Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inverted_boarding

I dont understand

Okay so I went away for 4 days down south for leavers and it consist of partying, drinking eating alot of junk and lack of sleep. I was going down thinking im going break out really bad, but surpirse I dint breakout beside one or two, and my older acne started healing, I drank barley any water either, Most of my day was at the beach and in the sun, So why dint I have a bad breakout?? Now im back at home ill keep you an update if i start breaking out again like before

I'd say your body has gotten much stronger and dealt with it very well, but don't do that more often than once in a while or else your body is gonna freak out and start pumping the pimples out again.

In some people eating the wrong foods doesn't cause breakouts, although eating the right foods will help existing acne heal much faster.

I think the key to your post is this: "Most of my day was at the beach and in the sun".

The sun is great for acne for at least two reasons:

1. The sun kills acne bacteria.

2. The sun upon your skin produces Vitamin D.

Do you also notice that your acne improves in the summer months?

Acne is related to what you eat, yes, but the sun is almost certainly responsible for your lack of breakouts in that instance.

If you visit the Vitamin D Council's website you'll find trustworthy information on Vitamin D. There is info specifically related to acne in their October 2008 newsletter.