Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daisy B.

Pulse-Dye Lasar

I need to find out more information on pulse-dye laser treatments. I'm on accutane and I've heard you can still get them, I'm looking into it and I've emailed a couple of treatment centers in my area about it and I will be speaking to my dermatologiest, but I was wondering if any of you had any feedback. I'm just looking to get rid of my red marks. And I just realized I spelled laser wrong in the title. Oops!

Hi---I keep coming across people from Indiana on here tonight..... :D

I too am from Indiana. I have had Intense Pulsed Light treatments. My fifth one yesterday. It's made no difference at all in my redness or pigmentation problems. I believe pulsed light is a bit different than IPL. I've spent $1000 on IPL's and it hasn't helped. I wouldn't suggest going to any of the day spas around Indy. I would get it done in a "doctor's office" setting. I've got a couple of suggestions of doctors in the Indianapolis area if you are interested.

Also, here is in my initial post as far as my acne story....

www.acne.org/messageboard/Girls-acne-t219406.html&pid=2474727#entry2474727

So the laser didn't help your redness at all? Do you know anything about other laser treatments, that have been effective for treating discoloration?

I don't know if you're doing the "daily maintenance" tane or are on the 4-5 month course. That does make a difference IMHO. My opinion if you're on the 5 month course is NO WAY, not until you've gotten all the Tane out of your system which I think is around 3-4 months after the course. There's a lot of info on the org about redness, the one I used successfully is Mederma cream (there's a generic form at both Rite Aid and Walgreen's), PM me if any questions on it. There's also more than one Laser for redness, but def go to a derm who's experienced and keep in mind Lasers have gotten better.

Thanks Barry! Yeah, I'm about a month into a five month course. I heard that you can use that particular laser on skin even while on accutane and I wanted to see what other people had to say. I have an apointment with my dermatologist tomorrow so I'll be talking to her about it then.

You might try triluma...triluma.com. It's mainly for brown pigmentation problems, but it has a retinoid in it which helps with pigmentation usually. Plus, retinoids are sometimes good for helping speeding up red mark fading. But not always so, some people retinoids make redness worse and can't be tolerated. Or retin-a might help too.

Hi---I keep coming across people from Indiana on here tonight..... :D

I too am from Indiana. I have had Intense Pulsed Light treatments. My fifth one yesterday. It's made no difference at all in my redness or pigmentation problems. I believe pulsed light is a bit different than IPL. I've spent $1000 on IPL's and it hasn't helped. I wouldn't suggest going to any of the day spas around Indy. I would get it done in a "doctor's office" setting. I've got a couple of suggestions of doctors in the Indianapolis area if you are interested.

Also, here is in my initial post as far as my acne story....

www.acne.org/messageboard/Girls-acne-t219406.html&pid=2474727#entry2474727