Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucky girl

Just popped a pimple

I have had a blind pimple coming up for the last couple of days. I just applied a tiny bit of pressure to the side of it and it popped. What should I do to calm the inflamation now and try to avoid it getting bigger?

Wash it gently and then apply whatever acne medication you usually do (BP, or small amounts of SA). If it' an open wound, apply a teeeny-tiiiiny bit of Neosporin on it and then leave it be, generally.

Ibuprofen gel is VERY effective at reducing inflammation (its an anti-inflammatory) and I always find it a good way to help calm down an angry spot.

Well I iced it and then put on Eryacne gel which is what I've been prescribed to spot treat. I is little better this morning selling wise however it has a scb on it. I think I just have to leave it from this point. I might ice it again after my shower.

put on a good thick layer of neosporin. I had a huge zit when i ceased to follow my yogurt regime and after i popped it, i put on neosporin. a few days later, it was gone.

neosporin will help kill the bacteria and prevent scarring.

better to be safe than sorry.

leave it alone. i know that sounds hard but i think playing with it too much and continuing to put treatments on it will just irritate it.