Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whitelotus

Will my acne EVER clear?!?!? Please help!!

So Ive had acne since I turned 13. It completely flared up when I first turned that age, then died down and was very mild for years up until this point!! Now that I turned 18 it has gotten out of control!! I had a bad breakout on my forehead and on my cheeks. Before this my face was pretty much clear!! So I was prescribed Differin at night, Clindamycin in the morning, and 2x a day Doryx antibiotics. Its been a month, and being on this medication is like a roller coaster!! It clears somewhat, then flares up. Then it clears, and then it flares up again!! Im so devastated...Its been a month now and Im wondering if it will ever clear. Im also taking Ortho-tri-cyclen lo birth control for PCOS. Please help!!

My regimen:

Morning: Wash with Shiseido White lucent cleanser

Tone with Kose Sekkisei lotion

Apply Clindamycin gel/ take Doryx 100 mg

Put Neutrogena daily moisturizer spf 45

Night: Remove makeup with Ponds cold cream

Use Neutrogena oil free acne wash, diluted with Shiseido White lucent

Apply Differin, .1%, take Doryx 100 mg

Wait 30 minutes, apply Kose sekkisei cream

I'm in the same position as you are. There's some days where I'm like, finally! I think my acne is going away. And then the next day one pops up. I think that makes dealing with acne emotionally a lot harder, the constant ups and downs.

The one thing I have noticed that has improved my acne is showering at night. I think I get more of my makeup off in the shower, which gives me less breakouts. I also shower in the morning [i'm a real water consumer lol!]. I did notice some improvement after that.

Good luck (:

I feel your pain. I'm 29 and still battling it----thought surely my face would clear up by the time I turn 30, but I guess not! In fact, it's worse now than when I was a teenager! Now, I have wrinkles to deal with too, which makes dealing with the acne all that much more difficult-----most products dry the face, which makes the wrinkling situation worse, etc.

Hey White Lotus! So you've been on differin and ortho tri-cyclen about a month? Stick with it. I was well into my second month and thinking things weren't ever going to get any better ... around week 12, though, they suddenly started getting so much better. I was like, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, suddenly ok, looking good, getting better, better, better ...

My doc also prescribed duac in the morning and though I've used it a little bit for spot treating I didn't like it very much. It's impossible to wear under makeup, it creates this yucky yellowy paste out of the combo of duac and foundation. So I only use it on the weekends when I'm not going into the office.

Hope your regimen works!