Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've delt with acne for the past few years :( sadly enough it's getting worse it seems.

I start Accutane in about a month which is honestly keeping me sane... But I wonder, how do you make yourself get out of the house when you feel like you can't be seen by anyone? Yeah, there's makeup but it always looks bad on me... the color seems off and I hate feeling as if I have this mask on. My poor husband seems so sad to see me this way, but i don't know what to do. I can't stay inside through the entire course of accutane... what do I do? I need to work so I can make money to pay for the treatment....but how do you overcome all the feelings of self conciousness and embarassment???

The best way to live normally is to just try to live normally. Cheesy and cliche - and most certaintly not easy - but true. On the days when I feel I can't do anything right, I ask myself "If it weren't for fear, what would I be doing right now?" And then I do my best to do just that.

Something that helps me on my bad days is me saying "Make positive effort for the good." Like Lenzpop said, even if it doesn't feel like I'm doing it, make some kind of optmisitic move for the day. Just one, and then another.

Please know that you're not alone anymore. We're here to help you.

Exactly! And try to think long term as well, in the short run, it's always difficult to get through but if you focus on the long term, like 6 months to 1 year from now, it could be easier on your souls. If you really have to go outside to work everyday, you don't want to beat yourself up emotionally, just think the fact that you're doing everything you can to treat it and not ignore it is already commendable, plus this condition won't be forever as the treatment rounds up its course. Just remember to focus on the long term instead of short term, I hope you'll do fine.

i get the same feeling all the time..trying to go through the day with acne on my face, its tough and i really hate it..like elsewhere and lenpopz said you jus gotta be optimistic even when you are feelin like really really down...i remember like 2 years back in junior year of high school, i used to before school started count down the hours of school till i can go back to my room and be alone so noone could seee me..sad but true...somewhere reason it used to help me bc i would look forward to being alone in my room and it help me get through the day..kinda unhealthy but it helped me

jus be optimistic!

i know exactly how you feel. i was sooo excited to start accutane.. thinking my skin would clear up right away, but it has only gotten worse. i hide inside whenever possible and have avoided a lot of opportunites for fun. but when i DO have to go somewhere, like work or school.... i dread it. i just put on my makeup and try to look as decent as possible. but when i am finally out of the house, its not so bad. i spend so much time worrying about how i look, that when i AM in front on classmates and coworkers, i still hide my face. but you know what? they arent even looking at my skin.... im the only one that is worried about it. yet still, im sitting at home on a friday night

okay so like tonite i went to atlantic city with my friends and i kinda let it out in the open that i know my skin isnt at its best and i told all of my friends that im on accutane. i mean, i never try to hide anything. i find that just letting it all out in the open is the best way. i joke about it. i tell my girlfriends that i have youthful skin (bc its like a teenager going thru puberty haha). but like tonite, i got dolled up, threw on some makeup. yea i wish i didnt have to wear so much bronzer or whatnot, but it is what it is, and i just accept it. no one is going to be like omg her skin is so shitty, im gona go tell her.

like, i had my nose fixed for my 18th birthday a few years ago, and for like 2 weeks after i had to wear a drip pad under my nose to catch the blood and yuck that drained, and it looked like a bloody little mustache thing haha and i would go to school, and h.s. football games, and i guess i am just so far past caring what other people think that it doesnt even phase me. so in terms of the crappy skin. just get in the mindset, you're married, you're loved, and not for your skin, but for how awesome you are.

Went to work for the 1st time in a long time today. All you guys are so encouraging and it's nice because I know you understand where I'm coming from... not just saying it to make me feel better, you can relate.

So yeah. I just did what I could... (my makeup to the best of my ability... or should i say to the best of my skins ability.lol) and I just went on with my day. And it's true about not thinking long term. Now I'm just thinking, "one day at a time". I know acne is serious, especially emotionally, but then I think of how blessed I really am and I have to thank God. Hopefully someday it will all be behind me. and hopefully behind all of ya'll too.

Thanks guys!