Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on Accutane...twice. The acne comes back.

I have been on Yasmin for over four years. I still have cystic acne.

I have used Differin, Clindamyacin, Benzoyl Peroxide, Hydrogen Peroxide, Microdermabrasion, Chemical peels, Proactiv, AcneFree, Witch Hazel, Minocyclin, Spironolactone,...you could say I have tried EVERYTHING.

Well, I am at end's meet, and am convinced that my acne is caused by internal, not external, factors. After spending a great deal of time researching the holistic approaches that so many of you have taken, I am starting my own little experiment. For the next month, my diet will look like this:

*NO Gluten (I am already gluten-free)

*NO Soy

*NO Corn (this includes high fructose corn syrup, etc.)

*NO Dairy (eggs are okay)

*NO Sugar (this includes honey, cane sugar, sweet-n-low, etc., only stevia allowed)

I will take:

DIM

Taurine

Fish oil

Multi-vitamin

Calcium/Mag/Vitamin D

L-Carnitine

I will drink one gallon of water per day, some servings with Apple Cider Vinegar, so that I consume about 5 teaspoons a day.

I will only eat hormone-free, organic meats; my fruit intake will be limited, and I will consume an ample amount of vegetables.

I will not drink any soda, but I will allow myself one cup of coffee per day.

I will exercise at least four times a week, sleep for at least 9 hours per night, keep my stress levels in check, and try to get some sun every now and then.

Does anyone have any suggestions or things they would add?

Wish me luck...I will keep you all posted. :surprised:

ya ive tried gluten free and diary free.

my ass

have fun for that whole month.. u will lose like 20 pounds...i lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks unwanted just from no bread or dairy. simply cuz i couldnt find any foods free of them.

ya ive tried gluten free and diary free.

my ass

have fun for that whole month.. u will lose like 20 pounds...i lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks unwanted just from no bread or dairy. simply cuz i couldnt find any foods free of them.

well i already am gluten free---i am allergic.

so you did lose weight? hm, that'd be a nice side effect.

but how did your acne do?

i cant even say. my skin heals random i cant find out wut cuases or how to heal it for real.

ive gone gluten free about 4 times for 2 week periods. Ive gotten almost 100 % clear from doing it twice. the other two times didnt do much. Another time i went all out and ate so much gluten and shitty foods and got almost 100% clear again. so i cant say

i can say i have gotten clear from gluten free. But i cant live that little eating and losing so much weight...i am a guy

I found dairy free helped my skin a lot. Same thing with avoiding artificial sweeteners like refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup (I stick with honey for the most part). Drinking water is wonderful. Juice fasting regularly helps out too.

Gluten/Soy/Dairy/Corn/Sugar Free is oneee long list ;) but i'm sure you can do it.

i've been gluten free for a couple months now. i've always been dairy free since i was little from being lactose intolerant. corn, well it's an inflammatory and keep out my diet.

sugar.. i only get that from fruits and it's rare i eat fruits.

i hope you aren't haven't a hard time with being gluten free! there are a lot of helpful sites out there.

i'm not soy free. i probably could do it since i like rice/almond milks but i never thought of doing it.

Careful with those supplements...why don't you try dietary changes first and see how you do? Then add supplements one at a time...i guess if you're doing well then it's ok..good luck!

Careful with those supplements...why don't you try dietary changes first and see how you do? Then add supplements one at a time...i guess if you're doing well then it's ok..good luck!

Which supplements??? Could they cause acne?? AHHH. My skin is breaking out so bad. But I reallly think that SUGAR is the culprit. Gotta love that holiday food... :(

Sugar is bad! The foods I eat regularly are green and red peppers, zucchini, carrots, lettuce, celery, olive oil, fish or chicken that I broil and bake, seasoning like sea salt, black pepper, and green dried herbs. This is delicious, I also have to avoid most fruit. I can eat any green, leafy veg and I can eat wild blueberries.

I am losing a lot of weight, but it is to be expected when cutting out refined dairy and grains.

I also steer clear of nuts and seeds.

I never take supplements. Not to toot my own horn, but my skin is like glass. If I get embarrassed or bend down to pick something up, or cuddle up, my cheeks turns bright, healthy pink.

Sugar is bad! The foods I eat regularly are green and red peppers, zucchini, carrots, lettuce, celery, olive oil, fish or chicken that I broil and bake, seasoning like sea salt, black pepper, and green dried herbs. This is delicious, I also have to avoid most fruit. I can eat any green, leafy veg and I can eat wild blueberries.

I am losing a lot of weight, but it is to be expected when cutting out refined dairy and grains.

I also steer clear of nuts and seeds.

I never take supplements. Not to toot my own horn, but my skin is like glass. If I get embarrassed or bend down to pick something up, or cuddle up, my cheeks turns bright, healthy pink.

The problem with my food regimen is that i get so sick of eating the same foods over and over again, BUT it does amount to weight loss and clear skin. I guess there must be some give and take, right?

What is your reason for not eating soy and corn. Are you allergic to them or do you just choose not to eat them?

good lord, i would die on that diet. i already weigh 92 lbs (too underweight for my liking...5'3'') with this insatiable appetite that i seem to have.

the dieet your on now is almost the same as the candida diet (except that you take fruit). It is highly possible you have candida nonetheless. What your actually doing with your diet is improving your digestion and kill the candida, which will give big improvement in the long end. You should try read about the candida diet. Nightsdisguise gave me a great site (its a litte bit long but take your time); http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/candida/index.php

if you have questions i would be happy to answer. good luck!

Wow, thats amazing. I cant believe I came across this post. I registered here about 4 years ago but have rarely come back. Just recently when i was looking at whether gum affects PCOS acne I found this thread (not even related, thats what you get when you rely on google)

You have mirrored what my life has been like for about 2 years.

No sugar

No dairy

No red meat and chicken

No wheat

No grains

No yeast

My diet consists of vegetables, fruits, eggs and fish. Yes. That is all

I do mainly 4 exercise classes a week, except at times i only do 3 because I dont feel like it.

I tried so many things to rid myself of hormonal acne (PCOS related) You may have pcos also.

My mother refused i take accutane (due to reports of depression & suicidal thoughts) But i have been to acupuncturists, doctors, dermintologists, naturapaths.

What worked very mildly was the herbs i got from the naturapath and "hormone liquid.

I will tell you the absolute truth. There is no cure, the closest thing i have gotten to perfection is eliminating the food listed above which decreased my horrible cystic acne (it was really bad, pusy, swolen and just red everywhere) by 80% i say. Yep thats it. removing food and losing weight.

Let me tell you however, I now have been on this diet for 2 years. I have severe OCD and dont want to touch any food I do not eat because i believe it will cause acne. I dont want people to touch me, im afraid to eat infront of people. I am much better off now than i was at school but jee whiz there must be a better way!

Good luck to you lovely. I am here, I have your problem. You are not alone! I wish i knew you, have a nice day :)

Edited by darkly

i know this post is old but i came across it and felt many of the same feelings you guys have all talked about regarding boredom and food...I've recently cut out dairy, gluten, wheat, grains, sugar..I have been using rice milk to eat my cereal and mainly live on fruits, vegetables, meat and chicken...i do not eat fish of any kind...Im struggling with finding things to eat in between meals...im afraid to try any nuts or seeds for fear of breaking out...ive been doing this for almost three months and things are better but im not where i want to be in terms of "skin happiness"..Some days i break out in welt like bumps and other days nothing...i need some recipes and food ideas...thanks