Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misselizabeth

People should say what they're thinking...

I just thought I'd post a kinda random thought... You know when you're minding your own business on the train or something and you look up and see a few people studying your face/looking at you in disgust and you just want the ground to swallow you up...well, I was wondering, would you rather these people actually said or asked something like "I'm looking at your acne, because I think it's disgusting" or "what's wrong with your face?" or would you rather them not say anything and instead you're thinking about what they could be thinking? Because personally, I would rather have people explain to me why they are looking at me or ask me something than have thoughts in my head like "she thinks I have acne, because I have some disease" or something like that. Because really, I doubt everyone is thinking "urgh, that's sick" because there might be (possibly??? somewhere out there?) some people who are thinking "oh, she has nice ... eyes" or something like that but because they don't say it, I think EVERYONE who looks at me is thinking nasty thoughts. Anyone else feel like this? Sorry if this is hard to follow, I'm a bit random! :D

Gah, I have this same problem! Where I always think that if someone is studying my face it's because they notice my acne and are totally grossed out by it - but that's just our own minds trying to bring us down.

It would be nice for people to have to be really open and honest about it, I guess. You could try smiling at them and see if they smile back or look embarassed; I think that would be a good teller of if they were thinking something bad or good.

As for the original post, I have a thought that's related to it. Just a different scenario. Well alright depending how you look at it, it could relate to the orig. post or it could be way far off out of the ballpark. But here goes.

When people view your 'member profile' thing on here, the majority of them don't comment to say why they decided to click on your name.

Now don't get me wrong, I've done the same.

But it'd be interesting if you HAD to comment once you view someone's profile.

I always wonder why in the world they had the interest to view my profile.

I don't know.

Just a thought.

Think they might be looking at you cause you're pretty? :wub:

You're only thinking negatively. People stare at eachother all the time. Mostly, I think positively, and it's probably because I'm something to look at or I'm just pretty.

Do you stare at ugly people? Or the disabled? I don't :/ and I don't see others do it. But when someone really hot walks by, everyone stares.

So there you have it.

One time I saw a dwarf sitting across from me and I thought "Oh hey cool that's something different" and you know as I was eating my sandwich alone at my table I was glancing around and every time I looked at her table while she was talking to her friends, she was looking over at me.

I couldn't help but wonder if she thought that I thought she was ugly or weird because of her height and I was only looking over there because of that, or if our eyes only met at the same time, or if I was just over analyzing the situation.

All I think it was was her being insecure. I mean she was right in front of me and I had nothing to look at. :( Oh well. It's stuff like that that makes you consider your own insecurities that you shouldn't worry about.

Honestly I hate it when people say what their thinking when they look at my acne. It makes me really mad because they think "well maybe if you washed your face you wouldn't have that problem" or something so ignorant like that. When people say stuff like that you always assume that when people look at you they are thinking about your face. I really hate it when little kids do it too because they dont understand how hurtfull it is. And people dont understand and tell you why dont you just use this or something, dont they realized that if it fucking worked then I would use it, Do you actually think i want this on my face!!!

sorry i just had to vent, people just dont understand how much it lowers your self esteem.

Think they might be looking at you cause you're pretty? :wub:

You're only thinking negatively. People stare at eachother all the time. Mostly, I think positively, and it's probably because I'm something to look at or I'm just pretty.

Do you stare at ugly people? Or the disabled? I don't :/ and I don't see others do it. But when someone really hot walks by, everyone stares.

So there you have it.

Exactly. I only stare at someone if they're really hot/beautiful. on the other hand i make a point of looking away from people who have severe acne or something else that I think they might be selfconscious about, because I don't want them to think I'm a jerk! But yeah there are definitely jerks out there who probably do stare at acne because they have no idea what it feels like to have it, but to me you look very pretty misselizabeth and i bet there are more people looking at you because of that than because of your acne :D

It helps to just assume everybody's looking at you cause you're so gorgeous, that's what I do, haha. then any jerks just see your self confidence!

The thing I used to hate was when kids would stare.

Little kids and there's nothing you can say or do other than smile at them.

Pretty much the only thing that got me through my bad acne patch (other than ro-acc lol) was thinking about the future. Nobody remembers the past when your acne free. I remember being 17 and wishing I could see what i'd look like in 3/4 years time.

Here I am, pretty much spot free and a whole other person. Funnily enough I don't regret getting the cysts when I did, or the resulting 5 months where I was almost a recluse. I was a right cock before acne, full of myself and treated many girlfriends and people like shit just because I could and didn't care.

Karma fucked me up but it also shaped me up to be a much better person and I'm glad I went through what I did.

Wowha, sorry, went a little off topic there. This is the first time I've been into emo and psy for a few years and it all kinda poured out.

I would just stop thinking like that or your always going to be self conscious about yourself.....Who cares about what ppl say about you.... I don't really know why ppl comment on other ppl about there acne its not like they have complete control over it.....I mean If they could stop there acne do you REALLY think they would have acne....

I just thought I'd post a kinda random thought... You know when you're minding your own business on the train or something and you look up and see a few people studying your face/looking at you in disgust and you just want the ground to swallow you up...well, I was wondering, would you rather these people actually said or asked something like "I'm looking at your acne, because I think it's disgusting" or "what's wrong with your face?" or would you rather them not say anything and instead you're thinking about what they could be thinking? Because personally, I would rather have people explain to me why they are looking at me or ask me something than have thoughts in my head like "she thinks I have acne, because I have some disease" or something like that. Because really, I doubt everyone is thinking "urgh, that's sick" because there might be (possibly??? somewhere out there?) some people who are thinking "oh, she has nice ... eyes" or something like that but because they don't say it, I think EVERYONE who looks at me is thinking nasty thoughts. Anyone else feel like this? Sorry if this is hard to follow, I'm a bit random! :D

how come you think they are saying that? Just cuz they are looking at you doesnt mean they are thinking about you. Most of the time its just a glance. and even when people do stare at you most likely they are not thinking about how your skin looks. lol truly. People who do that have too much fuking time up their vain asses

The thing I used to hate was when kids would stare.

Little kids and there's nothing you can say or do other than smile at them.

Pretty much the only thing that got me through my bad acne patch (other than ro-acc lol) was thinking about the future. Nobody remembers the past when your acne free. I remember being 17 and wishing I could see what i'd look like in 3/4 years time.

Here I am, pretty much spot free and a whole other person. Funnily enough I don't regret getting the cysts when I did, or the resulting 5 months where I was almost a recluse. I was a right cock before acne, full of myself and treated many girlfriends and people like shit just because I could and didn't care.

Karma fucked me up but it also shaped me up to be a much better person and I'm glad I went through what I did.

Wowha, sorry, went a little off topic there. This is the first time I've been into emo and psy for a few years and it all kinda poured out.

wow i feel the same way i think. I think if i had perfect skin i would be one of those vain and arrogant cocks who would never understand what people go through in how they appear.

oh my god..i know exactly how you feel/what you are talking about. I had acne a year ago and even though it was mild and at one point moderate I literally tried to hide from people. Every time someone stared at me all I could think about was how they must be looking at my disgusting face. What is strange is that even though now i am totally clear, every time people stare at me I think they're thinking something is wrong with me. It would be more comforting to me if someone was like "yuck you are so gross" rather than stare.

but misselizabeth honestly you look so pretty in your avatar picture, I bet that's why they are staring!:)