Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnejean

burt bee's radiance serum

i have read reviews where they rave about this serum but then i read:

Water , Glycerin , Alcohol Denat. , Royal Jelly , Licorice Root Extract - Glycyrrhiza Glabra , Glucose , Xanthan Gum , Sodium Chloride , Glucose Oxidase , Lactoperoxidase , Caramel

i google sodium chloride and it has a high pore clogging rating but then another place says it's not true.

anyone know?

Sodium chloride is quite simply salt (which i'm sure you already know) It's probably added as A) a natural preservative B) a natural disinfectant c) a thickening agent

As far as I know salt cannot clog pores as our sweat is full of the stuff and that flows freely!

Also salt can draw water out of their cells by something called osmosis, a process that is also used to stop toxins, and infection in body piercings.

Hope that helps!

I've used this serum myself (I sell Burt's Bees so got to sample it when it came out this year) and it's great, it's a non oily formula which is good for my skin as the oil based serums they do just sit on my skin.

I can recommend it for troubled skin!

post-89884-1228858490_thumb.jpg

post-89884-1228858490_thumb.jpg

Sodium chloride is quite simply salt (which i'm sure you already know) It's probably added as A) a natural preservative B) a natural disinfectant c) a thickening agent

As far as I know salt cannot clog pores as our sweat is full of the stuff and that flows freely!

Also salt can draw water out of their cells by something called osmosis, a process that is also used to stop toxins, and infection in body piercings.

Hope that helps!

I've used this serum myself (I sell Burt's Bees so got to sample it when it came out this year) and it's great, it's a non oily formula which is good for my skin as the oil based serums they do just sit on my skin.

I can recommend it for troubled skin!

oh ok thanks for the response and information. i am a little scared putting anything other than jojoba oil on my face!

i put it under my eyes since it becomes so dry. maybe i'll venture down a little future and see if ibreak out

I am concerned about the high content of alcohol denat. witch can irritate and dry out your skin.