Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GFoed020

Starting to Question if the Regimen is for me

I've just passed week 3 and I'm not seeing much improvement. In fact, it seems like I'm getting more pimples than usual, and they are much larger than before. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard to stick with something that is making your acne worse. Do I need to start thinking about stopping?

Definately don't stop. It can take up to a few months for it to actually get you clear unfortunately. But, it's well worth the wait. Don't stop unless you've been using this for 3 months and notice no improvements.

Right now, I'm on day 16. The first week my face was nearly 100% clear and just healing up from the old pimples, but then I started breaking out like crazy. I think you and me both are still in the "purging phase."

it took me about 3-4 months to really see improvements. before that, i broke out a few times and my face was constantly red. but about the 4th month, i lowered the dosage for the BP and moisturizer so that might've also contributed to my improvement.

i would say stick with it.

I've just passed week 3 and I'm not seeing much improvement. In fact, it seems like I'm getting more pimples than usual, and they are much larger than before. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard to stick with something that is making your acne worse. Do I need to start thinking about stopping?

I've read in a lot of different places that it takes an average of 2 months for a treatment to really start working (but it may be either longer or shorter depending on the person). Hang in there! It will get better...

Don't give up! My skin was clearing up really slowly and I had this NASTY patch of cysts and nodules and they only started to clear up in week 3. Keep at it, and be VERY gentle with your skin when you're washing/BP-ing/moisturizing. No extra steps, no extra products until you're clear!

I agree with the consensus, those pimples were going to come out sooner or later. Don't blame the BP! I wanted to too, in the beginning. I'm in the middle of week 3, keep at it!

By the way, I don't know about you, but as soon as I stopped caring, I got better much faster. Sleeping on more regular hours (aka, going to bed before midnight) and getting at LEAST 7 hours gives your skin a much higher turnover rate. Higher turnover rate=more time to get rid of acne!

Good luck!