Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chloe0828

Side effect from spiro?

I ws on spiro for 3 months on 25mg nd about a month go started take 50mg...during this time i have been getting brown discharge on and off, and irregular menstrual. Is this side effect of spiro? has anyone had the same problem? sorry for tmi. thanks

Hello, I have the same problem and I've been on Aldactone ( 100 mg a day ) for a little over a month now. My endo told me that spotting is ''normal'' when a woman takes Spiro without birth control pill.

thanks so much! i was assumming that but just wnted to mke sure because i havent gotten my period this whole month but have been spotting. thnks!

Irregular menstrual cycle can happen with any hormonal treatment; please also talk to your doctor. An irregular menstrual cycle isn't always due to medication (even when on a hormonal type med) and should be further researched.

thanks. I have always been irregular and everything was fine the last time i went to a doctor for blood but i will mention it again the next time i go. As soon as i started taking twice a day 25mg i began the spotting probably two weeks later.