Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just got my order delivered 3 days ago. so far my skin is red and itchy in clear spots. but where i have acne is being purged very fast and i have quite a few massive white heads(not sure if their called whiteheads thats just what they look like) and the redness where i have acne is fading (lol?). is there a technique or cream that i can use on these massive white heads to get rid of them faster? but don't say pop them, i don't want my face to get worse or worsen the scarring im going to have once i'm clear. i need to do something though because i woke up this morning with blood on my pillow and a scab where a whitehead was. i'm not sure but i'm thinking this is worse than popping because i could at least drain it all and disinfect the area.

i've seen a number of posts about commitment to the regimen saying stuff similar to "miss a session and be prepared to break out". well im curious of the opposite, if using it 3-4 times a day will speed things up? if anyone could shed some light that would be great.

lastly, what exactly is AHA cream for? ive been reading lots about it but i still don't understand what it's used for and if i should be ordering some.

I just got my order delivered 3 days ago. so far my skin is red and itchy in clear spots. but where i have acne is being purged very fast and i have quite a few massive white heads(not sure if their called whiteheads thats just what they look like) and the redness where i have acne is fading (lol?). is there a technique or cream that i can use on these massive white heads to get rid of them faster? but don't say pop them, i don't want my face to get worse or worsen the scarring im going to have once i'm clear. i need to do something though because i woke up this morning with blood on my pillow and a scab where a whitehead was. i'm not sure but i'm thinking this is worse than popping because i could at least drain it all and disinfect the area.

i've seen a number of posts about commitment to the regimen saying stuff similar to "miss a session and be prepared to break out". well im curious of the opposite, if using it 3-4 times a day will speed things up? if anyone could shed some light that would be great.

lastly, what exactly is AHA cream for? ive been reading lots about it but i still don't understand what it's used for and if i should be ordering some.

I wouldn't do the regimen 3-4 times a day. That will really confuse your skin and make it very red , itchy, and irritated. I've noticed with the BP that leaving the white heads, does nothing. I had 2 whiteheads sitting there for 2 weeks because "i'm not supposed to pop them." When I do pop them (in the correct way), they scab off in 2-3 days. Also, they don't hurt anymore. You must make sure you get all the bacteria out of them though or they will reform and be worse. I'm still on week 1 though (day 6) and I've noticed the acne that was already starting to form starting to come up. Hopefully, they will come and go and I'll be clear finally! The red spots are taking a while to fade, but I think once I incorporate the AHA as a nighttime moisturizer, hopefully those will subside as well. I'm getting married in May and I'm hoping to be clear by then!

Good Luck!

Hmm, it sounds like what you have aren't whiteheads, but pustules. Whiteheads are non-inflamed acne and there's usually not much inside them to pop. Pustules are a type of inflamed acne, so they can be tender and start out as red bumps that come to a head that's filled with pus (kinda gross, I know). BP will eventually prevent those pustules, but don't try to do the regimen at warp speed to get rid of them faster--you'll just irritate your skin more and maybe make it worse until your skin finally adjusts. If the pustule is super juicy and ready to burst, you can pop it yourself, but otherwise I would not mess with them at all, as you risk driving the infection deeper into your follicle and getting a bigger pimple that won't go away as easily.

I know you want those pustules gone ASAP, but please follow the regimen as normal, no 3-4 times a day business. You can dab a tiny bit of extra BP onto the pimples after applying it all over your face to help dry them out more. Above all, be sure to be gentle, and don't use more BP than your skin can handle. It's more important that you let your skin adjust to BP right now than getting rid of your acne, since if you get rid of your acne but can't handle BP very well, your face will be red and chapped-looking and draw more puzzled stares and comments than just normal acne.

AHA lotion is for people who are used to BP and want to incorporate in something extra to help out their skin. It can help with non-inflamed acne like blackheads and whiteheads a little bit, but what it mostly does is to exfoliate your skin and leave it looking smoother and fresher. Since BP can make your skin look rough, this helps make it look a lot better and even reduce the appearance of red marks left over from old pimples. I would not think about AHA at this point--wait until you can use a lot of BP and have your acne under control before adding in an extra factor.

I used to be a sucker for popping whiteheads as well, however it's generally a bad idea. If you have pustules that are "poppable", I strongly suggest purchasing some Nixoderm as a spot treatment for them. It will dry out the pus and push it out within a matter of hours! Check out the reviews on this site, they're great. If you're like me, and you simply can't wait around for two weeks for your white-headed minions to diminish, Nixoderm is definitely a greater alternative than popping.

Good luck.

The hardest part of the regimen in my opinion, is the beginning. You have to start off slowly with the BP until your skin becomes adjusted. It's crucial. After that it's all downhill.