Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AutonomousOne1980

Natural Healing

just want to cover some bases for the concept of how your body would start to heal itself.

1.Exposure time to total darkness/good sleep habits

darkness is a signal to your body to start the rest/repair process, ive just read a great book title lights out: sugar,sleep and survival-http://www.amazon.com/Lights-Out-Sleep-Sug...l/dp/0671038680

by the way, the authors are way overeducated so they have some amazing things to say, this book is almost revolutionary.

but apparently many of the major diseases and killers of people can be linked to our exposure to dark and light cycles, as a society we are essentially addicted to light which is a major change in the environment humans have evolved in.

This book suggests ensuring total darkness for about ten hours straight for maximum health. Basically when the sun goes down, you should be asleep, and when the sun comes up, you should be awake. if it is dark and you are awake minimize your exposure to light so that you spend enough time in the dark,I wear sunglasses while watching tv with the tvs briteness turned down as low as i can bear. This would signal a greater amount of melatonin to be produced, melatonin can eliminate many forms of cancer and also darkness can control many of your other hormones as well, melatonin is just the tip of the iceberg. Testosterone and estrogen levels all have an influence on your exposure to darkness and light.

Read the book, these guys are hella smart as well as formally educated people. its probably at your local library, or buy it as it is worth every penny.

recent edit:But its all about melatonin, ive also read a book written by some more super smart people called the melatonin miracle http://www.amazon.com/Melatonin-Miracle-Ag...g/dp/0671534351 apparently nature has many things right, melatonin is being discovered to be one of the most if not the most powerful antioxidents known as of yet, it protects cells and dna from all sort of damage which is basically what many disease are, mistakes in the dna. but also it there is a possibility that melatonin can actually repair the dna damage, such as melatonins ability to return cancer cells to normal, cancer cells are cells that have lost their memory or set of instructions on how to reproduce themselves normally, melatonin eliminates the free radicals that can damage the cell and also can travel into the cell nucleus to repair it, so it can divide normally again.

2. mental stress/physical bodily tension/Meditation

I combined all of these because they are all related, your mind is connected to your body, and therefore they can be veiwed as one system, each affecting the other. This becomes apparent when people become majorly stressed and stress hormones change your physiology and cause tightend muscles and tension all throught the body, but this is due to what is going on in the mind, and even further in your life or of your perception of your life, so your life situations are also your health as well, all is connected.

A.Meditation Through meditation you learn to let go of things and in some ways this will alter your perception of events and reality. But what meditation does when done right is simulate a state of extreme mental relaxation, as if you have everything you need and need no more, as if you were not even concious of your own lifes issues or even perhaps who you even are, completly losing conciousness of self to achieve pure uncluttered conciousness, this is also giving your mind an opportunity to feel like you dont have anything to do, and the more you have convinced your mind everything is alright, you feel 100 percent safe, 100% loved your whole body and mind follows and begins to rest completly.

I specifically use what is called a technique most similar to Transcendental Meditation which includes repeating a mantra and bathing your mind in sound vibrations. you can use the word "aum" with a long emphasis on the "mmmm" part or the "auuu" part , play around with both and sense the difference in vibrations. Do this for at least 5 minutes, 10 minutes is best 2x a day. also i think in my head certain things to initiate this state of being like to eliminate worry about the future

-whatever issue is on my mind i think to myself, even if that unlikely scenario happens ill still be alive and alright, taking notice of how safe i really am.

-everything is going to be alright from now on

- who is to say anything is ever wrong with anything about me or my life, to dispell and guilt about who i am and realize the one truth of existence, dispell subjective interpretations of who you are or accepting anyone else reality or take on how you should feel about anything at all, who is to say there is anything wrong with having acne?? all this stuff is REALLY up to you as if you were the only person on earth, you would eliminate all subjective interpretations of reality or what anything ever IS, there is no subjective good or bad, right or wrong, things just are things.

- since i can never predict what is to come tomorrow, then im justified in assuming things will just work out, is its just as equal of a possibility as any other. saying this or realizing this helps me to stop worrying, or using what if against itself like what everything just works out perfectly? or better then i expected?

- i also repeat to myself that all the bad times are over now and i envision a return to a time when my life seemed absolutly perfect, i guess this is a form of visualization but it is sometimes effective.

whatever it takes to get you into that state of being where you have eliminated all thought and achieve absolute stillness of mind is the whole goal, maybe even a bit of excitement for the furture as well. As your mind becomes still so does your body, once you reach this state your breath slows down, you consume less oxygen, then your repair process and health speeds up.

B. Physical Relaxation Here is a bodily relaxation technique i learned from a book called relief without drugs by anslie meares http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ainslie_Meares

This was one of his techniques in a program that lead to the remission of cancer which he reported to a legitimate scientific journal, take note that is was reported and not proven, at least to my knowledge, so i cant make any promises as to what this would do to anyone but it is highly likely there is some great benefits.

This exercise helps your body relax

basically you tighten various muscle groups for 20 seconds, usually starting with your feet and calves, then release for 20 seconds then do the opposing muscle group and work every muscle group in your body all the up to your neck and i even blow air in my cheeks and expand my lips and cheeks and even tighten my jaw as well, try doing this with every single muscle group and an intense bodily relaxation with or at least should come over you, after doing this once correctly you will have all the proof you need, do not let my words alone by of any proof of its effectiveness you cannot make a decision based on my words alone.

As a suggestion, i start with the body tension exercise then a stretch every muscle in my body then i massage every muscle in my body, then i meditate. By doing the bodily stuff first that prepares my mind better for the mental parts which are sometimes more challenging, but as the body becomes relaxed the mind many times follows suit.

you can also think of this training as a sort of life conditioning as well, keeping yourself in a relaxed state, as sometimes we react towards stressors as if they are going to harm us in some life threatening way, but in reality your life is in no danger whatsoever, after a while this is you normal response, a response of absolute tension toward some trivial detail of life, and as your mind and body makes a habit of it you can always be in this state or at least more then you would prefer to be. You reset the wiring of your brain to calm, almost like practicing for a musical performance so you condition your fingers to respond in the correct fashion almost automatically, the same will be in this practice of relaxation, because after all the stress you've been through as of yet, you are still alive arent you?? we are so unbelievably safer then we have convinced ourselves to be, its ridiculous.

Now as you become more relaxed your immune system will strengthen and your hormones will be better balanced.

I hope this was helpful new information for you.

Thanks for the recommendation on the sleep book. Sleep and lucid dreaming fascinates me. I can never understand how some people go without much sleep and stay up late at night. I need my sleep and my body can really tell when I didn't get enough (like today for Black Friday).

Thanks for the recommendation on the sleep book. Sleep and lucid dreaming fascinates me. I can never understand how some people go without much sleep and stay up late at night. I need my sleep and my body can really tell when I didn't get enough (like today for Black Friday).

Your welcome! i have to say going to the library is by far superior to anything found on the internet, although im not dissing the internet there is just way better information in books, but then again i can get on here and share it all with other people and get it out there.

ITs not just a sleep book its a possibly revolutionary theory of many diseases, and how they correlate to the light dark cycle we have strayed from a bit in modern times, also written by a dude with three degrees and experiance in scientific research.

indeed this information was extremely helpful. thank you is all i have to say!

i have completly gone the mind/body route for intitiating a state of healing. they say stress is reponsible for ~80% of ALL diseases, dont quote that verbatim as that is from memory but still its close to accurate.

I've also gone as far to improve the rationality of my beliefs, as anything you believe is true, regardless of whther it is the case or not, your body will react to it as if it were true. So i learn to practice skepticism and critical thinking skills, to keep me from believing my own and other peoples bullshit.Generally i avoid coming to unjustified conclusions about anything, and i make sure my beliefs are firmly rooted in reality and double check them with reality.

In addition to that, ive also identified a few personality traits that ive adapted to limit our own tolerance to stressfull situations, and to be more attentive to how my inner world relates to my outer environment and developing a sense of emotional honesty, well these are in a few of my old posts but i am on the verge of developing a full system or philosophy which i wll put together sometime soon. This is all supported by some general facts about psychoendocrinology and psychoneuroimmunology.

Right now im researching the possibility of acne being basically initiated by oxidative stress(diet and actual mental stress), and the exciting possibility that by lowering stress through stuff like this and increasing darkness, melatonin which is known as a repairer of dna which is how it keeps cancer cells at bay by first being an antioxident and second repairing damaged dna, essentially i think it may be able to do the exact same thing as accutane which is also a derivitive of vitamin a, another antioxident. similarly melatonin has a strong relationship on the immune system, just like accutane, so there are some general similarity but may not be anything alike but some times if looks like a duck well many times its a duck. another thing is 13-cis retinoic acid(accutane) has anti inflammatory properties just like melatonin, thing is melatonin is released by darkness and is available over the counter, but i hate to get peoples hopes too high by making any promises at all, its still kinda cool if it happens to be true. Another similarity is that they both have anticancer properties as well.

Hey, thanks for the info OP>

Just last couple of days I experienced very major breakbouts on my cheeks. And coincidently I been healla stressed with school projects and upcoming finals:( I am going to force myself this to me to really meditate and tune everything out and attempt to sleep more. I am going to do it finally coz I have nothing to loose. it can't get worse than this :cry:

Hey, thanks for the info OP>

Just last couple of days I experienced very major breakbouts on my cheeks. And coincidently I been healla stressed with school projects and upcoming finals:( I am going to force myself this to me to really meditate and tune everything out and attempt to sleep more. I am going to do it finally coz I have nothing to loose. it can't get worse than this :cry:

To maximize your bodys production of MELATONIN, the most potent antioxident that rivals any dietary source due to its ability to cross the blood brain barrier and enter the nucleous of cells past the cells protective membranes and perhaps repairing dna damaged by free radicals, which acne may be due to oxidative damage of the functioning of cell division, what i am starting to do is get 3-4 hours of darkness even before i go to bed in addition to 8 hours of sleep, to maximize my bodys time exposure to melatonin, also i no longer go on the computer at night as the electromagnetic frequencys may interfere with the bodys ability to produce melatonin affecting my sleep quality, if i do go on, i turn the brightness way down, also i usually watch tv with the briteness turned way down, and i where sun glasses to make it even more dark, also the only light i use for my house is a lamp which i throw a towel over sounds dangerous but its a cool buring bulb, and with the sunglass i can see just enough to get around the house but its dark enough for melatonin to start kicking in.

one more thing you will also want to take slow release melatonin supplements to equally ensure a constant stream while you sleep.

also note, do NOT drink tap water that has been flouridated, i just read a study that confirmed that flouride causes the calcification of the pineal gland, the gland that secretes melatonin and regulates the endocrine system.

here are the sources http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/pineal/

Autonomous very insightful...Sodium Fluoride is bad from every angle known, it destroys brain cells, protects teeth when applied only to teeth not when ingested and even this is being contradicted by highly renowned doctors...Anyway just wanted to say thank you for the wealth of information you provide, and I wanted to ask what are your views on melatonin supplements or something like 5HTP which when taken when its dark becomes melatonin and when there's light becomes serotonin.

P.S. I think you might be on to something about leaving town/family and acne not being as serious, I leave for work and come home 10 hours later and whiteheads appear after just ~30 mins. :wall::wall:

Autonomous very insightful...Sodium Fluoride is bad from every angle known, it destroys brain cells, protects teeth when applied only to teeth not when ingested and even this is being contradicted by highly renowned doctors...Anyway just wanted to say thank you for the wealth of information you provide, and I wanted to ask what are your views on melatonin supplements or something like 5HTP which when taken when its dark becomes melatonin and when there's light becomes serotonin.

P.S. I think you might be on to something about leaving town/family and acne not being as serious, I leave for work and come home 10 hours later and whiteheads appear after just ~30 mins. :wall: :wall:

yes i actually im trying to move in that direction to further support my bodys own ability to produce melatonin, 5 htp is a decent alternative to melatonin, ive heard magnesium may be beneficial as well, but i dont know what role magnesium plays yet, also some b vitamin i dont remember. but i currently use 2mg slow release tabs that i cut into half so actually i only take 1 mg a night. problem is i heard your body may get dependant on it, not like addicted but it will mess with your bodys normal habit of making it, so its something you may have to experiment with. Then there is the possibility that due to ageing your body doesnt make as much so you may have to continue taking it for life.