Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone tried Kefir in their path to become more healthy and get rid of acne? If I don't care about using Pasteurized dairy would Yogurt have the same effect?

Has anyone tried Kefir in their path to become more healthy and get rid of acne? If I don't care about using Pasteurized dairy would Yogurt have the same effect?

It's going to be an individual thing, but personally Kefir has been a godsend for me. I'm sure you've read up on the benefits of it but also be sure if you can to get as close as you can to raw, grass-fed, organic kefir.

I'm in Canada so raw is out of the question but there is a great biodynamic brand that's pasteurized whole milk and live active cultures; the cows are pasture-fed in the summer and I think are fed silage in the winter.

Yogurt and Kefir carry different health benefits; they depend on the cultures in the product itself. Just looking at both the whole milk kefir and yogurt for me kefir is a little higher in some of the B vitamins. Both could potentially be beneficial for you if you're ok with dairy *BUT* be sure to A) get as close as you can to raw & grass-fed dairy and B) look for plain, no sugar added (ingredients should just be: milk (or pasturized milk), live active cultures or something along those lines).

I make my own raw kefir and drink a liter everyday. I dont think dairy ever impacted my skin to be honest so I cant say whether its good for someone who is sensitive to dairy. I think its worth a shot though.

After reading Leo's acne e-book it says that you need electrically charged protein to help make nutrients bio available, which means it has to be unpasteurized.

it's funny, I used to be sure that dairy was one of the things that broke me out. I recently started taking my fish oil capsules with a shot of kefir and I've been almost entirely clear for the last two weeks. I think it has something to do with emulsifying the fats, or something else that is completely over my head. Either way, kefir has helped me.