I'm not sure what more advice I can give other than that, but maybe others will have better things to tell you or have also experienced it. (: Good luck!

Baking soda exfoliates very well.

And just a mild soap will cleanse.

I don't believe in any products made for acne. For me they just irritated my skin and made it worse.