Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lincoln Punch

Recommend me a moisturiser w/ physical sunscreen.

I don't like applying both moisturiser and sunscreen in the morning because most of those made for oily skin are silicone-based and they cause balling up issues. And I hate avobenzone sunscreens because they make my skin look somewhat nasty(red and greasy) and seem to break me out. So, is there any good moisturiser with physical sunscreen(Titanum Dioxide or Zinc Oxide)?

Olay Complete UV Moisture Lotion for Sensitive Skin.

If I'm not mistaken, Dan recommended it a while back for a good summer sunscreen. My skin is closer to the dry side, and I find that this stuff still moisturizes really well. If I'm having a really dry day, I just add one drop of jojoba oil, and all the flakes disappear. :dance:

It contains the antioxidants vitamin E and C, and it is 100% oil free and PABA free. An even bigger plus is that it has a broad-spectrum physical sunscreen (6% octinoxate, 3% Zinc Oxide) rather than a chemical sunscreen. My face breaks out horribly from chemical sunscreens like avobenzone. The Olay Complete doesn't clog my pores at all.

I'm also looking for a good sunscreen since I'm going to Jamaica this month...I also would like to find something with physical sunscreens and maybe some antioxidants while I'm at it...the paula's choice stuff sounds interesting, but is there something with a higher spf, at least 30? thanks guys!

I don't know if you're looking for a moisturizer/sunscreen combo, but Paula's Choice also has this:

Extra Care Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30+

It's nice because it's water-resistant, and has both UVB and UVA sunscreens.

If you just want a sunscreen, she has this:

Ultra-Light Sunscreen Spray Lotion SPF 55

That's her highest SPF. She has another spray that is SPF 30.

Olay Complete UV Moisture Lotion for Sensitive Skin.

If I'm not mistaken, Dan recommended it a while back for a good summer sunscreen. My skin is closer to the dry side, and I find that this stuff still moisturizes really well. If I'm having a really dry day, I just add one drop of jojoba oil, and all the flakes disappear. :dance:

It contains the antioxidants vitamin E and C, and it is 100% oil free and PABA free. An even bigger plus is that it has a broad-spectrum physical sunscreen (6% octinoxate, 3% Zinc Oxide) rather than a chemical sunscreen. My face breaks out horribly from chemical sunscreens like avobenzone. The Olay Complete doesn't clog my pores at all.

Thank you for recommending, but i'm afraid 3% of zinc oxide wouldn't be enough to block UVA, since when it comes to zinc oxide, you need higher concentration compared to titanum dioxide.

This is what I use during the day:

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 15 & Antioxidants

When you first put it on, it may look like it's giving your face a whitish cast, but in a few seconds it should sink in and you should look normal. A very little goes a long way.

That looks great but it isn't available here yet.. I've got PC daily mattifying lotion(which has also avobenzone, but i've decided to give it a shot.) and it doesn't seem to break me out. Thank you though. Ah, Paula's sunscreen spray also has avobenzone in it..

I use Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+. It has both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide (both physical sunscreens). You can buy it at most drugstores, including Target, Walgreens, Safeway, etc. You can also buy it online at drugstore.com here: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=12101

Or you could try Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+. It also has both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, and Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (like Aveeno products). You can also get it at most drugstores or online at drugstore.com here:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=12101

Hope this helps!

Eucerin Redness Relief has SPF 15, and titanium dioxide as an active ingredient. I personally really like the way it feels...nice and light.

I think that olay complete uv defense (with spf 30) has 6% zinc oxide. That should be enough of a physical sunblock. Any more than that and your face will look white as a ghost.