Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whyhellochello

fruitarian...

is anyone a fruitarian?

or just eat a lot of fruit and greens.

do you find this helps your acne/ skin in general.

also..

is anyone vegan? and eat only raw foods?

does this help?

i think im gunna try it.

To me, this sounds like a bad idea (fruitarian).

I would suggest being more like a meatatarian... basically paleo meal plan.

you can pretty much survive on meat and fat alone.

fruits are only meant to be consumed a certain time of the year when they ripen which is usually right before winter months, as i currently understand it. You will probably just have a hard time metabolizing fruit as it may not coincide with the amount of sunlight you are exposed to to crete the proper hormones to metabolize it. light and dark are important to the production of all hormones, it tells us what time of the year it is and what we should be doing, spring time is making love time autumn is gathering food time etc. but we have totally manipulated this natural cycle we have evolved in so that kind of changes alot.

i did a mono fruit diet for a month but i was clear before i started and after so cant say. I wouldnt suggest it long term though. OK for a cleanse but i think long term you would run into problems down the line with a fruitarian diet.

Fruits are carbs . :) and some are high in sugars.

I suggest only eating Berries but in moderation.^^

I only buy strawberries ( frozen ) for my whey.

okay autonomousone....you are going crazy. you did not just write that bullshit

"You will probably just have a hard time metabolizing fruit as it may not coincide with the amount of sunlight you are exposed to to crete the proper hormones to metabolize it"

fruits are only meant to be consumed a certain time of the year when they ripen which is usually right before winter months, as i currently understand it. You will probably just have a hard time metabolizing fruit as it may not coincide with the amount of sunlight you are exposed to to crete the proper hormones to metabolize it. light and dark are important to the production of all hormones, it tells us what time of the year it is and what we should be doing, spring time is making love time autumn is gathering food time etc. but we have totally manipulated this natural cycle we have evolved in so that kind of changes alot.

I have been a fruitarian and meatatarian and both have caused very different types of acne for me. I do best with green veggies (raw) and some fats like olive or coconut oil. I have a little salt and some seasonal fruit like blueberries occasionally or raw shrimp. I just don't think my body does well with heated foods or foods that have been heated (tropical fruit, baked chicken, boiled eggs, pasteurized dairy, roasted nuts). I think too much of anything can cause acne, even something like carrots.

okay autonomousone....you are going crazy. you did not just write that bullshit

"You will probably just have a hard time metabolizing fruit as it may not coincide with the amount of sunlight you are exposed to to crete the proper hormones to metabolize it"

ok, it sounds like bullshit, and its was a general hypothetical statement that may not be entirely true to reality, but consider that cortisol production is signaled by the eyes sensation of light, just as its melatonin production is produced by dark, as far as i remember cortisol plays a role in turning food into energy that can be used, whther this is true i dont know thats why i used the words "may" and "probably". so considering that when fruit naturally ripens enough to eat it in nature its usuallly when the photoperiods are very long, and humans would be the most active, so depending on the season, that would determine which foods you should be eating, and ive heard of people doing this too, but i dont remember the name of the diet. so i hope thats a bit clearer now.

I wouldn't advise fruitarianism long term but I would advocate a raw diet over a high fat/meat diet anyday. Raw greens and raw fats seem to work pretty good more than fruits and raw fats which can be disasterous on your skin...

It works very well for me... If you've got any questions let me know.

I wouldn't advise fruitarianism long term but I would advocate a raw diet over a high fat/meat diet anyday. Raw greens and raw fats seem to work pretty good more than fruits and raw fats which can be disasterous on your skin...

I'm doing pretty much the opposite diet as you :D

At least 65% fat, high eggs high meat diet, it is my favorite thing ever. It is the best tasting diet (you actually lose weight on this eating things like oils, bacon, eggs, cheese, meats... fat really fills you up) and you avoid carbs (less than 25g a day for me) which I think are the biggest contributor to acne in most people. It seems to be working well but it has only been a few days, I will be seeing how it is in a few weeks from now.

Hi there! I've been a vegan for just over 7 months and it's put my once categorized severe cystic/pustule completely out of control acne into mild to moderate acne. It definitely helps with acne and it does wonders for your body! I've lost weight, my hair is shinier than ever, my nails finally grown in strong and healthy, my skin glows and I've never felt better. Proteins and fats you can get from nuts ans seeds and calcium you can get from soy, figs, leafy greens, etc.. This is the best decision I ever made because my acne was mostly diet related (genetic too, but my diet blew it out of proportion). I'm actually hoping on going raw soon. Good luck on your quest to eradicate your acne!

At least 65% fat, high eggs high meat diet, it is my favorite thing ever. It is the best tasting diet (you actually lose weight on this eating things like oils, bacon, eggs, cheese, meats... fat really fills you up) and you avoid carbs (less than 25g a day for me) which I think are the biggest contributor to acne in most people. It seems to be working well but it has only been a few days, I will be seeing how it is in a few weeks from now.

take note that animals back in the day were wild, with very litle fat on them, so im not so sure all that fat is so great.

I get most of my calories from raw fruits (I'd say close to 80% on average). I wouldn't advocate fruitarianism (or any -ism for that matter) because you need greens also. Fruits with plenty of raw greens seems to be a workable combination.

Works fantastically work me. And I advice it for my customers. The feedback I get is overwhelmingly positive. Yes, there are some people to whom it doesn't work (for whatever reason), but most of the feedback I get is positive. I also get few people coming from paleo diet. Many of them find high-carb diet less restricting than paleo. That they have more freedom and more choice. But I'm sure there are people who think just the opposite also.

This is my idea of optimal diet. But since I don't want to turn this into another one of acne.org's 'food fights' here's what I've learned about diets. Cut out the processed crap and eat only whole foods in their natural state and you are 80% there. That alone makes you feel so much better.

How you want to do it and where you want to go from there... that's up to you. And there are many options for doing so.

And yes, I'm probably deficient in 700 minerals, 2000 vitamins and just about to fade away due to lack of protein. I'm aware of that, so no need to bring it up :lol:

Great that it works for you. I hope you continue to get the results you want :)

take note that animals back in the day were wild, with very litle fat on them, so im not so sure all that fat is so great.

Sorry, but this is not correct. It's true that sometimes their muscle meat was lean, however you are forgetting that 'back in the day' humans ate the entire animal. Muscle, skin, bone and organ tissues which are full of fat and cholesterol (and coincidentally have the most nutrients!) Bone marrow, tongue and brain are very high in fat and were considered the most valuable parts for that reason.

Sorry, but this is not correct. It's true that sometimes their muscle meat was lean, however you are forgetting that 'back in the day' humans ate the entire animal. Muscle, skin, bone and organ tissues which are full of fat and cholesterol (and coincidentally have the most nutrients!) Bone marrow, tongue and brain are very high in fat and were considered the most valuable parts for that reason.

good point, but do you think the fat from a sedantary animal would be of a different composition then say from the brain of an active one eating food within its own ecosystem as opposed to grain???