Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
b00

Starting a no chocolate, no stress diet.

Since my parents keep accusing me of getting these so-called "red bumps" on my face due to the fact that I consume "unreasonable" amounts of chocolate, and because I get "stressed out" and "pissed off" so easily, I've decided to somewhat follow their advice for a month to hopefully prove them wrong.

Hopefully.

Although I know the whole chocolate thing is a myth, acne is different for everyone, so it could possibly be that something in chocolate makes me break out. I don't think it's going to work though.

However, for the "stressed" and "pissed" part, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep that up for. But I know it has been indicated to cause several to break out, so who knows. Maybe in a month I'll have clear skin.

Ha. Aha.

Anyone wanna do this "test" with me? Haha

I'll need support, since chocolate was my bff since I was 4. :cry:

Since my parents keep accusing me of getting these so-called "red bumps" on my face due to the fact that I consume "unreasonable" amounts of chocolate, and because I get "stressed out" and "pissed off" so easily, I've decided to somewhat follow their advice for a month to hopefully prove them wrong.

Hopefully.

Although I know the whole chocolate thing is a myth, acne is different for everyone, so it could possibly be that something in chocolate makes me break out. I don't think it's going to work though.

However, for the "stressed" and "pissed" part, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep that up for. But I know it has been indicated to cause several to break out, so who knows. Maybe in a month I'll have clear skin.

Ha. Aha.

I'm actually doing something similar at the moment. No chocolate during the week, and only in moderation at the weekends. Well, I couldn't possibly have given it up completely! ;) Overall, I'm just trying to be healthy, and not eat too much junk. I've also been trying to get more sleep, which hasn't been working very well because I'm under serious pressure at school (which doesn't help with the whole stress issue either!).

So far, I've seen a slight improvement, but I'm also on Minocin atm so it could just be that kicking in. I guess it can't do me much harm to be healthier! Hope this works for you. Although, if it does, it means you might have to give up chocolate! :o I don't think I could do that!

Good Luck anyway!

Eat cacao beans instead!

It's full of anti-oxidants without the refined sugar and it's good for acne methinks. You might have to acquire the taste. ;)

Hopefully.

Ha. Aha.

I'm actually doing something similar at the moment. No chocolate during the week, and only in moderation at the weekends. Well, I couldn't possibly have given it up completely! ;) Overall, I'm just trying to be healthy, and not eat too much junk. I've also been trying to get more sleep, which hasn't been working very well because I'm under serious pressure at school (which doesn't help with the whole stress issue either!).

So far, I've seen a slight improvement, but I'm also on Minocin atm so it could just be that kicking in. I guess it can't do me much harm to be healthier! Hope this works for you. Although, if it does, it means you might have to give up chocolate! :o I don't think I could do that!

Good Luck anyway!

:( I knowwww. It's the love of my life. Haha. Ah well :/ If my face becomes super clear, I'd actually gladly give it up.

When you said "Minocin" did you mean minocycline?

If you did, ....I'm on that too :o ... hahaha.

And I'm also not sure how I'm going to keep stress away since I have things in every direction that make me want to explode.

Eat cacao beans instead!

It's full of anti-oxidants without the refined sugar and it's good for acne methinks. You might have to acquire the taste. ;)

Bleh! D:

Well...If I see it in the market next time I go, I'll see if I can pick them up. Hahaha. Thanks :)

:( I knowwww. It's the love of my life. Haha. Ah well :/ If my face becomes super clear, I'd actually gladly give it up.

And I'm also not sure how I'm going to keep stress away since I have things in every direction that make me want to explode.

Yup, it's the same thing. I think it's just a different company that makes it over here (Ireland). That's a coincidence that we're both on it and staying away from chocolate! :D

I've only been doing this for two weeks, but I've already found myself caving! My friends offer me a piece of chocolate, and I can't say no! I tell myself I'm just trying to be polite... :naughty:

Anyway, keep updating on how you get on. It'll be interesting to see if it works for either of us!

Yup, it's the same thing. I think it's just a different company that makes it over here (Ireland). That's a coincidence that we're both on it and staying away from chocolate! :D

I've only been doing this for two weeks, but I've already found myself caving! My friends offer me a piece of chocolate, and I can't say no! I tell myself I'm just trying to be polite... :naughty:

Anyway, keep updating on how you get on. It'll be interesting to see if it works for either of us!

Hahah that's so wierd! But cool.

Same, when I was offered about a dozen Lindt chocolates yesterday, and of COURSE I didn't say no! I mean they're Lindts! The best kind around!

:( Bleh.

Yes, I'll try to keep updating on it. :)

The myth about chocolate is that the cocoa itself doesn't cause acne, but that doesn't say anything about the refined chocolates, with added sugars and other ingredients, that everyone has all the time.

Dark Chocolate is healthier :)

many breaks out from chocolate cause it has milk in it...

and Many people do break out from milk... not to much though.

=}

But dark chocolate has sugars added.. so is bad too hehe.

Some people don't react to the sugars tho, like me. I eat loads of dark chocolate, I find it delicious.

Like everything with acne, it totally depends on the person. I know people who swears that if they eat even one piece of chocolate they will have a breakout the next day. Personally, I'm not going to give up chocolate anytime soon. My appetite is far from good and the extra calories in chocolate comes in handy. Also, chocolate is one of the main things in my life keeping me alive and away from suicidal thoughts.

I think your parents are just trying to trick you to become a calmer and less stressed out person. However, they do have a point saying stress has an impact on acne. What you can do to reduce stress is try to get enough sleep and not think it's the end of the world if you fail a test in school or if you have a fight with a friend. You can always retake the test and you can make peace with your friend the next day, when you both have calmed down.

Don't mean to be pessimistic, but neither of my teachers this year let you do that.

The thing that's stressing me out like nobody's business right about now is this huge research paper due on Dec. 3rd.

I'm scared to no end.

Hopefully.

Ha. Aha.

sugar is pretty unhealthy for you, its meant to eaten a certain time of the year for brief periods when the days are long and you are outside hunting and searching for some loving before the winter. but these days food comes whenever you want it, natures natural cycles have been diminished.