Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skibob

Dry around mouth

I started using the regimen that I bought here and i was curious if anyone has the problems i am having so far...

Dryness around the mouth, sorta below my cheeks

itching after completing the regimen

also i was hoping that someone could offer advice as to what i can put on to help with the dryness??

thanks!

maybe use a bit more moisturizer in the dry areas, i found the spots above my eye brows were getting really dry and extra moisturerizer helped quite a bit.

i think the itching is just your skin adjusting to BP, try not to scratch lol.

i dont really have this problem, but it sounds like people have had a lot of positive results from the jojoba oil, especially around sensitive areas like the eyes and mouth regions. if the normal moisturizer doesnt work, maybe give the jojoba a try.

The sides of my mouth are the first place to get flaky when my skin gets dry. My favorite weapons against flakiness are Dan's moisturizer, jojoba oil, and regular use of AHA lotion. Try using less BP for now until the dryness isn't so bad, too.

That's where my face gets the most dry too. I use Cetaphil moisturizer and put a little extra around my mouth, like 2 coats of it (make sure it's not so much that your face gets oily). It helps a lot, and put moisturizer on at night too.

I also have flakiness in that area. When I first started, it was very very dry...now its not so much. What i do is, I put 10 drops of jojoba oil after i apply the bp, spread it around. Then, I do one pump of dan's moisturizer and add 2 drops of jojoba oil and it helped. I only did this at night.. since it makes your face look soooo oily. During the morning I appy 5 drops of jojoba with the moisturizer. I put more around the dryer areas.